• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:agree:....If his arm doesn't become detached in Surprise AZ he's in...period.

And although I take the Holland injury as serious and perhaps something we honestly can't recover from for this season, I do think there is some decent optimism with the likes of Lewis, Ross, Kirkman, Hanson, for some help.

Tepesch

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan's main contribution, IMO, is that he changed the organizational philosophy on pitching for the positive and giving the franchise a positive face after the Hicks era and helping usher in new ownership

Other than that, I often saw him as a bit of a meddler

I thoroughly agree with your first point. And really hadn't thought so much about the latter.

The Rangers sucked for so long, I probably gave Nolan too much credit when things went right. Clearly, ownership supports your point of view.

But do take into account, if the Astro's improve ,honestly, how could they not, then Ryan may look like John Wayne riding to the rescue of not one, but two Texas franchises as not-only-a-player, but a rudder-in-the-water (regardless of position) from a FO standpoint.

It may not make for nothing more than a hill of beans and Internet chatter.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:....If his arm doesn't become detached in Surprise AZ he's in...period.

And although I take the Holland injury as serious and perhaps something we honestly can't recover from for this season, I do think there is some decent optimism with the likes of Lewis, Ross, Kirkman, Hanson, for some help.

Me personally, I don't even consider Lewis a possibility. I think the organization gave him a deal this year and last as a goodwill gesture for his past performances, playoffs especially.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused.

A quote from the movie Taxi Driver:

Travis Bickle: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me personally, I don't even consider Lewis a possibility. I think the organization gave him a deal this year and last as a goodwill gesture for his past performances, playoffs especially.

Disagree......we'll see how he shows up this season. Sports in general, is not known for paying for nothing. Unless of course your Jerry Jones. And he's just incompetent, stupid, silly, or all of the above.

Hell, we took chances on Cotts, Soria, and now Hanson - sure there's more and I can't come up with - and I can't imagine the organization doesn't see Colby in the same light. Caught the lighting from Japan last time, why not again?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree......we'll see how he shows up this season. Sports in general, is not known for paying for nothing. Unless of course your Jerry Jones. And he's just incompetent, stupid, silly, or all of the above.

Hell, we took chances on Cotts, Soria, and now Hanson - sure there's more and I can't come up with - and I can't imagine the organization doesn't see Colby in the same light. Caught the lighting from Japan last time, why not again?
Got your back on this one. Agree! If they gave him a chance, they want something back.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you're saying, but that hip surgery ain't no joke. Couple that with an elbow surgery and the fact that Lewis' stuff wasn't overwhelming back in 2012, I think it'd be beyond wishful thinking to expect him to throw anything beyond a ceremonial first pitch.

I hope I'm wrong, bc I like Colbyashi, but I really do think that the org felt bad for Lewis when he blew his arm out right before being able to test free agency. But what the hell do I know, right?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hadn't forgotten about Tepesch. I had included him - mentally - in the Ogando, Harrison, Yu, Perez group of starters.

Weren't you the one who was talking about us needing 2 starters and not one just a little while ago?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windying.....I apologize....it was posted by Scotsman.

I think we're on the same page, at least for the most part. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windying.....I apologize....it was posted by Scotsman.

I think we're on the same page, at least for the most part. haha
Scotty will still want two tomorrow.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauer is going to be at 1B A LOT this year, and he's so athletic he'd be wasted at DH

Yeah, he used be an awesome C but I thought his knees were still in real bad shape. They better now? I know first would be easier on them but with the investment they have in him you would figure if not they would only use him on the field sparingly. Perhaps my understanding of his knee issue is flawed though.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Some on here are so negative they will drag us down if we let em'. Soto is my dark horse pick. New starting role for himself should inspire him back to old form.

It would be great if Soto could put together a killer season! My dark horse pick is a little safer but I'm going with Profar, I think he is going to blossom in his sophomore season now that he doesn't have to worry about where he will be playing everyday.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if Soto could put together a killer season! My dark horse pick is a little safer but I'm going with Profar, I think he is going to blossom in his sophomore season now that he doesn't have to worry about where he will be playing everyday.
From the catcher position, I believe it will top last year. And Profar is a good bet.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the catcher position, I believe it will top last year. And Profar is a good bet.

So long as people don't think batting average is tge deciding factor of a player's value.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as people don't think batting average is tge deciding factor of a player's value.
Soto has a lot going for himself or at least he should. Promoted to starter should be a little inspiring and based on that I look for an improvement and Arencibia's avg. may be offset by a few extra RBI'S. HOPEFULLY