• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TUESDAY, 5:38pm: The Cubs joined the Rangers in watching Yoon throw 30 pitches today, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com (via Twitter). He will hold similar, short bullpen sessions for other clubs in the next few days, tweets Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.

Yoon's health remains the major issue for clubs considering Yoon's request for multiple years, Sullivan adds. The South Korean is not close to signing, says Sullivan, contrary to statements made yesterday by agent Scott Boras.

It could be a good thing that Boras represents him, since he and JD have worked out recent deals.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TUESDAY, 5:38pm: The Cubs joined the Rangers in watching Yoon throw 30 pitches today, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com (via Twitter). He will hold similar, short bullpen sessions for other clubs in the next few days, tweets Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.

Yoon's health remains the major issue for clubs considering Yoon's request for multiple years, Sullivan adds. The South Korean is not close to signing, says Sullivan, contrary to statements made yesterday by agent Scott Boras.

It could be a good thing that Boras represents him, since he and JD have worked out recent deals.

Boras also said yesterday that 4 of his clients were close to signing, including Yoon. I can't believe an agent lied. It always makes me wonder if it's good that he's visiting with teams after us. I'm leaning towards no. I think I'd rather be the last team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad, he fit nicely as a bench player and bat vs lefties. Would have liked Baker over Rosales if those were the options.

Rosales is considered a pretty good defensive middle infielder, and can play all IF positions in a real crunch. Baker is at best a fair defensive player, regardless of position.

Baker's bat is his skill and I love it. But I think had he signed here, we would have still hung onto Rosales.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boras also said yesterday that 4 of his clients were close to signing, including Yoon. I can't believe an agent lied. It always makes me wonder if it's good that he's visiting with teams after us. I'm leaning towards no. I think I'd rather be the last team.

Agents lie. There was also a report that we have been scouting this guy for more than 2 years, we obviously know a significant amount about him. Looks like we just need to know how healthy he is and if he would be able to return to a starting role this year after pitching from the BP last year

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agents lie. There was also a report that we have been scouting this guy for more than 2 years, we obviously know a significant amount about him. Looks like we just need to know how healthy he is and if he would be able to return to a starting role this year after pitching from the BP last year

Yeah, I read that also. If he threw today and we felt like he was healthy, you would think we would have offered him a contract. Who knows, maybe we did.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will hold a press conference tomorrow morning to announce a new naming rights deal for Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, the team announced today. Details of the sponsorship agreement are not known, but clearly the park will see some modification to its current name.

Verizon Ballpark in Arlington?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will hold a press conference tomorrow morning to announce a new naming rights deal for Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, the team announced today. Details of the sponsorship agreement are not known, but clearly the park will see some modification to its current name.

Fucking Terrible, and good God no

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't really care what it's referred to as in the media guide. It's RBiA or tBiA to me.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care what it's referred to as in the media guide. It's RBiA or tBiA to me.

With you there, I never thought of it as Ameriquest when it was named that for awhile

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOOOOOO! Damn we are going to a corporate sponsor… if we have to put up with that they better sign a pitcher and a 5 hole hitter.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOO! Damn we are going to a corporate sponsor… if we have to put up with that they better sign a pitcher and a 5 hole hitter.

I hope they have a shit ton of corporate sponsors. Anything to bring in more revenue and stay competitive.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they have a shit ton of corporate sponsors. Anything to bring in more revenue and stay competitive.

Yeah, I suppose it couldn't hurt and at the end of the day we an still call it whatever we want like you said.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the M's are getting serious about Cruz again and offering a 2 or 3 year deal, maybe 2 with an 3rd year option. Do you you think he takes it or do you think he will just end up signing a 1 year deal somewhere to attempt to get a better offer the following season?

Playing for the M's could really hurt future value. His stats at Safeco already lack a ton of his usual production. In the past 3 season in 86 ABs, he only has had 2 HRS and 4 RBI there with a .198 BA. And only a .250 OBP. He has also SO there more than any other away stadium.

You can compare this to Angel stadium where in the same number of ABs he has 6 HRs, 16 RBI, and a .256 BA.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should note that with the fences in last season, this is when it appears he actually did most of that damage- if you want to call it that: 1 HR, 3 RBI, and a .276 BA.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should note that with the fences in last season, this is when it appears he actually did most of that damage- if you want to call it that: 1 HR, 3 RBI, and a .276 BA.

Give me David Murphy vs King Felix all day. Oh well I think in the end Nellie goes wherever he is offered both years and money. I don't really see a one year deal as some have talked about, based primarily on the draft pick compensation. If I am a team giving up a pick, it would seem as if you'd want more years at a lower AAV to compensate for that. That said if he signs with Seattle we might receive one of the lowest round draft picks of any signing team, as their 1st rounder is protected and their 2nd goes to the Yanks for Cano and the Rangers would get their next pick.