• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had this vision of how Scotty's place looks after a party ... lots of half empty cups of beer ... chip bags torn chips on the counter ... broken taco shells ... congealed cheese dip.
Oh geeze. You must have had a good Monday.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers announced that they've signed right-hander Armando Galarraga to a minor league deal. Galarraga will report to minor league camp but did not receive an invite to Major League Spring Training. The 32-year-old righty is most famous for missing a perfect game by one out after a blown call at first base back in 2010. He split last season between the Triple-A affiliates for Colorado and Cincinnati, posting a 3.64 ERA with 6.2 K/9 and 3.4 BB/9 in 121 innings of work.The Rangers also announced a minor league deal with Taiwanese outfielder Che-Hsuan Lin, but they will be converting the 25-year-old to a pitcher. The former Red Sox prospect has a career .253/.349/.339 batting line in the minors.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers announced that they've signed right-hander Armando Galarraga to a minor league deal. Galarraga will report to minor league camp but did not receive an invite to Major League Spring Training. The 32-year-old righty is most famous for missing a perfect game by one out after a blown call at first base back in 2010. He split last season between the Triple-A affiliates for Colorado and Cincinnati, posting a 3.64 ERA with 6.2 K/9 and 3.4 BB/9 in 121 innings of work.The Rangers also announced a minor league deal with Taiwanese outfielder Che-Hsuan Lin, but they will be converting the 25-year-old to a pitcher. The former Red Sox prospect has a career .253/.349/.339 batting line in the minors.

All kidding aside, these types of moves are fairly exciting to me, due to the absolutely low cost and high reward potential.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HappyFinal.gif

If Feliz and Ogando can really get back to where they once were, this team is the best in the AL

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two don't excite me as much as others. Gallaraga has never put it together, and I know nothing about Lin.

I understand. But I say again.....low cost, high reward. Ogando got his start as a pitcher this way, and Gallaraga may be just the student the Maddux's are looking for. haha

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. But I say again.....low cost, high reward. Ogando got his start as a pitcher this way, and Gallaraga may be just the student the Maddux's are looking for. haha

I know what you are saying but I think of it low cost, low risk. If any reward it would be rather amazing. But you never know when another O'Day may show up.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly earth shattering news, but hey we gotta have something don't we?

The Texas Rangers are big on the minors.

The under-21 crowd, that is.

For the second straight year, an infielder not yet 21 will join the veterans in major league spring training. A year ago it was Jurickson Profar, who turned 20 early in camp. This year, in addition to Profar, who turns 21 on Feb. 20, second base prodigy Rougned Odor will be in camp.

Odor, who turns 20 today, will be in big league camp for the first time. He was selected as the Rangers 2013 Tom Grieve Minor League Player of the Year after combining to hit .305 (156-511) with 41 doubles, 6 triples, 11 home runs, and 78 RBI over 130 games with Myrtle Beach (High-A) and Frisco (AA) last season. He also posted a career-high 32 steals in 2013. His 41 doubles ranked tied for 3rd among all minor league players. Odor was recently selected as the top prospect in the Rangers organization by Baseball America.

The move gives the Rangers 58 players in major league camp for 2014.

In other minor league news, Texas signed Taiwanese native Che-Hsuan Lin to a minor league deal. The 25-year-old will be looking to follow in the footsteps of RHP Alexi Ogando, moving from the outfield to the pitching mound. He spent last season at Triple-A Oklahoma City in the Houston organization, hitting .234 in 121 games. Ogando, who was taken from Oakland in the minor league portion of the Rule 5 draft in 2005, moved from the outfield to the pitching mound upon joining the Rangers.

Also, the Rangers have released RHP Tyler Tufts, a 32nd round pick in the 2008 draft who seemed to top out at Double-A. Tufts, 27, was 3-5 with a 3.34 ERA at Double-A Frisco last year. It was his fourth consecutive season at Double-A. He spent a small portion of 2012 at Triple-A Round Rock, but compiled a 6.30 ERA in 20 innings.

This will be good for Odor. Looking forward to it but then again I am just ready for baseball to start period.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying but I think of it low cost, low risk. If any reward it would be rather amazing. But you never know when another O'Day may show up.

I think what you said is more appropriate. And good pick up on O'Day.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard lately. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be. Great guy to have on the bench, and kills lefties. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Help us out Terps.

For some strange reason, the front office seems determined to give Moreland a lot of ABs this year. The guy has shown no indication that he will reward their faith in him. His last few years have been atrocious, and he usually gets his extra base hits when the game is lopsided in the rangers favor or they are way behind. It's a head scratcher for me, I think they are making a big mistake. Getting Morales would move Rios down to 6, where he's a more natural fit. Who knows? I'm not the GM. I'm prepared to eat crow if Moreland plays well and the lineup produces. Moreland, Soto, Martin, and Profar seems like a weak back end to the line up judging by last years performances.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some strange reason, the front office seems determined to give Moreland a lot of ABs this year. The guy has shown no indication that he will reward their faith in him. His last few years have been atrocious, and he usually gets his extra base hits when the game is lopsided in the rangers favor or they are way behind. It's a head scratcher for me, I think they are making a big mistake. Getting Morales would move Rios down to 6, where he's a more natural fit. Who knows? I'm not the GM. I'm prepared to eat crow if Moreland plays well and the lineup produces. Moreland, Soto, Martin, and Profar seems like a weak back end to the line up judging by last years performances.
:wtf2:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we get it. For the millionth time. We know you don't like Mitch. Move the fuck on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm wondering if you were saying the same thing about Chris Davis before we shipped him to Baltimore. Mitch is going to be a .280/30/100 left handed stick before his career is over. Bank on it

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Cool Armando's back! Remembered from the Frisco 2007 rotation ... Luis Mendoza - Armando Galarraga - Doug Mathis - Eric Hurley - Edinson Volquez ... but for unknown reason Armando was DFA'd to make room for that outstanding offseason FA signing ... Jason (I forgot about much a spare he was) Jennings ... who pitched a huge 27.1IP in 6 games with an 8.56ERA and 0-5 record for TEX before he went on season long DL. Armando was picked up by DET ... rest is history.

I think Jason Botts and Jason Jennings were the first two guys on my hit list. Guess Murphy was last year's project. But it all started with Botts and Jennings. Nice to have Armando back to remind me of all that.