• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note, it's been a couple of days since the last Cruz to SEA articles. It's about time for someone to write another fluff piece about it :)

unfortunately for us, I still think he ends up there (which I said not that long ago, when there were no recent rumors)...it certainly helps they don't lose their pick, and though they've made some obviousy ugrades, it still didn't seem like they had made the aggresive offense upgrades they "promised". Cruz might polish that off.

I hope I'm wrong, we struggled with Seattle when they weren't very good...the team on paper is already better.

I guess you could always root for Cruz to decline, but I don't think he's going to, not yet

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how in the world would that be "the second highest" in the league which was reported in the other thread?
Then you read 5-10 on lonestarball

if it were closer to 10 for 10 years, that's 100mil (obviously) and worth it.
I would be dissapointed if it were only 5, I know an extra 50 over 10 years is still good, but REALLY...if your going to sell the name, get more money, I don't understand

Do you have a confirmation on the amount?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/te...ame-of-global-life-in-today-s-announcment.ece

I heard the same reported on the radio. I'm equally disappointed but $50 million is more than they had. It will always be the BiA to me.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately for us, I still think he ends up there (which I said not that long ago, when there were no recent rumors)...it certainly helps they don't lose their pick, and though they've made some obviousy ugrades, it still didn't seem like they had made the aggresive offense upgrades they "promised". Cruz might polish that off.

I hope I'm wrong, we struggled with Seattle when they weren't very good...the team on paper is already better.

I guess you could always root for Cruz to decline, but I don't think he's going to, not yet

Seattle would lose a pick Lainey. We would pick somewhere around 30-40 if they were to sign Cruz.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle would lose a pick Lainey. We would pick somewhere around 30-40 if they were to sign Cruz.

Think she was referring to their 1st round pick (pick 6 I believe). Its protected.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how in the world would that be "the second highest" in the league which was reported in the other thread?
Then you read 5-10 on lonestarball

if it were closer to 10 for 10 years, that's 100mil (obviously) and worth it.
I would be dissapointed if it were only 5, I know an extra 50 over 10 years is still good, but REALLY...if your going to sell the name, get more money, I don't understand

Do you have a confirmation on the amount?

I looked it up. 2nd highest is Houston at 7.4 million a year.
3rd - Minnesota - 5.3
4th - White Sox - 4.1
5th - Cleveland - 3.8

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note, it's been a couple of days since the last Cruz to SEA articles. It's about time for someone to write another fluff piece about it :)

I have gotten to the point of paying no attention as you are to these articles. Cruz has been headed to Seattle for weeks now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably may not be a big deal either way but was curious why we let Chaz Roe go instead of someone like Pedro Figueroa.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL is the new Texas, and that isn't a shot at them taking our rejects. They are now getting lumped into the conversation for all remaining FA's since they have announced they still have money to spend. All agents are going to say "Baltimore still interested" to keep interest and price up. :yahoo:

I wouldn't mind having a couple of those rejects back lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle is one year away from being a serious contender in the West. One more year for their young pitchers, and they're gonna be good for a while

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is one year away from being a serious contender in the West. One more year for their young pitchers, and they're gonna be good for a while

Seattle needs to develop offensive talent. They have some really talented young arms though.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone give me your best guess on why the Rangers wouldn't have resigned Jeff Baker? He sure signed for a "modest" contract in FL. Relatively speaking in the world of baseball finance, this is pennies.

My hunch is that Texas just doesn't think he's very good. There's absolutely no way we were going to guarantee him 2 years though, he was wise to jump on that deal with Miami

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle needs to develop offensive talent. They have some really talented young arms though.

This division is getting better and fast.

Seattle has certainly made some major strides, and Houston's farm system is killer. Hopefully the Rangers are going to continue to track toward the top, and unfortunately, we all know the A's are going to be tough.

Maybe the Angels will continue to suck. hahaha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch is that Texas just doesn't think he's very good. There's absolutely no way we were going to guarantee him 2 years though, he was wise to jump on that deal with Miami

Perhaps you're on to something here sir. hahaha For some reason, I just remember Baker being a nice rotation piece at various positions, and a very good bat against one side. But considering what he signed for, I may be one-of-one who had him on any kind of pedestal. So this said, you're right, he was thinking correctly in jumping on 2 years and let the history write itself.