• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference scheduled at 11:00 am to announce new name according to FOX 4.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me David Murphy vs King Felix all day. Oh well I think in the end Nellie goes wherever he is offered both years and money. I don't really see a one year deal as some have talked about, based primarily on the draft pick compensation. If I am a team giving up a pick, it would seem as if you'd want more years at a lower AAV to compensate for that. That said if he signs with Seattle we might receive one of the lowest round draft picks of any signing team, as their 1st rounder is protected and their 2nd goes to the Yanks for Cano and the Rangers would get their next pick.

If Seattle signs him, we would get a pick around 30-40. XxXuniverse explained it a few pages back.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Josh is up to his usual "which player will show up" this season again.

Former Texas Rangers outfielder is hoping to pound a few more home runs for the Angels this season than the 21 he pounded last season. His approach? Put on a few pounds.

In a courier-journal.com story, Hamilton has reportedly added 28 pounds over the off-season. Before the 2013 season, his first in Los Angeles after helping the Rangers win American League pennants in 2010 and 2011, Hamilton cut gluten out of his diet as well as processed food. He feels that change may have sapped him of some strength.

“I didn’t feel like my power was where it needed to be,” Hamilton said. “But overall I still feel good about eating healthy and lifting heavier weights this off-season.”

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Former Texas Rangers outfielder is hoping to pound a few more home runs for the Angels this season than the 21 he pounded last season. His approach? Put on a few pounds.

In a courier-journal.com story, Hamilton has reportedly added 28 pounds over the off-season. Before the 2013 season, his first in Los Angeles after helping the Rangers win American League pennants in 2010 and 2011, Hamilton cut gluten out of his diet as well as processed food. He feels that change may have sapped him of some strength.

“I didn’t feel like my power was where it needed to be,” Hamilton said. “But overall I still feel good about eating healthy and lifting heavier weights this off-season.”

Yeah, it is was all because of the lost pounds. Had nothing to do what goes on between his ears. :laugh3:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I didn’t feel like my power was where it needed to be,” Hamilton said. “But overall I still feel good about eating healthy and lifting heavier weights this off-season.”[/QUOTE Who knows what he will do. The guy has a head problem. Not a weight problem. IMO

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is was all because of the lost pounds. Had nothing to do what goes on between his ears. :laugh3:

That's really my point. He's never figured it out, to get a routine-stay on it and/or refine it- and then go with it. Frankly, he's not capable. His starting point seems to be stage one every season.

Again, I expect him to bounce back some this season, but I'm glad he's someone else's headache now too.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Rangers will hold a press conference tomorrow morning to announce a new naming rights deal for Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, the team announced today. Details of the sponsorship agreement are not known, but clearly the park will see some modification to its current name.

Verizon Ballpark in Arlington?

Sports SportsHoopla Ballpark in Arlington?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's really my point. He's never figured it out, to get a routine-stay on it and/or refine it- and then go with it. Frankly, he's not capable. His starting point seems to be stage one every season.

Again, I expect him to bounce back some this season, but I'm glad he's someone else's headache now too.

I think he should try switch hitting this year ... let his brain work on that some.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Globe Life Ins. will be the sponsor of BPIA but official name not announced yet

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Globe Life Ins. will be the sponsor of BPIA but official name not announced yet

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/texas-rangers/137947-new-naming-rights.html

Globe Life Park in Arlington

BfucPRCIEAM9fH9.jpg

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...who cares so long as it helps them get and keep players
Right! Better than MOTEL 6 or CHICKEN EXPRESS. Take the money and keep us in contention.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is on the fan. They asked if he is going to feel pressure to be the next leader on the team. He said I'll never be Mr. Ranger. That is Michael Young.

I love this kid. I hope we don't trade him when Odor is ready. I guess it would be next year and maybe Beltre moves to DH.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law says this guy just missed his top 100.

Alex Gonzalez, RHP | Texas Rangers
Top 2013 level: High Class A (Myrtle Beach)

"Chi-Chi" was the Rangers' first pick in the 2013 draft, an Oral Roberts product with a swing-and-miss cutter and a capacity to generate ground balls. His delivery is simple and his fastball is solid-average at 90-93, so he has mid-rotation starter potential, but the moderate 6-foot-2, 195-pound build means the 22-year-old doesn't have a ton of upside and fell a little short of the main list.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Rangers have ppl working on getting some Shakespeare puns ready for this season.

A midsummer nights game here at the Globe...

'Feliz was a little shaky in the ninth, but alls well that ends well'

This defense is practically a comedy of errors.