• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Mock Draft Thread

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some of you know, we're doing an NFL general board mock draft. For those that dont know, each team will be represented by SportsHoopla posters. For the Seahawk's picks, we would like to vote and find some type of consensus before our pick is up. The draft starts tomorrow morning and each team will get an hour. Our first pick is due at 2:59 pm on Thursday. Let's get it rolling and a few hours before the pick we can have have it narrowed down to a small list of players in order of preference.

Also, if harold or another mod could sticky this thread that would be great.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there will be trades for picks.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they will pick ...Ohio State OT Jack Mewhor. He's big at 6'6, but more importantly he has a huge arm length. After all Seattle likes to pick players who are not only big but have special unique traits. Also for linemen I believe Seattle likes to pick players who are versatile and Mewhor played left tackle, right guard He concluded his career with 39 consecutive starts and playing in 49 straight games overall.

As for a player I'm going to be watching to see where he lands would be Jerry Rice Jr. (off topic)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like kelvin benjamin but know we need ol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of tough to do a mock right now considering the combine and FA signing has even started yet.

But I'm always up for mock action, so sure. Is this a full 7 round mock draft, or just 1 or 1-3?

That being said, it's going to be tough to come to some #1 consensus on say our 32nd pick because:

We can all come to agreement on a player to take there, but then they could easily end up taken before we can. We should first come to a choice of say 2-3 players per position and rank each one. Thus we're ready to pull the trigger right when we hit the clock.

I believe the Seahawks glaring needs going into 2014 are:

OG/OT (OT that isn't a defacto projected LT, but one that realistically could play RT for us going forward)
WR (#1 prototype WO with length. A true deep/jump ball threat. 6'2" or taller should be an requirement)
TE
and given the depth of our roster, BPA scenarios.

And those needs work well for us because it appears to be a lot of talent at those positions. I've been starting to work out 1st and 2nd round choices recently anyway. I'll post them soon.

This is the most likely draft order for the Seahawks in 2014 unless some trades happen.

1(32th)
2(64th)
No 3rd via the Percy Harvin deal
4(128th)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they will pick ...Ohio State OT Jack Mewhor. He's big at 6'6, but more importantly he has a huge arm length. After all Seattle likes to pick players who are not only big but have special unique traits. Also for linemen I believe Seattle likes to pick players who are versatile and Mewhor played left tackle, right guard He concluded his career with 39 consecutive starts and playing in 49 straight games overall.

As for a player I'm going to be watching to see where he lands would be Jerry Rice Jr. (off topic)

Mewhor seemed VERY slow, almost like his feet were cinderblocks, in all four games I watched of his this season. He is certainly big, but he doesn't seem like he would be an upgrade at RT if that is where you wanted to plug him in. As a guard, he may be more effective as I don't fear tall interior linemen....(this isn't a joke) but I am not sure if SEA would chance drafting Mewhor to be an OG given Wilson's height.

I see him as being a serviceable swing tackle, slightly above average OG. Your team's 1st rd pick may be a bit early for him IMO.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mewhor seemed VERY slow, almost like his feet were cinderblocks, in all four games I watched of his this season. He is certainly big, but he doesn't seem like he would be an upgrade at RT if that is where you wanted to plug him in. As a guard, he may be more effective as I don't fear tall interior linemen....(this isn't a joke) but I am not sure if SEA would chance drafting Mewhor to be an OG given Wilson's height.

I see him as being a serviceable swing tackle, slightly above average OG. Your team's 1st rd pick may be a bit early for him IMO.

I wasn't sure about that either by the monkey's call because no way would Mewhor be our 1st round pick. Maybe he was making a point that he could be taken in the later rounds. Possibly a 3-4 round kind of guy. He is in no way a 1st round pick for any team this draft.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SonnyCID. Are going to be acting as our GM when the pick is made? I saw that you checked in on the mock draft thread. That's totally cool if you want to be responsible for that or was someone else already anointed for that?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, for our 1st round pick at 32 unless we do some trade thang. I think these are legit targets that would realistically be available in that late 1st/early 2nd area.

Tackles
#1 G/T David Yankey, Stanford
#2 T Cyrus Kousandjio, Alabama (played a lot of LT at Bama but could be a solid NFL RT prospect).
T Antonio Richardson, Tennessee

Guards
#3 G Xavier Su’a-Filo, UCLA
#4a G Tre Jackson, FSU
#4b G Gabe Jackson, Miss St.

WRs
#3a WR Kelvin Benjamin, FSU (Raw talent, but legit #1 type WO and Ht 6’5”. He would take time to develop)
#3b WR Allen Robinson, Penn St. (6’3”. Nice polished playmaker)

TEs

#3a TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech (Hybrid WR/TE. Put up huge numbers at TT. Would have been a Mackey award nominee, but lined up as a WR too much for them to include him. If we’re looking at a 1st round draft scenario, I think with teams like N.E. picking before us and desperate for TE help, he’ll be gone by 32nd pick comes around, but just in case he’s available…).
#3b TE ASJ, Washington (Would be a great fit for Seahawks, but the DUI 1 game suspension and broken finger reduced his playing time in 2013 so his numbers were down. Still won the Mackey based on body of work. Not a homer pick. ASJ would be absolutely filthy on this team.)

Gonna throw these in because there is some questions at Dline considering the FA and contracts situation.
DE/DT Ra’Shede Hageman, Minnesota
DE/DT Stephon Tuitt, ND
DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.

I would have to say that if Yankey is available, that would probably be my top choice for our pick. Instant upgrade at RG and potential RT. If he's not available, #2 T Cyrus Kousandjio, and then anyone from the #3s from who is still on the board from the other categories would be next my choices. Then the #4s.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops.

#3 T Antonio Richardson, Tennessee

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of tough to do a mock right now considering the combine and FA signing has even started yet.

But I'm always up for mock action, so sure. Is this a full 7 round mock draft, or just 1 or 1-3?

That being said, it's going to be tough to come to some #1 consensus on say our 32nd pick because:

We can all come to agreement on a player to take there, but then they could easily end up taken before we can. We should first come to a choice of say 2-3 players per position and rank each one. Thus we're ready to pull the trigger right when we hit the clock.

I believe the Seahawks glaring needs going into 2014 are:

OG/OT (OT that isn't a defacto projected LT, but one that realistically could play RT for us going forward)
WR (#1 prototype WO with length. A true deep/jump ball threat. 6'2" or taller should be an requirement)
TE
and given the depth of our roster, BPA scenarios.

And those needs work well for us because it appears to be a lot of talent at those positions. I've been starting to work out 1st and 2nd round choices recently anyway. I'll post them soon.

This is the most likely draft order for the Seahawks in 2014 unless some trades happen.

1(32th)
2(64th)
No 3rd via the Percy Harvin deal
4(128th)

It would be a little better if this was after the combine and free agency but its going to take so long that if we waited until then, the real draft would be over before we finished.

We will need to follow along with the gen board and who is available. And like you said, have a few players in order of preference to choose from.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SonnyCID. Are going to be acting as our GM when the pick is made? I saw that you checked in on the mock draft thread. That's totally cool if you want to be responsible for that or was someone else already anointed for that?

Both harold and I showed interest in it so both of us were in place to do it. But some other teams needed GMs, so harold offered to draft for TB and let me make picks for the Hawks. Now, I would like to have a couple more Seahawks posters that could help follow along and make the pick if I'm not online.

Now, we know when our picks are coming up days in advance so this shouldnt be problem. But like you said in the other post, by the time that our pick is up we should have a short list of available guys, so by then anyone following along would be able to pick if I was out of the office or on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, for our 1st round pick at 32 unless we do some trade thang. I think these are legit targets that would realistically be available in that late 1st/early 2nd area.

Tackles
#2 T Cyrus Kousandjio, Alabama (played a lot of LT at Bama but could be a solid NFL RT prospect).

Guards
#4a G Tre Jackson, FSU

WRs
#3a WR Kelvin Benjamin, FSU (Raw talent, but legit #1 type WO and Ht 6’5”. He would take time to develop)

TEs

#3a TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech (Hybrid WR/TE. Put up huge numbers at TT. Would have been a Mackey award nominee, but lined up as a WR too much for them to include him. If we’re looking at a 1st round draft scenario, I think with teams like N.E. picking before us and desperate for TE help, he’ll be gone by 32nd pick comes around, but just in case he’s available…).
#3b TE ASJ, Washington (Would be a great fit for Seahawks, but the DUI 1 game suspension and broken finger reduced his playing time in 2013 so his numbers were down. Still won the Mackey based on body of work. Not a homer pick. ASJ would be absolutely filthy on this team.)

Gonna throw these in because there is some questions at Dline considering the FA and contracts situation.
DE/DT Ra’Shede Hageman, Minnesota
DE/DT Stephon Tuitt, ND
DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.

I would have to say that if Yankey is available, that would probably be my top choice for our pick. Instant upgrade at RG and potential RT. If he's not available, #2 T Cyrus Kousandjio, and then anyone from the #3s from who is still on the board from the other categories would be next my choices. Then the #4s.

I like where you're going with your o-linemen. It seems that PCJS like 3-4 year starters from very run committed programs. Another guy that fits this standard would be La'el Collins (LSU). A 3 year starter, even though he's only 20 that played LG and LT.

I also think that they could be looking at pass rushers early in the draft. I really hope that they hold on to Bennett. But I'm going to assume that they dont because of all the FAs he would have the most value on the market. They would still have some edge rush, but the interior rush and versatility that he brings would be a major loss. Kory Ealy (Mizzou) is a bit of a tweener that could be worth an early pick to replace him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Kony

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tackles

Guards
#4a G Tre Jackson, FSU

WRs

TEs

I've been thinking the same thing about Yankey and Kousandjio. I would really like to see them go with linemen, but I also want them to steer clear of another Carpenter type player. I also really like Su’a-Filo there as well. I don't mind taking Benjamin, though if we don't go WR in the first, maybe take Martavis Bryant out of Clemson (tall, fast and raw) in the second.

Nothing against ASJ, but unless it's positive that Miller isn't coming back I'm not sure TE is that high a priority. Granted he could be BPA, but I'd assume that wouldn't be a sure thing unless he drops to Seattle in the second (which would be a pipe dream). I wouldn't be overly surprised if PC/JS decide to do something like this because of Michael last year, and I haven't gotten a Seahawk first round pick correct since Okung/Thomas.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those three Olineman should be consensus picks given the circumstances. We're taking this guy on Thursday and we don't have a combine or what happened in FA to adjust things. It's a very deep draft for Oline and WR this year. Oline needs to be beefed up. I think it's still our #1 crit need this offseason, and there is still some talent at WR that could be taken with our 2nd.

Bennett could be gone, but he may not as well. No matter what happens in FA, Oline needs a lot of love.

If anyone has other ideas for the first, speak up.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kony is already off the draft board. He was taken today by the Giants with 12th pick. So far with Oline, OTs Matthews, Robinson, and Lewan have been taken by top15 and that was to be expected.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pace of the mock draft speed up a lot today. The Saints just picked at 27th so only 5 more to go.

Players from my original list that were taken:

Jace Amaro - Packers
Allen Robinson - Chiefs
Stephon Tuitt - Cards

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got some suggestion, didn't do enough research, for lack of time , but with minimal research I come up with;

Antonio Richardson, Tennessee 6'6 332 ROT

David Yankey , Stanford, 6'5 312 OG not sure if Seahawks want to use a first on a OG, but they do need one.

A Seferian-Jenkins Washington, 6-6 266 TE

Ego Ferguson LSU 6'3 308 DT