• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Andrus, Profar or (a not mentioned) Martin are prospective offensive protection for Beltre.

Yep without a trade of some kind or a FA signing, it pretty much leaves Rios, MM or Soto to protect Beltre. Hopefully MM can prove he's ready to take that roll on. If so he's the best fit. I don't really like either Rios or Soto there either.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible to change my member name and if so could someone please tell me how to do it. Thanks

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep without a trade of some kind or a FA signing, it pretty much leaves Rios, MM or Soto to protect Beltre. Hopefully MM can prove he's ready to take that roll on. If so he's the best fit. I don't really like either Rios or Soto there either.
By the way. Welcome to the board. Good baseball people here.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe MM is as bad as most people make him out to be. Mitch has had 1 full season where he was given the starting job on a daily basis. His biggest problem has been staying healthy. Since 2010 he has 1560 plate appearances. Average for a 162 game season breaks out to 253/318/440 with 23 HR's and 68 rbis. For the money it would take to sign Morales or resign Cruz, I feel MM needs to be given this year as more or less his last chance as a Ranger. A lot of players take 3 or 4 years to find their groove and just maybe MM fits into that category. Just hope he can stay healthy to see what we can get out of him in a full season.

I'm a big anti-Mitch guy....my frustrations are due to several factors. Since 2009, the Rangers stated goal has been to win the World Series. You could say every team has that goal, but only 6-8 teams have a viable championship window. Given where they are now, the Rangers shouldn't give Mitch every day playing time. I hate to break it to some of you, but injuries are not an excuse. As a player, you either produce or go back to the minors. Mitch has done nothing to earn the amount of playing time that he is regrettably going to receive. Last year, Mitch was no-show in what was the worst Texas Rangers offense we have seen since the early 90's. I'm guessing JD doesn't know what to do with Mitch. The main black marks on his resume are dealing first basemen who've killed it elsewhere ( Gonzalez and Davis). I'd chalk up the Gonzo trade as on-the-job training and Davis wasn't his fault. The Rangers gave him every chance to succeed. On the flip side, the Teixeira trade yielded a bounty which made the Rangers competitive again. JD doesn't want another Davis to get away, he's playing it safe. I think the move is atrocious, but I'm not the GM.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big anti-Mitch guy....my frustrations are due to several factors. Since 2009, the Rangers stated goal has been to win the World Series. You could say every team has that goal, but only 6-8 teams have a viable championship window. Given where they are now, the Rangers shouldn't give Mitch every day playing time. I hate to break it to some of you, but injuries are not an excuse. As a player, you either produce or go back to the minors. Mitch has done nothing to earn the amount of playing time that he is regrettably going to receive. Last year, Mitch was no-show in what was the worst Texas Rangers offense we have seen since the early 90's. I'm guessing JD doesn't know what to do with Mitch. The main black marks on his resume are dealing first basemen who've killed it elsewhere ( Gonzalez and Davis). I'd chalk up the Gonzo trade as on-the-job training and Davis wasn't his fault. The Rangers gave him every chance to succeed. On the flip side, the Teixeira trade yielded a bounty which made the Rangers competitive again. JD doesn't want another Davis to get away, he's playing it safe. I think the move is atrocious, but I'm not the GM.[/QUOTE Injuries are not an excuse? Might be a reason tho

Last edited by a moderator:

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big anti-Mitch guy....my frustrations are due to several factors. Since 2009, the Rangers stated goal has been to win the World Series. You could say every team has that goal, but only 6-8 teams have a viable championship window. Given where they are now, the Rangers shouldn't give Mitch every day playing time. I hate to break it to some of you, but injuries are not an excuse. As a player, you either produce or go back to the minors. Mitch has done nothing to earn the amount of playing time that he is regrettably going to receive. Last year, Mitch was no-show in what was the worst Texas Rangers offense we have seen since the early 90's. I'm guessing JD doesn't know what to do with Mitch. The main black marks on his resume are dealing first basemen who've killed it elsewhere ( Gonzalez and Davis). I'd chalk up the Gonzo trade as on-the-job training and Davis wasn't his fault. The Rangers gave him every chance to succeed. On the flip side, the Teixeira trade yielded a bounty which made the Rangers competitive again. JD doesn't want another Davis to get away, he's playing it safe. I think the move is atrocious, but I'm not the GM.

Gotta say crawler I do agree with you regarding injuries not being an excuse, they are however a big part of the game. As for the offense tanking last season, it sure did, it sucked. Couldn't get a hit with RISP to save our life, couldn't even hardly get a hit with less than 2 outs. I'm not sure how all the blame lays at the feet of MM though. As for MM, his numbers haven't been bad over the course of his playing time. The real question is can he find the next level this season? For the $2.5M or so that he's going to cost, from an economic point of view, JD IMO really has no choice but to give him "the one more chance".

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible to change my member name and if so could someone please tell me how to do it. Thanks

Click on User CP on the tool bar. Then on the left is all you'll ever need to know partner.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the Giants, Cardinals and Red Sox considered in the top 6-8 "potential WS" champions? And that's 3 outta the last 5. Seems to me they all sorta came outta nowhere.

My rub with MM is not just a single injury, but his lack of ability to ever stay healthy. Last year, he was smoking until he got hurt, and he looked like a 20 year old AA player after he came back.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, look at the Halos payroll for this season. Damn near half of it is allocated to 3 players Pujols, Wells, and Hamilton. Toss Wilson in there and that's 4 players (one that is no longer even on the team, so really 3) making up over half of the payroll.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/?cyear=2014&team=ANA&pos=

It's crazy that Wells is making almost the same amount as Pujols this season and from the looks of things he is going to be watching baseball...not playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the Giants, Cardinals and Red Sox considered in the top 6-8 "potential WS" champions? And that's 3 outta the last 5. Seems to me they all sorta came outta nowhere.

My rub with MM is not just a single injury, but his lack of ability to ever stay healthy. Last year, he was smoking until he got hurt, and he looked like a 20 year old AA player after he came back.

Without a doubt. It's been something every year. He looked lost after he came back last year and for whatever reason couldn't play his way out of the slump. He does have the tools to be a very good hitter with power and for the sake of the Rangers I would like to see him put it together.

I know I sound like a huge MM fan. That's not the case. I'm for whoever can make this team better and a solid year from MM will make this team better.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until Fordman84 comes around. He can probably help you.

Or he can go up to the tool bar and click on User CP, and follow from there. Someone here showed me this earlier and it's a piece of pie. If I can do it, trust me, damn near anyone can do it.

You been out to Main St BBQ recently? I'm gonna try and go out on Fri for lunch.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he can go up to the tool bar and click on User CP, and follow from there. Someone here showed me this earlier and it's a piece of pie. If I can do it, trust me, damn near anyone can do it.

You been out to Main St BBQ recently? I'm gonna try and go out on Fri for lunch.

No, I haven't been there in awhile. I wish they were open during the week. I'm always driving by there wishing they were open.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I've tried that but haven't been able to see anywhere to change username

Damn it! I'm not the greatest on the computer but I thought I'd given you a good word there. I went all over the place there and apparently JMT had it right; wait on Fordman.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it! I'm not the greatest on the computer but I thought I'd given you a good word there. I went all over the place there and apparently JMT had it right; wait on Fordman.
I just changed my pass word and checked out ok.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just changed my pass word and checked out ok.

Yeah DT I got my password and my email changed but I would like to change my name and I don't see anywhere to do that.