• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 steelers schedule

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
We going to agree to disagree, yards are so overblown..W & L's and scoreboard is the only stats that matter

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Wallace sucked last year and didn't want to play for the Steelers. Heath Miller was a beast until he was taken out for the rest of the season.

bsanko...strong...I agree that Wallace was playing for a contract...more than he was for the Steelers, blah, blah...I think we would take those numbers he produced last year from Sanders and be thrilled this year...I think MIA could be up for a downfall...hard to plug in a lot of new key faces and win right away.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a pretty good schedule to try and regroup this year if Ben can stay healthy. But as a previous poster mentioned, early bye week helps no one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misk, trust me Im not here to rub your noses in it, Its just that when folks say Wallace "is no big loss", well he was a big part, its tough to replace.

Wallace is 10x the more loss then Boldin is to the Ravens

"10x"...uh.

I think Wallace will be missed...Brown typically had man coverage LY...Without that burner to worry about deep, I think more teams will dbl him now so his numbers will drop some. Sanders/Wheaton will have to show they're reliable targets...I do expect a lot more RB targets this yr.

Boldin to me is a bigger loss...Jones failed his conditioning test so you know he's been enjoying the offseason more than getting ready to defend. Smith...production needs to go way up 65-70 catches at a minimum. Neither of those guys give Flacco that inside the hashmark security blanket that Boldin did imo...that tough possession guy that Ward was for PIT...Boldin was that guy in BAL.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing Wallace ain't gonna just happen, but they'll run the ball more this year and hopefully get something going there they haven't had in years.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
"10x"...uh.

I think Wallace will be missed...Brown typically had man coverage LY...Without that burner to worry about deep, I think more teams will dbl him now so his numbers will drop some. Sanders/Wheaton will have to show they're reliable targets...I do expect a lot more RB targets this yr.

Boldin to me is a bigger loss...Jones failed his conditioning test so you know he's been enjoying the offseason more than getting ready to defend. Smith...production needs to go way up 65-70 catches at a minimum. Neither of those guys give Flacco that inside the hashmark security blanket that Boldin did imo...that tough possession guy that Ward was for PIT...Boldin was that guy in BAL.

Joe has pitta and rice as his inside guys, don't read too much into jones and the failed physical ,he's not supposed to be at camp til tomorrow,

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace's first year, he had 756 receiving yards, 6 TD's, 72 targets and 39 receptions. This is easily doable by any of the new guys picked up this year. On a positive note, Heath Miller is recovering well and should be back in full production to pick up where he left off. Yes, Sanders will probably get doubled up, but that will leave a few other weapons open for Ben to throw to.

Crav, yes you are right. W & L's are all that matter at the end of the day. If the Steelers D can create turnovers, consider the Steelers to be a threat once again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami will be better this year, but we will still beat them with Wallace. I am sure the Steelers D want some revenge for his poor play last year. He is a non-factor.

Well...you know I actually think he played okay last year...I agree MIA will be better, but I don't know about playoff better yet..I think Wallace will struggle (60+ catches but not many TDs) under the pressure of being the man, already hearing grumbling from the So FL media..

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...you know I actually think he played okay last year...I agree MIA will be better, but I don't know about playoff better yet..I think Wallace will struggle (60+ catches but not many TDs) under the pressure of being the man, already hearing grumbling from the So FL media..

You really think so? Yes Wallace led the team, but he wasn't stellar. In fact, I believe Tomlin was thinking of benching him for missing catches. Before you say it, yes I know our QB situation wasn't the best, but had the Steelers gave him a new contract, don't you think he would have played better? Just a thought.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00

I hear ya ATL, try living down here..I stick to the NFL Channel, I dont see Tannenhill leading that team anywhere.

As far as Wallace playing for a contract, well he did have 25% of your scores, There is a bigger picture then dropped balls here.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20130721stlr_camp_sched800.png

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like yinz dont need it :ss:

From the Ratty fanboy over at esPn:

Of Baltimore's 23,375 snaps from last season, players who accounted for 7,549 of them are now gone. That's a 32.3 percent turnover. The change is more dramatic on defense, where the Ravens need to replace 44.2 percent of the snaps

:poke:

Don't throw stones if you reside in glass houses

Practice up bub. You're gonna need it:heh::dhd:

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Snaps compared to scoring in which Wallace had over 28% of the stealer scores. Lol we'll be 3 games better than the stealers evo, book it

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Famous last words cran

We'll be sure to revisit this post come mid-October.

As for Wallace being snaps compared to your problems. I think you need to take those purple tinted glasses off. The Steelers have depth in place to pick up in his absence. As for your ratties... Not so much.

Did Oz even draft a WR in the first four rounds?

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the fantasy stat heroes are out in force. If you think not having Wallace will lower our total team offensive TD production, then I can't help you. Here's another stat to chew on: In our last SB victory year, no WR had more than 18% of the total TD production. Your stats have no correlation and are irrelevant. :)

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
I see the fantasy stat heroes are out in force. If you think not having Wallace will lower our total team offensive TD production, then I can't help you. Here's another stat to chew on: In our last SB victory year, no WR had more than 18% of the total TD production. Your stats have no correlation and are irrelevant. :)

Not irrelevant, keep sweeping it under the rug along with the loss of Harrison, also throw in Troy or Ben haven't completed a full season since 2008

And Evo we didn't need to draft a wr, this draft class sucked or we would have taken one

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not irrelevant, keep sweeping it under the rug along with the loss of Harrison, also throw in Troy or Ben haven't completed a full season since 2008

And Evo we didn't need to draft a wr, this draft class sucked or we would have taken one

Bro, it doesn't matter if Troy and Ben don't play the entire season, they have enough backup support this year than last. Games won't be as close this year as they were last. :loco2: