• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - 15 College / Eagles Draft Talk

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey I view him as a 3rd rd project qb... NFL qbs don't throw for less than 150 yards in a game especially a big game. Great arm and very agile... That's it. Extremly risky bro. You could get that with Sims the Bama Qb and 3 rounds later.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott is a guy to keep an eye on if he declares. The HC at Miss. St. is a close friend of Chips & if Mullen vouches for Prescott, he could be our pick. Maybe 2nd or 3rd rd. Looks like he has a build & athletic traits similar to R.Wilson. Just not nearly as advanced in the pass game. Prescott already has already graduated though, so he probably comes out.

ILB Benardrick McKinney would also be a guy we might target. Same school. Underclassman as well. He seems like a 1st rounder if he runs well at combine.

I could see both these guys being Eagles come 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read/see on Dak Prescott, the more I like him. Isnt tall but is built well. Seems to have great character. Already graduated. Has improved steadily. Can definitely run & has decent enough arm from what I can tell.

Obviously needs work though.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey I view him as a 3rd rd project qb... NFL qbs don't throw for less than 150 yards in a game especially a big game. Great arm and very agile... That's it. Extremly risky bro. You could get that with Sims the Bama Qb and 3 rounds later.

You have to look at the big picture ... UCLA's Offense while a shotgun system is more traditional than a high paced bubble screen, inflate the QB stats, crazy play system like Oregon. UCLA also doesn't have the Offensive weapons and speed at receiver that lead to the huge stats ... they are more of a stick moving team. Hundley did also have 96 yards rushing and 2 rushing TD's (and the win); so big picture it wasn't a bad game. College stats in general mean didly in the grand scheme ... it's how your game translates to the next level and I think Hundley will ultimately be a better pro than college QB, especially in a scheme like Chip's. A guy like Sims imo tops out at the college level.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read/see on Dak Prescott, the more I like him. Isnt tall but is built well. Seems to have great character. Already graduated. Has improved steadily. Can definitely run & has decent enough arm from what I can tell.

Brought up Prescott a while ago on the college thread ... I think he's a possible target in Rd 2 if Hundley isn't the pick in Rd 1.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hundley and Prescott are the same guy....both huge Projects in the NFL.....both are Donovan Mcnabb clones. Can they be good....Absolutely. Chips system would have been perfect for a young Mcnabb out of Syracuse. The old Mcnabb could not have run it.

I wouldn't be shocked if Chip selected one.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to look at the big picture ... UCLA's Offense while a shotgun system is more traditional than a high paced bubble screen, inflate the QB stats, crazy play system like Oregon. UCLA also doesn't have the Offensive weapons and speed at receiver that lead to the huge stats ... they are more of a stick moving team. Hundley did also have 96 yards rushing and 2 rushing TD's (and the win); so big picture it wasn't a bad game. College stats in general mean didly in the grand scheme ... it's how your game translates to the next level and I think Hundley will ultimately be a better pro than college QB, especially in a scheme like Chip's. A guy like Sims imo tops out at the college level.
Rey I have seen my share of Hundley over the last few years....i spoke about him earlier this year Because I love his arm! What's not to love he has a rocket launcher....but he is still a huge Project for the NFL.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what I see except he needs "a lot of work"

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a young McNabb would have been a great fit for Chip's system ... and I do see a ton of similarities between he and Hundley. People got so use to the bulked up McNabb that they forget how athletic he was when he first came out. Same great arm Hundley has along with the same inconsistencies.

Dak imo needs more tutoring as a passer (bigger project) ... dude's more like a RB playing QB. Hundley's more advanced with regards to reading D and making adjustments at the Line. That's why I see Hundley as a 1st round option and Dak as a 2nd round option.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a young McNabb would have been a great fit for Chip's system ... and I do see a ton of similarities between he and Hundley. People got so use to the bulked up McNabb that they forget how athletic he was when he first came out. Same great arm Hundley has along with the same inconsistencies.

Dak imo needs more tutoring as a passer (bigger project) ... dude's more like a RB playing QB. Hundley's more advanced with regards to reading D and making adjustments at the Line. That's why I see Hundley as a 1st round option and Dak as a 2nd round option.
Your higher on Dak than i am....I see him as a late 3rd early 4th.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your higher on Dak than i am....I see him as a late 3rd early 4th.

That would be the sensible ranking ... but you know how it is with QB's always going earlier than they should.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the sensible ranking ... but you know how it is with QB's always going earlier than they should.
I agree, and I had to look it up because I was not sure off the top of my head, but Logan Thomas who I feel is similar to Dak was a 4th rd pick.

I'm curious Rey....Teddy Bridgewater Louisville vs Brett Hundley UCLA who ya taking and why? Because Teddy was the last pick in rd 1 and if you asked me last year I would have said Bridgewater in a heartbeat...and now after seeing Bridgewater in the NFL I'd still say Bridgewater in a heartbeat. SO answering this may tell you where Hundley and Prescott go. That said I think Bryce Petty is this years Jimmy Garoppolo but a more polished thrower than Jimmy was in college and Jimmy went 2nd rd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater v.s Hundley?

For the Eagles - Hundley, by far.

Bridgewater was a more polished passer than Hundley, but Chip will work on his accuracy, I think.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I had to look it up because I was not sure off the top of my head, but Logan Thomas who I feel is similar to Dak was a 4th rd pick.

I'm curious Rey....Teddy Bridgewater Louisville vs Brett Hundley UCLA who ya taking and why? Because Teddy was the last pick in rd 1 and if you asked me last year I would have said Bridgewater in a heartbeat...and now after seeing Bridgewater in the NFL I'd still say Bridgewater in a heartbeat. SO answering this may tell you where Hundley and Prescott go. That said I think Bryce Petty is this years Jimmy Garoppolo but a more polished thrower than Jimmy was in college and Jimmy went 2nd rd.

Bridgewater couldn't even look good at his rehearsed workout in shorts ... smaller, less athletic and not as good of an arm as Hundley. Especially for a Chip Kelly style offense I'd take Hundley. Now, if we're talking a traditional offense it gets a bit murkier as Bridgewater's game better fits that style of play.

As far as Dak vs Logan Thomas ... I'd take Dak in a heartbeat. I thought Logan would have been lucky to go in Rd 6 or 7 last year. Dak's a superior runner and a better QB in general; Thomas barely had more TD's than Int's his senior season ... the only reason he went so high is simply because of the physical tools. Dak actually has some QB skills to go along with great mobility.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater couldn't even look good at his rehearsed workout in shorts ... smaller, less athletic and not as good of an arm as Hundley. Especially for a Chip Kelly style offense I'd take Hundley. Now, if we're talking a traditional offense it gets a bit murkier as Bridgewater's game better fits that style of play.

As far as Dak vs Logan Thomas ... I'd take Dak in a heartbeat. I thought Logan would have been lucky to go in Rd 6 or 7 last year. Dak's a superior runner and a better QB in general; Thomas barely had more TD's than Int's his senior season ... the only reason he went so high is simply because of the physical tools. Dak actually has some QB skills to go along with great mobility.
well, clearly you are much higher on both players than i am. I am however intrigued with Hundleys cannon for an arm....that part I love.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, clearly you are much higher on both players than i am. I am however intrigued with Hundleys cannon for an arm....that part I love.

You've got to remember I'm talking about these QB's for our system ... not in general. I'm not nearly as high on either for traditional offensive schemes.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the nfl is going Hundley & Dak will go higher than they should.

Hundley should be a 2nd rounder but he'll probably go mid to late 1st. Boom or bust pick only because of QB traits not work ethic. Which is more acceptable.
Dak should go 4th round but he'll probably go late 2nd or 3rd. Has to learn how to run out of bounds or he'll get hurt a lot! Another boom or bust. But i really like his intangibles/athletic ability. Arm is only ok

Id prefer Hundley because he needs less work & he is taller.

I got to look at Petty more.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Petty but as Wiz said Petty needs to work on his pocket awareness... Also Petty is not quite the scrambler Hundley or Prescott are he is more like Luck/Rogers speed

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Petty but as Wiz said Petty needs to work on his pocket awareness... Also Petty is not quite the scrambler Hundley or Prescott are he is more like Luck/Rogers speed

Yea..we dont we need Vick speed or anything. Luck/Rodgers speed is plenty fast enough. The key is how smart they are when they run. Its one issue i have with Dak. he wont be able to use his style of running in the pros. Can he adapt? Usually they dont.

Baylor QBs scare me due to their weird O.