• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - 15 College / Eagles Draft Talk

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters should be available to us, and maybe PJ Williams. We'll see how Williams does v.s Mariota.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip should hire Oregons D Coordinator...:) I love their style of defense.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Chip has more power to select picks ... you guys may want to tune in to the UCLA / Kansas State game on right now. UCLA QB Brett Hundley could easily be the Eagles first Rd pick with Mariota likely gone to Tampa at one.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in this game is WR Tyler Locket ... a few of us have been talking him up since last year. I think he's going to be a weapon at the next level; no idea why most places have him as a 3rd or 4th rounder. Barring Maclin leaving in free agency I don't see us taking WR prior to Rd 4 ... I'd love to see him on the Birds somehow though.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Chip has more power to select picks ... you guys may want to tune in to the UCLA / Kansas State game on right now. UCLA QB Brett Hundley could easily be the Eagles first Rd pick with Mariota likely gone to Tampa at one.

I totally agree.

Hundley in rd. 1 is most definitely possible.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley has some Mcnabb too him. Hopefully he is much tougher mentally if he is our guy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I see it Foles has this upcoming season to play for a contract. If he comes back strong from this past season's ups and downs then great ... but if not, Hundley will have a year of seasoning under Chip's system and ready to go in 2016. Hundley isn't Mariota, but he does have the big arm, size, has great wheels and fits the Chip QB mold (has a rep as making good reads). He is ruff around the edges in some areas, but that's where Chip comes in ... a year of sitting and learning under Chip would do wonders for Hundley.

Free Agency becomes a must though if Chip sets his sights on Hundley as it will make 2 years in a row where our first rounder won't contribute much year one. At least one free agent CB and one G/T have to be brought in.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA's LB Eric Kendricks has looked damn good this game.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I definitely see this as the time to make your QB decision. Foles will be a FA after it. Cant wait till then.

Id actually try to trade Foles though. Dont see why we couldnt get a 2nd rounder for him. Or 3rd at the least. Houston seems like a likely destination IMO.

Sanchez/Hundley/Barkley is what I would do. Similar to SF with Smith keeping seat warm for CK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what everyone is forgetting is this

1. Tampa Needs a QB
2. Tennessee - Depending what their thoughts are on Mettenberger they may go QB(I like Met)
6. Jets need a QB
7. Bears may go QB
10. Rams need a QB
15. San Fran could go QB depending how the new coach likes Kap

Easily 3 or 4 teams that likely go QB in rd 1 before us.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected better from me 2 :suds:

We will see how Mariota does on y
the biggest stage of his career Jan 12th? I think my Buckeyes will test him. He will definitly put up yards and points, but I think Bosa is going to get in his head in this game. Nobody is giving the Buckeyes a chance. This game is reminding me of the '02 season with the huge upset over the "U". We shall see. A ton of NFL talent will be on the field.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how Mariota does on y
the biggest stage of his career Jan 12th? I think my Buckeyes will test him. He will definitly put up yards and points, but I think Bosa is going to get in his head in this game. Nobody is giving the Buckeyes a chance. This game is reminding me of the '02 season with the huge upset over the "U". We shall see. A ton of NFL talent will be on the field.

Ohio St shocked me....they really did.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St shocked me....they really did.

I think they shocked everybody not an OSU fan. Urban Meyer got snubbed from getting coach of the year in the B1G. How many coaches can win in a P5 Conference with a 3rd string QB? SHit they just took down the top dog team in the country w/ Cardale Jones ( Jamarcus Russell 2.0). Win or lose, the committee got it correct w/ the 4 teams. FSU was overrated but you cant leave the NC and was currently undefeated left out. Everyone knew they were overated and was a matter of time before they got hammered.
I honestly think the Buckeyes will win the NC for a couple of reasons. The Buckeyes have a srellar offense much like the Ducks, therefore, scoring points shouldnt be a problem. Secondly, Ill take Urban Meyer on the National Stage any day of the week over anyone, as he just made Saban look bad. Furthermore, the Buckeyes defense, in paericular, their front 4 is going to put a ton of pressure on Mariotta. :suds:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Tampa Needs a QB
2. Tennessee - Depending what their thoughts are on Mettenberger they may go QB(I like Met)
6. Jets need a QB
7. Bears may go QB
10. Rams need a QB

I basically said the same thing yesterday without looking up the teams. :agree:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Tampa Needs a QB
6. Jets need a QB
7. Bears may go QB
10. Rams need a QB

Tampa - Mariota
Tenn - My guess is they stick with Mettenberger
Jets - Winston
Niners - doubt it with Kap who gives them the same thing and he's further along
Bears nor Rams take Hundley imo ... I can see the Eagles as he fits the Chip style, but for teams who run traditional Offenses, I don't think Hundley's an option that high.