• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Mock Draft Thread

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Yankey is the pick.

628x471.jpg

628x471.jpg

Andrus%2BPeat%2BPac%2B12%2BChampionship%2BStanford%2Bv%2BUbsuBEYWQdFl.jpg

#54. A guard long and athletic to be used in kick blocking situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick, he should be a good guard and address the spot the Seahawks needed help with the most. Upgrade over who we have and at less money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for more input from others.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so now for the second round guys, in no particular order.

Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State - I'm happy with the Yankey selection, but let's shore up the line with another lineman, and Mewhort projects as a solid RT. He most likely won't ever be a star (RTs rarely are) but he should provide a good replacement for Giac.

Jordan Matthews, WR Vandebilt - Big WR who caught 112 passes this past season. He can get open, and uses his large body to get to the ball. Being Jerry Rice's cousin couldn't hurt either.

Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson - 6'5" with blazing speed, he's a little raw and has some hands issues, but is very athletic. Could be a deadly weapon for the team with a little seasoning.

Marcus Smith, DE Louisville - If the team lets Clemons go and Bennett walks, the team will need someone to come in and play DE. He's a little bit of a tweener, but that's the kind of guy that Carroll likes in that spot that Clemons has been playing.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Texas - Another guy to fill in as a pass rusher/Clemons replacement. He's got good quickness, but needs to develop some more on technique. Son of Jim Jeffcoat (Cowboys/Bills) and there is supposed to be a lot of upside to him.

Trevor Reilly, OLB Utah - I was surprised that Kyle Van Noy went so early (though I still don't expect him there at 64), and I really wanted him. Reilly isn't as good as Van Noy, but he's a pretty good linebacker. He's more instinctual that athletic, which may or may not help him with PC/JS, but he makes plays. He's a bit bigger than our usual LB, but if Clemons and Bennett walk, there may be a move for Irvin to go back to DE, and Reilly could come in and push Smith for the starting LB spot.

Telvin Smith, OLB Florida State - He fits much more neatly in the type of LB that the Seahawks have gone after the last few years. He's a bit small, but very athletic and can play with great speed.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington - If he's still there at #64, I doubt there is gonna need to be a lot of prodding to go with him. I don't think I need to go into a review of his skills, as I'm sure that nearly every person on here knows more about him than I do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so now for the second round guys, in no particular order.

Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State - I'm happy with the Yankey selection, but let's shore up the line with another lineman, and Mewhort projects as a solid RT. He most likely won't ever be a star (RTs rarely are) but he should provide a good replacement for Giac.

Jordan Matthews, WR Vandebilt - Big WR who caught 112 passes this past season. He can get open, and uses his large body to get to the ball. Being Jerry Rice's cousin couldn't hurt either.

Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson - 6'5" with blazing speed, he's a little raw and has some hands issues, but is very athletic. Could be a deadly weapon for the team with a little seasoning.

Marcus Smith, DE Louisville - If the team lets Clemons go and Bennett walks, the team will need someone to come in and play DE. He's a little bit of a tweener, but that's the kind of guy that Carroll likes in that spot that Clemons has been playing.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Texas - Another guy to fill in as a pass rusher/Clemons replacement. He's got good quickness, but needs to develop some more on technique. Son of Jim Jeffcoat (Cowboys/Bills) and there is supposed to be a lot of upside to him.

Trevor Reilly, OLB Utah - I was surprised that Kyle Van Noy went so early (though I still don't expect him there at 64), and I really wanted him. Reilly isn't as good as Van Noy, but he's a pretty good linebacker. He's more instinctual that athletic, which may or may not help him with PC/JS, but he makes plays. He's a bit bigger than our usual LB, but if Clemons and Bennett walk, there may be a move for Irvin to go back to DE, and Reilly could come in and push Smith for the starting LB spot.

Telvin Smith, OLB Florida State - He fits much more neatly in the type of LB that the Seahawks have gone after the last few years. He's a bit small, but very athletic and can play with great speed.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington - If he's still there at #64, I doubt there is gonna need to be a lot of prodding to go with him. I don't think I need to go into a review of his skills, as I'm sure that nearly every person on here knows more about him than I do.

TB took him with the 38th pick.:rollseyes:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankey really solid pick right there and not a reach at 32 since he can play guard really well and fill in at RT at times. Groomed with outstanding disciplined coaching at Stanford. Odds are great he could be a starter on that line for years.

Instant upgrade to the Oline.

Will post a 2nd round ideas in a bit.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB took him with the 38th pick.:rollseyes:

Think Tampa fans are forgetting who their new coach is. Lovie Smith doesn't usually start taking any offensive players till round 4 or later in any given draft...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Tampa fans are forgetting who their new coach is. Lovie Smith doesn't usually start taking any offensive players till round 4 or later in any given draft...

Yeah, but the new GM (me) figures Lovie will fix the defense, but always had a hard time getting the offense going, so I'm giving him a hand.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the new GM (me) figures Lovie will fix the defense, but always had a hard time getting the offense going, so I'm giving him a hand.

Good call. But good luck getting Lovie onboard with that. The guy would just draft and FA D players every year unless you got a GM with a backbone.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. But good luck getting Lovie onboard with that. The guy would just draft and FA D players every year unless you got a GM with a backbone.

Yeah he would and that was his downfall. Don't know much about TB actual GM, but hopefully he's in charge and has a little forsight.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 2nd round - Hope I got all this right........

#1a OT Jack Mewhort, tOSU. One of the better 2nd round talent OT’s out there. Could be great fit at RT for Seahawks, but tough odds he’ll still be there when we pick at 64.

#1b DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St. High motor guy that Seahawks covet. But needs to work on his acceleration to tackle ball-carriers from behind.

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas. Was a tackle machine for most of this Texas career, but needs work on his after contact game and his hand moves for the DE spot.

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford. Didn’t have an impressive Senior Bowl performance. Would have to add some more girth to his frame to be able to become a dedicated NFL DE.

WR Paul Richardson, Colorado – 6’2”. Would be solid addition to the WR corps, especially if we don’t resign Golden Tate.

#2a WR Jordan Matthews, Vandy – 6’3”. Runs solid routes and good hands. Dependable at moving the chains. Speed is a concern.

#2b DE/OLB Carl Bradford, ASU. Considered one of the top athletes this year in CFB. Was a fullback in H.S. and brings a lot of that toughness to the game. Most likely would play more OLB, then DE in the NFL.

DE/OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech. Big games against tough competition. Great speed, but like Carl Bradford, will play more OLB, then DE in the NFL.

TE Troy Niklas, ND. 6’6”. Athletic ability and very good blocker.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Matthews was taken by Detriot with the 45th.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another WR worth considering is Brandon Coleman, Rugers 6'5 220

#15 Brandon Coleman (WR, Rutgers)
Coleman has the size and athletic potential to be big time. But he’s not the finished product and needs to convince teams he has the desire to max out his talent

This is from one of the draft blogs that I like.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've gotta take a hard stance against the David Yankey supporters. He's one of the most overrated OL I've seen in years IMO. Serious lower body strength issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me NinerSickness, why aren't you in this mock draft on SportsHoopla? Seems like it would be right up your alley.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So tell me NinerSickness, why aren't you in this mock draft on SportsHoopla? Seems like it would be right up your alley.

I think it would've been a little bit of draft overload for me. My picks would just be reiterating things I've said on the Niners' board twelve different ways already.

Oh look: NinerSickness picked Donte Moncrief in the 3rd round. Didn't see that one coming.

He took Dominique Easley too. No way. I figured he made a gif of that guy doing the gator roll because he thought he sucked.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut Zach Miller we should definitely look into drafting Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 1st round. He has the physical tools of Jerramy Stevens with hopefully less off-the-field issues.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut Zach Miller we should definitely look into drafting Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 1st round. He has the physical tools of Jerramy Stevens with hopefully less off-the-field issues.

Well, if we cut Miller to draft a first round TE, then that TE is going to most likely need to stay in and block as much as Miller did cause this line is in desperate need of help and you can't just expect it to come from nowhere.

On another note, now both WRs I wanted in the second are gone, didn't even last to within 10 spots of the pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we cut Miller to draft a first round TE, then that TE is going to most likely need to stay in and block as much as Miller did cause this line is in desperate need of help and you can't just expect it to come from nowhere.

On another note, now both WRs I wanted in the second are gone, didn't even last to within 10 spots of the pick.

Looks like others felt the same way you did about your WR picks.