• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have over-estimated their value, and having that draft pick attached to them is another nail in their coffin. THe problem is their current teams really don't need them back. We wouldn't mind having Cruz as our DH, but we don't need him.. and the Mariners have essentially replaced Morales. They are both in a bit of a spot if you ask me...

Maybe Cruz should have taken that $14 mill QO.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just looked at seats for Opening Day and it looks as if the cheapest two people can go would be about $250. Anyone know of any better deals than that and are not planning to go? Please message me if you have any info...it would be very much appreciated. I plan to take my dad as a gift for helping me pay for college now that I have my first real job. Sorry if that is too much info. I'm just excited about the opportunity.

Yeah, cheapest I see on stubhub is $112 per ticket (standing room for $96 but thats no good). Thats an awesome thing to do for your dad. Maybe you can find someone with season tickets that can't make it and they will offer you a deal. Also, there has been a time or two I have seen ads for them on craigslist but thats rare and I'm not sure if I would want to go through all that. Good luck though, I hope you find a good deal.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that AJ Burnett has decided to play at least 1 more season and is back on the market.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cheapest I see on stubhub is $112 per ticket (standing room for $96 but thats no good). Thats an awesome thing to do for your dad. Maybe you can find someone with season tickets that can't make it and they will offer you a deal. Also, there has been a time or two I have seen ads for them on craigslist but thats rare and I'm not sure if I would want to go through all that. Good luck though, I hope you find a good deal.

Thanks...I appreciate it. There are a couple ads on Craigslist right now, but they are just referring to their Stubhub listing...haha

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that AJ Burnett has decided to play at least 1 more season and is back on the market.

Wonder what he would cost? hmmmmm That would be a very nice stop-gap til Holland gets back and probably even longer based on his year last year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just looked at seats for Opening Day and it looks as if the cheapest two people can go would be about $250. Anyone know of any better deals than that and are not planning to go? Please message me if you have any info...it would be very much appreciated. I plan to take my dad as a gift for helping me pay for college now that I have my first real job. Sorry if that is too much info. I'm just excited about the opportunity.
Hope you make it. That is very thoughtful in regards to your dad.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers need to make that happen. He's had 2 good years in a row, both over 190 IP.

He could be interesting. For the most part he has pitched just so-so in the AL but eats up the innings and his last 2 seasons were two of his best. But again, they were in the NL.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cheapest way would be to look into a 10-20 game ticket plan IMO.

Then sell the rest during the year. (so it would be like going to Opening Day for free).

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be interesting. For the most part he has pitched just so-so in the AL but eats up the innings and his last 2 seasons were two of his best. But again, they were in the NL.
He needs to stay in the NL - he had good years with the Marlins and Pirates. He didn't do so well in NYY -

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to stay in the NL - he had good years with the Marlins and Pirates. He didn't do so well in NYY -
I totally forgot Burnett pitched 3 years in Toronto and was fairly effective...maybe he's worth a listen...would sure prefer him to Ervin Santana or Ubaldo...and he'd come cheaper.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another cheap option would be Suk-min Yoon (27) who I brought up awhile back. Supposedly he's got some offers and is going to choose soon. They're guessing 2yr/10. He's been a starter and reliever in his career.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted my friend today about baker and he said he was probably gonna sign with an NL team. Now this news is out that Miami and Washington are in on him. That blows me away man. I just don't know how I feel with having Choice and Moreland platoon at DH. Seems like a liability to me. I wish we had just stuck with the original plan of getting Cruz or Morales, which I guess we still might do since the news on them has been particularly quiet as of late. I figured we'd just sign baker because he's cheap, familliar with us, and he's a solid option for the job.

I'm with you on the thought process regarding Baker.

Morales is my choice - pun intended - to be our other half of the DH duo. He is still available isn't he?

Michael Choice should be in AAA, as has been cleared stated by several before me, if he isn't getting everyday AB's with us.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the thought of having another established major leaguer who can be our # 5. And I bet all the crap he went through in NYC has really helped him find some internal peace if you will, and he'd fit quiet nicely in our club house. I may be one of one, but I swear, I'm big on guys who fit into the current locker room.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the thought of having another established major leaguer who can be our # 5. And I bet all the crap he went through in NYC has really helped him find some internal peace if you will, and he'd fit quiet nicely in our club house. I may be one of one, but I swear, I'm big on guys who fit into the current locker room.

I also think locker room chemistry is important.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another cheap option would be Suk-min Yoon (27) who I brought up awhile back. Supposedly he's got some offers and is going to choose soon. They're guessing 2yr/10. He's been a starter and reliever in his career.

I wonder if the Rangers have pursued that at all.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers have pursued that at all.

For me, I hadn't even considered this. But he's young and relatively inexpensive.

I'm not sure I can come up with the down side of at least considering signing him really.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the thought process regarding Baker.

Morales is my choice - pun intended - to be our other half of the DH duo. He is still available isn't he?

Michael Choice should be in AAA, as has been cleared stated by several before me, if he isn't getting everyday AB's with us.

Morales wouldn't be part of any dh duo. He's a pretty good switch hitter. He would be the dh.