• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY guaranteed he probably had a gay teammate in a recent interview. CJ Wilson? That's the only possible answer.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLB Rumors...

TUESDAY, 9:56pm: Hanson does get a major league contract, but it is a split deal that will provide a separate minor league salary, explains Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News ([ame="[MEDIA=twitter]433449116866060289[/MEDIA]"]via Twitter[/ame]). In other words, Hanson -- who has an option remaining -- does not get a $2MM guarantee but will be paid at that rate for such time as he is on the MLB roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY guaranteed he probably had a gay teammate in a recent interview. CJ Wilson? That's the only possible answer.

CJ did marry a Brazilian Super model in December. So, maybe not.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ did marry a Brazilian Super model in December. So, maybe not.

CJ seems like the ultimate over compensator. Being married doesn't make you a straight guy. I think we all know that one. I am mostly kidding, but I think it would be funny. Whether people like stereotypes or not CJ fits that prissy stereotype well that goes hand in hand with some (not all) gay guys.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ seems like the ultimate over compensator. Being married doesn't make you a straight guy. I think we all know that one. I am mostly kidding, but I think it would be funny. Whether people like stereotypes or not CJ fits that prissy stereotype well that goes hand in hand with some (not all) gay guys.

If not gay, he certainly has the metrosexual thing going on.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1985, 8 players that have come through the Rangers organization that have hit HR in there first MLB AB. Can you name some or all of them? (Note: That these players didn't have to play for the Rangers when they did it, they just played for them at some point in their MLB career- rookie season 1985 or later).

Note: Only one player has done this in a Ranger uniform in Texas Ranger history. This one is going tougher than I originally thought so I will give a few clues a little later on. I will say this much though, a shocking one in a pitcher, that did it for an AL team and only had 2 career ABs. He had a single in his other AB giving him a lifetime 1.000 BA.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1985, 8 players that have come through the Rangers organization that have hit HR in there first MLB AB. Can you name some or all of them? (Note: That these players didn't have to play for the Rangers when they did it, they just played for them at some point in their MLB career- rookie season 1985 or later).

Note: Only one player has done this in a Ranger uniform in Texas Ranger history. This one is going tougher than I originally thought so I will give a few clues a little later on. I will say this much though, a shocking one in a pitcher, that did it for an AL team and only had 2 career ABs. He had a single in his other AB giving him a lifetime 1.000 BA.

One for sure is Jurickson Profar. He homered against the Indians in his first major league AB.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Clark
Juri Profar
JP Arencibia
Mike Napoli
Carlos Lee

off the top of my head

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Estaban Yan
Marcus Thames

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Estaban Yan
Marcus Thames

Thats the really tough one-the pitcher.. but you got most of them. And Rev is right Profar is the only Ranger too do it. The other guys are pretty tough form this point on. Do you know who Clark's was against? Just one more... not a very popular one.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the really tough one-the pitcher.. but you got most of them. And Rev is right Profar is the only Ranger too do it. The other guys are pretty tough form this point on. Do you know who Clark's was against? Just one more... not a very popular one.

Brad Fullmer

and the "thrill" went yard off of Nolan Ryan at Candlestick in his first ever MLB at bat, he was my favorite baseball player growing up when he was with the Giants before he played for the Rangers.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Fullmer

and the "thrill" went yard off of Nolan Ryan at Candlestick in his first ever MLB at bat, he was my favorite baseball player growing up when he was with the Giants before he played for the Rangers.

Awesome Job. I guess no hints needed... It looks like you figured it out faster than it took me to type the question and find the answer myself. :yahoo:

Yeah, I'm a big Clark fan too, I was stoked when we got him in the mid 90's. Always thought it was cool he homered off of Nolan in his first MLB AB. He was the reason I took it back to 1985.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome Job. I guess no hints needed... It looks like you figured it out faster than it took me to type the question and find the answer myself. :yahoo:

Yeah, I'm a big Clark fan too, I was stoked when we got him in the mid 90's. Always thought it was cool he homered off of Nolan in his first MLB AB. He was the reason I took it back to 1985.

I moved to AZ in 85 from Texas and the Giants AAA team was the Phoenix Firebirds, watched lots of their players come up through that club. I had to adopt the Giants as my favorite baseball team as the Giants and Cubs were the only baseball teams that were broadcast there at the time unless there was a nationally televised game. I collected baseball cards like most young guys and practiced forging Will's autograph on lots of baseball cards, didn't have much going on I guess.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he used be an awesome C but I thought his knees were still in real bad shape. They better now? I know first would be easier on them but with the investment they have in him you would figure if not they would only use him on the field sparingly. Perhaps my understanding of his knee issue is flawed though.

I think it was actually more for the concussions issue and to head any major injuries off at the pass and keep him on the field more

He's had some knee injuries but I don't think it was a major issue... yet

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was actually more for the concussions issue and to head any major injuries off at the pass and keep him on the field more

He also had at least one back injury. They probably extended his career moving him to first.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I remembered the concussion thing, and when the Twins said he would move to 1B to try and keep him on the field for the bulk of the years he still had on his contract. Morneau had the concussion issue as well, so it always confused me a bit trying to remember if it was one or both of them with concussion issues

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved to AZ in 85 from Texas and the Giants AAA team was the Phoenix Firebirds, watched lots of their players come up through that club. I had to adopt the Giants as my favorite baseball team as the Giants and Cubs were the only baseball teams that were broadcast there at the time unless there was a nationally televised game. I collected baseball cards like most young guys and practiced forging Will's autograph on lots of baseball cards, didn't have much going on I guess.

Ha... that's funny... I used to do the same thing with Nolan Ryan's autograph on his whatabugar cards.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remembered the concussion thing, and when the Twins said he would move to 1B to try and keep him on the field for the bulk of the years he still had on his contract. Morneau had the concussion issue as well, so it always confused me a bit trying to remember if it was one or both of them with concussion issues

When Morneau was there, only he had them, last year was the first time Mauer had them that I know of

But it was a pretty bad one, so they decided to not tempt fate I'm guessing, it was a move in the works for a couple years anyway, plus they have that Josmil Pinto guy that's supposed to be pretty good now

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh wow... I was way off.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Morneau was there, only he had them, last year was the first time Mauer had them that I know of

But it was a pretty bad one, so they decided to not tempt fate I'm guessing, it was a move in the works for a couple years anyway, plus they have that Josmil Pinto guy that's supposed to be pretty good now

Probably the best move considering their investment