• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Mock Draft Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 2nd round - Hope I got all this right........

#1a OT Jack Mewhort, tOSU. One of the better 2nd round talent OT’s out there. Could be great fit at RT for Seahawks, but tough odds he’ll still be there when we pick at 64.

#1b DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St. High motor guy that Seahawks covet. But needs to work on his acceleration to tackle ball-carriers from behind.

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas. Was a tackle machine for most of this Texas career, but needs work on his after contact game and his hand moves for the DE spot.

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford. Didn’t have an impressive Senior Bowl performance. Would have to add some more girth to his frame to be able to become a dedicated NFL DE.

WR Paul Richardson, Colorado – 6’2”. Would be solid addition to the WR corps, especially if we don’t resign Golden Tate.

#2a WR Jordan Matthews, Vandy – 6’3”. Runs solid routes and good hands. Dependable at moving the chains. Speed is a concern.

#2bDE/OLB Carl Bradford, ASU. Considered one of the top athletes this year in CFB. Was a fullback in H.S. and brings a lot of that toughness to the game. Most likely would play more OLB, then DE in the NFL.

DE/OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech. Big games against tough competition. Great speed, but like Carl Bradford, will play more OLB, then DE in the NFL.

TE Troy Niklas, ND. 6’6”. Athletic ability and very good blocker.

So far the four I highlighted are gone.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like others felt the same way you did about your WR picks.

Yeah, I know. I was really bummed about Bryant. I thought he could have possibly not gone until the 3rd and that without a third he was worth the reach to take him a round early, but obviously there are others who thought he was worth an early to mid second.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Trent Murphy at 56 is ridiculous value. He's about as sure a thing as you're going to find if you want a good 4-3 DE. And it's especially good value considering how weak this DE draft is. Outside of Clowney, Ealy & Murphy there isn't much IMO.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Murphy at 56 is ridiculous value. He's about as sure a thing as you're going to find if you want a good 4-3 DE. And it's especially good value considering how weak this DE draft is. Outside of Clowney, Ealy & Murphy there isn't much IMO.

It's why doing a mock before the combine and FA gets mainly settled is such a challenge. Your teams needs can change drastically over those 1-2 months and you still need the combine data to merge with the game tape to really get an overall picture of what the value can be.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Seahawks pick is due. I PMed Sonny, if he doesn't make a pick, I guess I will for him. Guys who should it be?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, Sonny is on it! I'm looking forward to his choice.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was La'el Collins. I liked him in the first and he was still available. He's big, dependable and versatile.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good pick. Here's what Walter Football had to say about him.

WalterFootball.com: 2014 NFL Draft: Offensive Tackle Rankings

"
LSU_logo.gif
La'el Collins*, G/OT, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 321.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Projected Round (2014): 1-2.

1/6/14: Collins played left tackle for the Tigers and was extremely impressive in 2013. Quarterback Zach Mettenberger was protected extremely well by Collins, and the big lineman did well in run defense. Collins played well against Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Iowa.

8/8/13: Collins was an impressive power run-blocker in 2012 and helped the Tigers' stable of backs move the ball. He started 13 games at left guard and was an honorable mention All-SEC Selection. Collins has some road-grading potential but needs to improve his pass protection as a junior."

I like hearing he can pass block also.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh wow I didn't even realize La'el Collins was in this draft. I thought he went back to school.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Seahawks fans La'el Collins went back to school. Sorry to burst your bubble.

OT La'el Collins to return for senior season at LSU - CBSSports.com

Uhhhh ohhhh. :gaah:

Well that can happen when you got pre combine drafts going on. They are planning another one post combine/FA gets started, and you'll be able to assign one or two assistant GMs to make picks if the primary GM is away at the time you go on the clock + create a defacto final list to be shared amongst them for each pick. By then, lots of the fog will clear and the mock will go a lot smoother.

Well Sonny. I guess it's time to...... :drink:

But maybe you can ask them to still make a different pick. It's still early in the 3rd round and some teams have been skipped over for not making a pick.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft guy says you can take any player available as replacement immediately. Go for it GM.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh ohhhh. :gaah:

Well that can happen when you got pre combine drafts going on. They are planning another one post combine/FA gets started, and you'll be able to assign one or two assistant GMs to make picks if the primary GM is away at the time you go on the clock + create a defacto final list to be shared amongst them for each pick. By then, lots of the fog will clear and the mock will go a lot smoother.

Well Sonny. I guess it's time to...... :drink:

But maybe you can ask them to still make a different pick. It's still early in the 3rd round and some teams have been skipped over for not making a pick.

I changed it to Jared Abbrederis.

I'm glad they plan on doing another one after the draft and free agency dust settles. It'll go smoother and we'll have a better idea of guys and needs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed it to Jared Abbrederis.

I'm glad they plan on doing another one after the draft and free agency dust settles. It'll go smoother and we'll have a better idea of guys and needs.

Nice. Big10 all American. Put up impressive WR yds considering how much they run the ball, and gets serious yds on kick returns.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, looks like they are now in the 4th round, so here's my list (granted there are still a lot of picks to go)

Trevor Reilly, OLB Utah/Telvin Smith OLB FSU - both these guys were on my targets for the second round, and I'll tell you I'm surprised they both lasted this long. If either of them makes it through the round, it could be a good idea to pick them up.

Will Sutton, DT Arizona State - The Hawks have good depth at DT, but 2 of their rotation guys are free agents, and there's very little experience from last years class.

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa - 6'6" 262. He's a good blocker and a good receiver, should be able to be a solid addition to the TE group.

Kareem Martin, DE North Carolina - I can envision the Seahawks trying to make him into a Michael Bennett type DE.

Will Clarke, DE West Virginia - Another guy I see the Sehawks getting to make into a Bennett tye DE. He's not quite as fast as Martin, but he's got really long arms and uses them to keep tackles from grabbing onto him.

Ahmad Dixon, SS Baylor - I know the Hawks have both their starting safeties, but I believe both the back ups are up for free agency. Dixon has really good speed, loves to hit and plays the whole field. Needs some coaching, but he should be a good fit with the DBs on the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd let you know that Kareem Martin is on my list for TB so if I pick him him it's not because you listed him here.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd let you know that Kareem Martin is on my list for TB so if I pick him him it's not because you listed him here.

It's ok, I won't think poorly of you for it. Besides, it's always nice to think that other people have similar opinions, cause otherwise I'd think I was the only one who liked my guys.

I was also gonna add Billy Turner, but just didn't. Just checked back in and it appears he went with the first pick of the fourth.