• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingels was a total head shot.

We all know how you feel about pussification of the NHL, but like the rules or not that hit was a blatant violation.

saw this morning dept of player safety isnt even looking at it :L

as for the Hertl cross check to the face ... theyll probably say the stick slid up on Hertl :L

as you all were

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny how people are so quick to bash Scott, and want him kicked out of the NHL, but then people quickly makes excuses for what Chara does because of his size and what not.

If Scott did that in the Sharks game last night, people would be screaming bloody murder.

Where is the on-air rant from Milbury? Or is he too busy hitting some kid with his shoe right now?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny how people are so quick to bash Scott, and want him kicked out of the NHL, but then people quickly makes excuses for what Chara does because of his size and what not.

If Scott did that in the Sharks game last night, people would be screaming bloody murder.

Where is the on-air rant from Milbury? Or is he too busy hitting some kid with his shoe right now?

I would like to note that I did not say that.

I did not see the Bruins game last night so I do not know how that hit was. I will say that if it was a direct hit to the head then Chara needs to see some jail time the same as Scott.

The major difference though and IPW I am sure you can admit this is that Chara is not a fucking goon like Scott. Scott has a role and that is to fight. I respect that kinda player because that is a tough job. Shawn Thorton is the Bruins guy. Thornton has never been suspended for a cheap shot (as far as I now)

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major difference though and IPW I am sure you can admit this is that Chara is not a fucking goon like Scott.

So it's ok for Chara to hit people like that in a game and get away with it just because he's not labeled a "goon"? If anything, Chara is a borderline dirty player, who gets away with his fair share of cheap and questionable hits, that the refs and the league turn a blind eye to.

Scott is a goon, but he doesn't have a history of cheap shots and has never been suspended before the other day. He does his job with his fists and makes sure the person knows it's coming.

The thing I hate is how the things people point out about Scott's hit and why he's a POS suddenly don't apply to Chara just because he's not a "goon".

Examples:

- Scott needs to learn that he needs to duck on his hits and learn how to check better because of his size. / Chara is 6'9 and it's not his fault he's bigger than the other guy.
What do you want him to do?

- Scott caught him with his head down and made contact on purpose. / Chara can't help that when he crosschecks someone, his stick is at the same level of their face.

- Scott can't hit someone late when they don't have the puck. / Chara was a tad bit late, but you can't blame him for finishing his check like you're supposed to.

And it goes on an on.....

Bottom line is that it shouldn't matter that Chara isn't labeled a "goon", you can't make those types of hits in a game and not even call a penalty at the very least, while other guys are getting 5 games or more for less.

/rant

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's ok for Chara to hit people like that in a game and get away with it just because he's not labeled a "goon"? If anything, Chara is a borderline dirty player, who gets away with his fair share of cheap and questionable hits, that the refs and the league turn a blind eye to.

Scott is a goon, but he doesn't have a history of cheap shots and has never been suspended before the other day. He does his job with his fists and makes sure the person knows it's coming.

The thing I hate is how the things people point out about Scott's hit and why he's a POS suddenly don't apply to Chara just because he's not a "goon".

Examples:

- Scott needs to learn that he needs to duck on his hits and learn how to check better because of his size. / Chara is 6'9 and it's not his fault he's bigger than the other guy.

- Scott caught him with his head down and made contact on purpose. / Chara can't help that when he crosschecks someone, his stick is at the same level of their face.

- Scott can't hit someone late when they don't have the puck. / Chara was a tad bit late, but you can't blame him for finishing his check like you're supposed to.

Bottom line is that it shouldn't matter that Chara isn't labeled a "goon", you can't make those types of hits in a game and not even call a penalty at the very least, while other guys are getting 5 games or more for less.

/rant

Not arguing with you. Chara has a mean streak for sure...not sure though that I would pt him and Scott in the same category

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Examples:

/rant

Right there with you, IPW. Hate that the "message" appears only aimed at certain tyoes.

That kind of destroys that whole "For the safety of the players" thing.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with you, IPW. Hate that the "message" appears only aimed at certain tyoes.

That kind of destroys that whole "For the safety of the players" thing.

+1

I could care less if a player is a fighter, or "goon", in these matters.

What should matter is incidents where players make the game dangerous through illegal or malevolent acts.

Chara, one of my favourite players, is developing a bit of a habit of making dirty/careless plays.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Scott's hearing not being until Halloween, which will be 4 games already (assuming he doesn't get 3 games and be allowed to return that night), it seems like he's looking at a big suspension.

I can't imagine they'd wait that long only to hit him with 5 games.

And on a side note...WTF is with having to wait so long?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Scott's hearing not being until Halloween, which will be 4 games already (assuming he doesn't get 3 games and be allowed to return that night), it seems like he's looking at a big suspension.

I can't imagine they'd wait that long only to hit him with 5 games.

And on a side note...WTF is with having to wait so long?

I bet they'll find a way to get Dubinski in before Scott.

Only thing I can see is he didn't *have* to make the hit. But the puck was there, his elbow was down and Koivu was hunched over and his face hit Dubinski's shoulder. Dubinski made a minor course correction to make the hit, but he was in his space on the ice. I can see interference. Don't necessary agree with it, but I can see the argument. But a game and possible suspension?

Which is COMPLETELY different than this one in the same game. :rollseyes:

Arty got caught with his head down and in the trolley tracks. I didn't think that one was a penalty either.

Well, to someone other than Foligno :D

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just noticed in the Dubinski video that Beauchemin left the bench while there was a scrum. He comes over to Koivu and there are four others engaged down by the net. 6 Ducks on the ice.

So that's an automatic 10 game, right?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just noticed in the Dubinski video that Beauchemin left the bench while there was a scrum. He comes over to Koivu and there are four others engaged down by the net. 6 Ducks on the ice.

So that's an automatic 10 game, right?

Don't think the 10 game applies if he doesn't join the scrum.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the 10 game applies if he doesn't join the scrum.

I know, just being obnoxious.

Although, being the law and order guy the Sherrif is:

Rule 70.10 states the following:

"The first player to leave the players' or penalty bench illegally during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended without pay for the next 10 regular League and/or playoff games of his team."

The rule doesn't say you have to join it. Just leave the bench while it's going on.

I am going to email the Blue Jackets. :D

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NHL reviewed Dubinsky (CBJ) hit on Koivu (ANA). No supplementary discipline. Ruled a body on body hit with incidental head contact.

Got that one right. I was worried. I guess the cold weather has the wheel spinning rough.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NHL reviewed Dubinsky (CBJ) hit on Koivu (ANA). No supplementary discipline. Ruled a body on body hit with incidental head contact.

Got that one right. I was worried. I guess the cold weather has the wheel spinning rough.

They're too busy making up reasons for why a player with no prior history of suspension is going to get 10+ games while another player of similar stature gets no suspension for committing two suspension-worthy fouls in a single game.

/At least they got this one right. Shockingly.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that Hanzal, he's so suspended right now (gone for a deuce).

Coyotes' Hanzal suspended two games for hit on Oilers' Petry

He's so hot right now!

Wa0BEp3l.jpg