• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 games for the maxi-pad

:burt:

Gryba, who has no history of this stuff, gets 2 PLAYOFF games for this hit which was by many accounts clean.

Meanwhile Lapierre, who has a history of dirty play, gets 5 early regular season games for this...

Seems+legit+_77813742ca6119209213b022fd3aba5a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many games the Avs player will get

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He saw Stepan, you can see him brace himself for the hit and get ready for it. But after the game he said he didn't see him at all, if you watch it, he clearly sees the contact and Stepan coming and moves his hand in motion up high to hit Step. It was intentional and he got away with it. Why brace yourself for something you said you didn't see coming?

I can respect that opinion, but I think calling that contact intentional is giving Troy way too much credit. He's not a good skater and he can go "space cadet" anywhere in the middle 120 feet of ice with regularity.

As a rule, I want them all suspended for injurying a player on a needless hit, but I do think this was an accident. I'm not a Brouwer fan, I was really happy to get more than a 2nd for Brouwer in the Caps trade.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just throwing this out there, but I think Chris Pronger could do a better job than Shanahan has done so far.

Pronger for Sheriff

I don't want anybody less than 8 years off of the ice having a say in suspensions. Too close to too many players, coaches, gms, etc. even at that many years removed. Even if he's somehow able to ignore the bias (pos or neg.), the perception of a conflict of interest will still be there.

Instead of making pics of Bruce eating KFC or working on diving gifs. talented posters will be wasting time on more wheel of justice pics. I want the new and creative stuff out there so I say NO to Pronger for Sheriff.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still stick up for him and criticize his actions on that particular play though - Something along the lines of "Max Lapierre is a valuable member of the St. Louis Blues and plays the game with a high level of intensity. That said, he needed to make a better choice at that particular moment. While we support Max, at the same time we need to eliminate these types of hits from our game".

But then they would be voiding their contract by NOT being a whiny dbag making a jerk of themselves when their player gets in trouble. The risk is boredom. I've been looking for an excuse to dislike Armstrong more than I do, so I'm really happy with his quote and ambiguous reference.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want anybody less than 8 years off of the ice having a say in suspensions. Too close to too many players, coaches, gms, etc. even at that many years removed. Even if he's somehow able to ignore the bias (pos or neg.), the perception of a conflict of interest will still be there.

Instead of making pics of Bruce eating KFC or working on diving gifs. talented posters will be wasting time on more wheel of justice pics. I want the new and creative stuff out there so I say NO to Pronger for Sheriff.

Shanahan doesn't get close to other players, just other players' wives.... :whistle:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbutt to get an in person for laying out Pancakes:

Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As jstew said last week, there is no rhyme or reason to supplementary decisions, I think that hit should be worth a five game suspension, but I bet Garbutt gets 2 games.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it took two team mates and the trainer to help him off the ice. He didn't need CPR so 2 team mates plus trainer = 3 minus no CPR = 2 ?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word yet on the result of Kaleta's hearing with Bettman yesterday.

Bettman's probably gonna try to avoid giving an answer until the original 10 game suspension is over to avoid an arbitrator appeal.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for running the garbage like Mcleod, Garbutt, etc. out of the league but I don't understand how Mcleod gets 5 on that one. While it's confusing as hell, I'm happy about it and wish those were getting 5 or more a few years ago and the world is a better place with Mcleod off of the ice.

Is this a shift by the league to eliminate that specific hit or to draw a line because the PA is going to challenge more of these rulings in the near future?

I couldn't find a precedent for the Mcleod hit that justified more than 3 games. I'm somewhat hopeful that there was a shift and I hope we see more of it. The 2 for Grabner makes sense. When it comes to illegal hits, the more punishment the merrier for me. I hope to see a big number for Garbutt, that one really bothered me.