• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexi Ogando strengthening his shoulder
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
Rangers pitcher Alexi Ogando worked on strengthening his shoulder this offseason, according to the Star-Telegram.

Ogando has never made it through the season as a full-time starter. While he's pitched well, he's missed time with various ailments. Ogando said he worked on strengthening his shoulder during the offseason so he could make it through a full year healthy. "Right now, I’m working hard every day," Ogando said. "My shoulder feels perfect. I’ve got no problems."

Gonna need this guy to hold up all year, hope this works for him

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers pitcher Alexi Ogando worked on strengthening his shoulder this offseason, according to the Star-Telegram.

Ogando has never made it through the season as a full-time starter. While he's pitched well, he's missed time with various ailments. Ogando said he worked on strengthening his shoulder during the offseason so he could make it through a full year healthy. "Right now, I’m working hard every day," Ogando said. "My shoulder feels perfect. I’ve got no problems."

That would be a big plus for us if so.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a big plus for us if so.

Another little nugget that could go a long way in helping the club make a deep playoff run.

Neftali Feliz says his arm is 'perfect'
Rangers pitcher Neftali Feliz said his arm is "perfect," according to the Star-Telegram.

Feliz has been pitching in winter ball, and has been quite happy with his performance. "My arm is perfect," Feliz said. "When I threw in winter ball, my command was perfect." He added that he's trying to prepare to be the closer, and wants to take the team to the postseason next year. Feliz was limited after recovering from Tommy John surgery last season. He pitched just 4 2/3 innings in the majors last year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another little nugget that could go a long way in helping the club make a deep playoff run.

Rangers pitcher Neftali Feliz said his arm is "perfect," according to the Star-Telegram.

Feliz has been pitching in winter ball, and has been quite happy with his performance. "My arm is perfect," Feliz said. "When I threw in winter ball, my command was perfect." He added that he's trying to prepare to be the closer, and wants to take the team to the postseason next year. Feliz was limited after recovering from Tommy John surgery last season. He pitched just 4 2/3 innings in the majors last year.

First of all I am glad he has command because before he was more of a thrower and really had no idea where the ball would end up. And it sounds like he may have turned the corner mentally. That was another issue with him in the past. The time off may have helped to mature him some.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is good news! Should make everyone feel a little easier. No guarantee but a darn positive start.:clap:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HappyFinal.gif

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many as five teams are still showing interest in Korean right-hander Suk-Min Yoon, according to a Kwon Sang-Soo of Korean news outlet JoongAng Daily (hat tip: MyKBO.net's Dan Kurtz). According to Sang-Soo, the Orioles are the front-runners to sign Yoon at this point, but the Rangers, Cubs, Twins and Giants have interest as well. The Orioles and Giants reportedly attended a workout held by Yoon at the UC-Irvine campus over the weekend.
The Rangers' interest is a new wrinkle in the Yoon saga, but Sang-Soo cites an official from the Boras Coporation (which represents Yoon) in saying that Texas has scouted Yoon for more than two years. Interest on the Rangers' side picked up after Derek Holland's injury, the official said.

I wondered why I hadn't heard about any interest in him. I believe I mentioned him before Derek got hurt as a depth addition.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many as five teams are still showing interest in Korean right-hander Suk-Min Yoon, according to a Kwon Sang-Soo of Korean news outlet JoongAng Daily (hat tip: MyKBO.net's Dan Kurtz). According to Sang-Soo, the Orioles are the front-runners to sign Yoon at this point, but the Rangers, Cubs, Twins and Giants have interest as well. The Orioles and Giants reportedly attended a workout held by Yoon at the UC-Irvine campus over the weekend.
The Rangers' interest is a new wrinkle in the Yoon saga, but Sang-Soo cites an official from the Boras Coporation (which represents Yoon) in saying that Texas has scouted Yoon for more than two years. Interest on the Rangers' side picked up after Derek Holland's injury, the official said.

I wondered why I hadn't heard about any interest in him. I believe I mentioned him before Derek got hurt as a depth addition.
Stay positive. Could still happen.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. We usually hit him well, if I remember correctly.

If memory serves correctly...it was usually the guy that started the game ahead of him that we would hit well and he would pitch pretty well against us for the next 5 innings or so.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. We usually hit him well, if I remember correctly.
We do and I'm glad we did not get him. Comfortable that we will fair as well without him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year against Williams
2IP 0H 0R
3IP 0H 0R
7.2IP 8H 1R
5.1 6H 5R (1st 4 IP 0R)
5IP 9H 3R (3 runs in the 1st)

Mixed results but he was not easy on us last year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly earth shattering news, but hey we gotta have something don't we?

The Texas Rangers are big on the minors.

The under-21 crowd, that is.

For the second straight year, an infielder not yet 21 will join the veterans in major league spring training. A year ago it was Jurickson Profar, who turned 20 early in camp. This year, in addition to Profar, who turns 21 on Feb. 20, second base prodigy Rougned Odor will be in camp.

Odor, who turns 20 today, will be in big league camp for the first time. He was selected as the Rangers 2013 Tom Grieve Minor League Player of the Year after combining to hit .305 (156-511) with 41 doubles, 6 triples, 11 home runs, and 78 RBI over 130 games with Myrtle Beach (High-A) and Frisco (AA) last season. He also posted a career-high 32 steals in 2013. His 41 doubles ranked tied for 3rd among all minor league players. Odor was recently selected as the top prospect in the Rangers organization by Baseball America.

The move gives the Rangers 58 players in major league camp for 2014.

In other minor league news, Texas signed Taiwanese native Che-Hsuan Lin to a minor league deal. The 25-year-old will be looking to follow in the footsteps of RHP Alexi Ogando, moving from the outfield to the pitching mound. He spent last season at Triple-A Oklahoma City in the Houston organization, hitting .234 in 121 games. Ogando, who was taken from Oakland in the minor league portion of the Rule 5 draft in 2005, moved from the outfield to the pitching mound upon joining the Rangers.

Also, the Rangers have released RHP Tyler Tufts, a 32nd round pick in the 2008 draft who seemed to top out at Double-A. Tufts, 27, was 3-5 with a 3.34 ERA at Double-A Frisco last year. It was his fourth consecutive season at Double-A. He spent a small portion of 2012 at Triple-A Round Rock, but compiled a 6.30 ERA in 20 innings.