• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - 15 College / Eagles Draft Talk

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a CB this year which I would love to have in the late 1st. I'd rather have a kid like Wake's Kevin Johnson in Rd 3. I haven't decided yet what position I want in Rd 1, I do like a few OLinemen which most don't want to hear about :)

Rey, I think this is the year the Eagles will look to spend a high draft choice on a good o lineman. Give us some names in the top three rounds. I'm looking for a tackle guard type. Maybe one that scouts question can play LT but could play RT in a pinch and would be a great guard.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, I think this is the year the Eagles will look to spend a high draft choice on a good o lineman. Give us some names in the top three rounds. I'm looking for a tackle guard type. Maybe one that scouts question can play LT but could play RT in a pinch and would be a great guard.

LSU's La'el Collins is a guy you may want to pull up some clips on if you can find any. Powerful player who can play all over the Line. To me he's better as a Guard, but he played mostly LT. Good quickness too for his size.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedric Ogbuehi T/G Texas A&M that dudes gonna be awesome .....exactly the type O-linemen Chip loves.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real nice looking Small school CB is Cam Thomas from Western Kentucky...watched a bunch of tape on him tonight the kid is long, 6ft1 long arms, he looks athletic as hell. I love the way he plays so confident like almost cocky when ya watch his body language. He is very physical which I love and shows damn good speed along with a smooth back pedal. Keep an eye on this kid.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real nice looking Small school CB is Cam Thomas from Western Kentucky...watched a bunch of tape on him tonight the kid is long, 6ft1 long arms, he looks athletic as hell. I love the way he plays so confident like almost cocky when ya watch his body language. He is very physical which I love and shows damn good speed along with a smooth back pedal. Keep an eye on this kid.

:agree: Right now he looks like a mid-round prospect, but the combine will tell us more. Like his size a lot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like the kind of kid who will skyrocket after all star games, like DRC and others before him.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like Blake Sims as a mid round QB option? Played pretty well this year, good arm and wheels.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Bama game ... Nose Tackle A'Shawn Robinson is just a beast. Plays the same every time I watch Bama'. He'll be a top 5 Pick imo next year when he's eligible.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State WR Devin Smith is the type of later round pick (5th or 6th Rd) which I'd love to add. Would bring the HR element kind of like a Kenny Stills for the Saints.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes completely dominating Wisconsin and Gordon. Very surprised they're shutting the Badgers down so much.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now, if we get the obvious holes filled in FA, and take the BPA, we might draft the BGA (best Guard available) in the 1st round. Or, draft Sammie Coates (Aub.) in the 1st, and the BGA in the 2nd.

Obvious holes are (2) CB's; and 1 safety. My thinking is that with good CB's, and safeties, the rest of the D is real good. We still need to give whoever the QB will be, another target to go along with Maclin and Matthews.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Hardy WR from East Carolina reminds me of ODB....Kids got sick hands and some Jets! Love the way he can go up and highpoingt the ball, and he does it so effortlessly.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to trade our entire draft for Marcus Mariota ... the problem is that it may not be enough as so many teams atop the draft will be looking at QB as well. The reasons I would do that trade up are several; he is the blueprint for Chip's system. Excellent arm and mobility ... but that's only the beginning, he is extremely smart back there and sees what the Defenses are doing. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does from the pocket ... he is far from your typical running QB's. He goes though his progressions, can throw on the run and is decisive when he does finally decide to take off. Then of course you have the fact that he already played for Chip and would be a very easy transition to the pros.

I am sick and tired of not having a top notch QB! Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez ... enough already! We have a great, young Offensive mind ... let's get him his guy for the next 8-10 years. Be creative in free agency to fill voids ... sure we will take a hit with future depth, but you can't win in today's NFL without a top notch QB who fits what you want to do.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey - First off the Bucs and the jets draft at the top and both of them needs a QB....so I think we can kiss Mariota goodbye. Had the Raiders stayed the course and got the first overall pick then maybe we had a slim chance....but any trade would have started by us giving 2 first round picks a 2nd rd pick and possibly a player such as Vinny Curry just to get a team to listen.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey - First off the Bucs and the jets draft at the top and both of them needs a QB....so I think we can kiss Mariota goodbye. Had the Raiders stayed the course and got the first overall pick then maybe we had a slim chance....but any trade would have started by us giving 2 first round picks a 2nd rd pick and possibly a player such as Vinny Curry just to get a team to listen.

The thing with the Jets and the Bucs is that neither run the type of Offense that Mariota is tailor made for. Lovie Smith down here in Tampa is your old school type coach who will prefer to use high picks to improve the OL (which Tampa desperately needs). Even if he were to go QB, I think he would take Winston over Mariota.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and if they think Mariota is nothing more than a "system" qb then perhaps he will fall in the draft. I just think we would have to give so, so much to move up there to get him, and look how that worked out for the Redskins, and they didn't have to go near that high. I agree Mariota is probably the perfect QB to run Chips offense, him or the guy we just played. I wonder if Chip wishes he would have just selected Johnny Football.

We have so many parts on defense to fill, and clearly another WR and an OG. I just hate to give up a chance to fill those spots.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not the trade the farm for the QB type ... but I think the Chip/Mariotta combo can be something special. It's a QB driven league and when you get the perfect fit like I think Mariota is for this Offense I'd be willing to do whatever is needed to get him here. The move didn't work for the Skins, but RG3 turned out to be an ego maniac who throws people under the bus and isn't willing to put in the extra work needed to fine tune his craft. Mariota is the complete opposite of that ... the dude is all about his team almost to a fault.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not the trade the farm for the QB type ... but I think the Chip/Mariotta combo can be something special. It's a QB driven league and when you get the perfect fit like I think Mariota is for this Offense I'd be willing to do whatever is needed to get him here. The move didn't work for the Skins, but RG3 turned out to be an ego maniac who throws people under the bus and isn't willing to put in the extra work needed to fine tune his craft. Mariota is the complete opposite of that ... the dude is all about his team almost to a fault.
Well, if we have to give up 2 #1's and a #2 we better hit on all our other picks and do well in free agency or we will sink like a rock.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we have to give up 2 #1's and a #2 we better hit on all our other picks and do well in free agency or we will sink like a rock.

I think's it's worth the risk ... we've already seen what happens with mediocre QB's when we go up against the better teams. Without that QB who fits like a glove in your system it caps your chances of success in today's NFL. As good as Seattle's Defense is ... you put Mark Sanchez behind Center as opposed to Russell Wilson and they're a totally different team. Gone are the days where you can win titles with Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer ... with today's rules stacked against the D's you have to do everything in your power to get the top notch QB to take advantage of how the rules have changed. Until you have that you can spend all the draft picks you want on other positions, but the chances of being the last team standing will remain slim.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings...if Chip drafted Johnny, then how could he have gotten Marcus Smith - LOL.
Both you guys make good points, and I would take the gamble also. At the time, i wanted Reid to do the RG3 trade. thanks God he didn't! However, we'd have to give up even more than 2 #1s + a #2 to move up from the high 20's to get one of the top 5 picks. the Skins gave up 3 #1's (including their own) + other picks to move up from the 6th pick to #2. We're probably talking at least that much and more. Also, the Skins would probably draft Mariota or Winston, (and I think it would be Mariota, who is a good citizen, not another flake like Winston is ala RG3. Besides, there are other teams much lower than the Eagles that would have a better deal than the Birds, that also need a QB. I hope we can get it done, because like Rey said...we can't win a SB without a top QB. We'd have a better shot at trading for Kap than getting Mariota. We'll see, because we do have 5 months to get it done!