• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Heisman Trophy Race thread

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind lending me your crystal ball? The powerball's getting pretty high.

Wait...Oregon doesn't have any :pout:

Hey, lil ol Oregon just got a Rose Bowl for the first time in a 100 years for Pete's sake... who is talking about a NC. Not me.

No need to duck (no pun) the reality of Nebraksa and the b1g.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, lil ol Oregon just got a Rose Bowl for the first time in a 100 years, who is talking about a NC. Not me.

No need to duck (no pun) the reality of Nebraksa and the b1g.

I'm not ducking reality, but also, we've played 2 weeks. It just seems like there have been a LOT of definitive statements about the B1G lately...they will NOT get into the playoff, they will NOT have a Heisman winner, etc. Both of those things are definitely possible, but at this point, it's still week three. Hell, about the Georgia-Nebraska discussion, how many September national titles has Georgia won over the years? All I'm saying is that it's still early, and in college football, anything can (and often does) happen.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper, Marcus Mariota, Kenny Hill and James Connor

My picks.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ducking reality, but also, we've played 2 weeks. It just seems like there have been a LOT of definitive statements about the B1G lately...they will NOT get into the playoff, they will NOT have a Heisman winner, etc. Both of those things are definitely possible, but at this point, it's still week three. Hell, about the Georgia-Nebraska discussion, how many September national titles has Georgia won over the years? All I'm saying is that it's still early, and in college football, anything can (and often does) happen.
Utter nonsense ... everyone knows our pre-season NCs end in August! :L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya. Then Reality hits you like a brick. Surprised it hasn't yet.

Nebraska can barely beat McNeese. I don't care what week it is.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G as a whole looks pretty bad so far this year.

They went 2-2 against the MAC last week and one of those wins was an Iowa comeback over Ball St.

I don't think the B1G gets a Heisman finalist or a team in the playoff.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah but we're 2-0. We take care of business the rest of the way, no one will remember what the score to that game was. That's what I've been saying this whole time...I'm gonna let things play out before declaring anything. "Reality" at this point is that Nebraska is 2-0. That will change, and none of us know for certain how.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G as a whole looks pretty bad so far this year.

They went 2-2 against the MAC last week and one of those wins was an Iowa comeback over Ball St.

I don't think the B1G gets a Heisman finalist or a team in the playoff.

See, this I have no problem with. It's a valid statement.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah but we're 2-0. We take care of business the rest of the way, no one will remember what the score to that game was. That's what I've been saying this whole time...I'm gonna let things play out before declaring anything. "Reality" at this point is that Nebraska is 2-0. That will change, and none of us know for certain how.

Keep believing. Nothing wrong with that. Lots of 2-0 teams still have a chance...

See, this I have no problem with. It's a valid statement.

Ok, in the future I will remember to include an IMO after every opinion I express on SportsHoopla to not rustle the jimmies.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is B1G's only hope and that is a long shot IMO.

Abdullah is amazing, but I don't see enough Nebraska hype to draw attn. fair or not that is the reality.

Wait! My 1st post in thread I did use imo

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Year RG3 won, Baylor won by a TD over a Mizzou team that finished the season 7-5 (8-5 with bowl win). They went into OT and won by 1 vs a Kansas team that won 2 games that year.

1 bad game does not make the player any less worthy. Abdullah stayed consistent last year when Nebraska was down to their 3rd string QB and lost 5 OL. I understand Gurley over Abdullah, but not Gordon over Abdullah.

I will agree that Abdullah is the ONLY B1G with a realistic shot at Heisman, but I think Mariota will break that "preseason leaders don't win it" philosophy.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year RG3 won, Baylor won by a TD over a Mizzou team that finished the season 7-5 (8-5 with bowl win). They went into OT and won by 1 vs a Kansas team that won 2 games that year.
Ya, mentioned rg3 as exception earlier.

1 bad game does not make the player any less worthy. Abdullah stayed consistent last year when Nebraska was down to their 3rd string QB and lost 5 OL. I understand Gurley over Abdullah, but not Gordon over Abdullah.

One game doesn't matter? Tell that to Mariota. He didn't even get an invite.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought we were talking about the 2014 Heisman.

Revisionalists history?

Incredible really.

The amount of shit you talk for a team that hasn't done much of anything on the national scale is fucking amazing.

So, if the Big 10 sucks so bad, then why is the mighty Pac 12 only 11-10 against them the past 5 years while also being 2-2 in the Rose Bowl?

Your incessant and constant berating of the Big 10 is confusing and comical at the same time. Why is it so important to you?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, mentioned rg3 as exception earlier.

One game doesn't matter? Tell that to Mariota. He didn't even get an invite.

Week 13 and 14

Loss to Arizona (who lost the previous 2 weeks and the following week to end the season) - Mariota had incredible game despite 2 int. But Abdullah has great games when team struggles in week 2.

Beat Oregon State by 1 (OSU lost the 4 previous games) - although Mariota had an incredible game but you were making the team point

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I think Taysom Hill is the best QB born in Idaho right now.

I think it's Mariota's to lose. It was his to lose last year pre-injury, followed by Gurley, Winston, etc. I wouldn't be shocked if Buck Allen started getting some attention if he and USC keep rolling. I don't know how a USC running back is missed and nationally underrated, but he's really good. Big, fairly fast, can catch, physical.

Last edited by a moderator: