• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:: 2014 NHL Draft Thread ::

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to like Tuch. Everything I've read about him sounds appealing. He sounds like a natural born Flyer.:suds:

I wouldn't necessarily mind the pick, but I would rather have a skilled, maybe smaller forward - a guy like Alex Tuch played with Sonny Milano and someone else(I can't remember his name) but the other two guys seemed to do a lot of the work, so my concern is that Alex Tuch's numbers were inflated because of that

I don't want them to get a big guy just because he's a big and whatever - that whole Flyer mentality needs to be shed - if he's a great player you want him but don't get him because he's big, get him because he's skilled

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed
Shot
Heart
Skill
Size
2 way prowess

In that order for me for the flyers first pick this year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed
Shot
Heart
Skill
Size
2 way prowess

In that order for me for the flyers first pick this year.

Agreed, need more speed and guys who can score pure goals, it seems like too many goals come difficult

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people bitched about the Laughton pick but right now he may be a blessing due to his two way play. More of this type of play from the forwards will help the D which is what is needed especially if you want to emulate what the kings are doing. They have a lot of forwards who can play solid D but chip in with a goal when needed that's what put them over the top. Although Doughty didn't hurt the cause....man I can't wait to see those young Flyer dmen make it!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me against picking Tuch. The naysayers have pointed out that Tuch fails to produce when he's not paired with Eichel and Milano. Pass.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me against picking Tuch. The naysayers have pointed out that Tuch fails to produce when he's not paired with Eichel and Milano. Pass.

I agree w/ this.

Honestly I'm praying that Virtanen somehow falls to the flyers, or they can move up to take him. Really want him at this point.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm praying that Virtanen somehow falls to the flyers, or they can move up to take him. Really want him at this point.

Discounting guys projected to go in the top 10, my preference list is (in no particular order):

Dylan Larkin
Brendan Perlini
Ivan Barbashev
Sonny Milano
Adrian Kempe

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@davegisaac: Hextall strongly hints at #Flyers trading up in draft.

@davegisaac: Sounds like #Flyers have talked with other teams already, although that seems early. Hextall says after 10 is a dropoff.

Ehlers? Virtanen? Nylander? Ritchie?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@davegisaac: Hextall strongly hints at #Flyers trading up in draft.

@davegisaac: Sounds like #Flyers have talked with other teams already, although that seems early. Hextall says after 10 is a dropoff.

Ehlers? Virtanen? Nylander? Ritchie?

Interesting. I'd guess Ritchie, Virtanen or Fleury. It's probably cost prohibitive to get into the top 5, and I don't see them trading up for a small winger like Ehlers or Nylander.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BroadStBull: Hextall says there is a "fair chance" Flyers will draft a player who becomes a top-6 forward.

@BroadStBull: Hexy is high on D Anthony DeAngelo, a Sewell, NJ, native expected to go in first round.

@BroadStBull: Hexy gives high grades to Milano, Larkin and Tuch. A couple may be available at No. 17.

The last two tweets go against trading up. All guys that should be around #17

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I'd guess Ritchie, Virtanen or Fleury. It's probably cost prohibitive to get into the top 5, and I don't see them trading up for a small winger like Ehlers or Nylander.

I'd be fine trading up for any projected top 10 player except Fleury. He may be better than some lower ranked defensemen, but he doesn't seem worthy of trading up for.

I hope you're wrong about Ehlers. I'd kill for a super skilled player like him in the pipeline

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine trading up for any projected top 10 player except Fleury. He may be better than some lower ranked defensemen, but he doesn't seem worthy of trading up for.

I hope you're wrong about Ehlers. I'd kill for a super skilled player like him in the pipeline

I agree with all of this - I'm not a big fan of Haydn Fleury, he might be better than most d-men in this draft, but it probably says more to the lack of top d-men in the draft - he's not worth trading up for, not at all

If the Flyers got Nikolaj Ehlers I would be one of the happiest people ever

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this - I'm not a big fan of Haydn Fleury, he might be better than most d-men in this draft, but it probably says more to the lack of top d-men in the draft - he's not worth trading up for, not at all

If the Flyers got Nikolaj Ehlers I would be one of the happiest people ever

It'd be a small duo, but Giroux and Ehlers would be electric

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people bitched about the Laughton pick but right now he may be a blessing due to his two way play. More of this type of play from the forwards will help the D which is what is needed especially if you want to emulate what the kings are doing. They have a lot of forwards who can play solid D but chip in with a goal when needed that's what put them over the top. Although Doughty didn't hurt the cause....man I can't wait to see those young Flyer dmen make it!

It doesn't hurt the Kings to have a guy named Quick back there either.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My comments were based on what Hextall has said - that the Flyers are looking for players with size who can skate. That rules out Ehlers and Nylander. I don't know squat about Fleury, but if the Flyers believe he can be a top pairing d-man I can see them trading up for him. Now, I'm not saying the Flyers wouldn't jump on Ehlers or Nylander at 17, just that I don't see them trading up for one of those guys. Unlike Holmgren I believe Hextall has a plan, and we can look to the Kings to see it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtanen! Do it Hexy!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his stats, he reminds me of Jeff Carter

I'd be perfectly happy with that! The team is missing that piece IMO.

I actually was more upset that Carter got dealt than Richards. Big time minority in that, but I always thought Richards was over-rated a bit.