• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting Harrison to have a semi slow return to the starting rotation. Let's keep in mind he hasn't faced major league hitters in almost a year. But if he comes back to form by mid season, Holland gets well, Ogando maintains his health and Perez stays his growth course, we could have a really solid group for years actually.

And yes, I know that's a lot of "if's and maybe's" for the first half. But then again, maybe Ross, Kirkman, Lewis surprises us too.
Hey, glad your positive. Sports are built on 'if and maybe's. May be a little ifeeeee at the start but won't be long and the offense should produce more runs aiding in wins that were loses last year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, glad your positive. Sports are built on 'if and maybe's. May be a little ifeeeee at the start but won't be long and the offense should produce more runs aiding in wins that were loses last year.

Thanks.

And it seems to me there are some here who are really selling the bottom half of our batting order - Profar, Martin, Soto - way short. And I'm not trying to evaluate them through rose-colored glasses either.

I honestly think, last years experience will prove a great learning tool, and platform for Martin and Profar to improve this season. And Soto, along with Arencibia, will provide some nice pop from the catching position. Our offense is going to be fine.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

And it seems to me there are some here who are really selling the bottom half of our batting order - Profar, Martin, Soto - way short. And I'm not trying to evaluate them through rose-colored glasses either.

I honestly think, last years experience will prove a great learning tool, and platform for Martin and Profar to improve this season. And Soto, along with Arencibia, will provide some nice pop from the catching position. Our offense is going to be fine.
Exactly. Some on here are so negative they will drag us down if we let em'. Soto is my dark horse pick. New starting role for himself should inspire him back to old form.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Some on here are so negative they will drag us down if we let em'. Soto is my dark horse pick. New starting role for himself should inspire him back to old form.

Soto was doing the deal at the end of last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if JPA ended up getting more at bats than Soto.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexi is going to be the 4th starter. Take that to the bank

:agree:....If his arm doesn't become detached in Surprise AZ he's in...period.

And although I take the Holland injury as serious and perhaps something we honestly can't recover from for this season, I do think there is some decent optimism with the likes of Lewis, Ross, Kirkman, Hanson, for some help.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's a Paul Molitor or Edgar Martinez when you need him? Hell I'd bet someone on this board 20 bucks that we could bring Vlad out of retirement and he could do better at DH then Moreland.

Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up already.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin turncoat!

(I'm kidding)

I appreciate your humor.....but thinking semi-seriously.....who let who go here? Who's the turncoat?

This could be a miscalculation on the FO's part, especially the ownership group, to let Nolan go so quickly/ unceremoniously, and to our rival/his hometown team (sorta) and could prove to be a PR nightmare within a few seasons if we don't respond by playing well.

Honestly, pretty slippery slope we've set up for ourselves. Why'd we do this? Or is Nolan really the bad guy here?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your humor.....but thinking semi-seriously.....who let who go here? Who's the turncoat?

This could be a miscalculation on the FO's part, especially the ownership group, to let Nolan go so quickly/ unceremoniously, and to our rival/his hometown team (sorta) and could prove to be a PR nightmare within a few seasons if we don't respond by playing well.

Honestly, pretty slippery slope we've set up for ourselves. Why'd we do this? Or is Nolan really the bad guy here?

Nolan's main contribution, IMO, is that he changed the organizational philosophy on pitching for the positive and giving the franchise a positive face after the Hicks era and helping usher in new ownership

Other than that, I often saw him as a bit of a meddler

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers are in good hands.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan's main contribution, IMO, is that he changed the organizational philosophy on pitching for the positive and giving the franchise a positive face after the Hicks era and helping usher in new ownership

Other than that, I often saw him as a bit of a meddler

You may be correct on that but I would also add he went through a lot of stress in the court proceedings when trying to wrestle the team from Hicks and against Crane and Cuban. Hicks put him on a cliff a few times during all of that.