• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on this hit from Bobby Ryan?

XwnUTxU.gif

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people hate Kaleta but he is one of the best penalty killers the Sabres have. He will lay out and block shots left and right. I know he's not a saint but just saying this because outside of Buffalo I don't think a lot of people realize this they thunk he is only a jerk.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaleta, like Torres, Lapierre, Cooke, etc., has plenty of hockey skill.
I think of Kaleta as much more than a jerk, he's one of the guys that trashes the game and holds it back.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on this hit from Bobby Ryan?

XwnUTxU.gif

I haven't seen anything to this point, I don't think that's really something to look at because the Coyotes player bent down while Bobby Ryan was in the midst of hitting him

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Matty good read. The problem is you can change but your reputation doesn't. So many people live by the "Leopard never changes it's spots" theory that it takes a long time to shake that rep. Look at Crosby, in his first year or two he complained about everything and got the rep as being a cry baby. As far as I see he has cleaned that up but you will always get people that will call him a cry baby. Esp Philly fans LOL.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Shanny using the same wheel of justice as last year or is having Leetch make him a new one anyway?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see him actually having a pretty good chance of winning this one and getting it reduced.

Assuming Bettman would hold it the same as Shanaban, based on the duration, it could be appealed to a neutral arbitrator, which is where I think the league would have a harder time supporting 10 games, assuming they look at comparable hits and the suspension (or lack thereof) given.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverend Cooke hasn't finished 2 full seasons without a suspension and has only gone 9 months since his last questionable move that threatened a career. What a joke. Glad he's become a high priest of clean play.

THIS!!!!

Applause.gif

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see him actually having a pretty good chance of winning this one and getting it reduced.

Assuming Bettman would hold it the same as Shanaban, based on the duration, it could be appealed to a neutral arbitrator, which is where I think the league would have a harder time supporting 10 games, assuming they look at comparable hits and the suspension (or lack thereof) given.

I agree but right now it's so inconsistent that we as fans (and players) don't know what the hell to expect. Honestly, I don't think Shanny is any more consistent than Campbell was. He even contradicts himself in his cute little explanation videos.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but right now it's so inconsistent that we as fans (and players) don't know what the hell to expect. Honestly, I don't think Shanny is any more consistent than Campbell was. He even contradicts himself in his cute little explanation videos.

Shanny is worse because he's looking for any little thing to suspend someone

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be awesome if the neutral 3rd party arbitrator went off the board and said 25 games for Kaleta ... and then .. the arbitrator takes off his disguise and ... AWW MA GAWD THATS JACK JOHNSONS MUSIC!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverend Cooke hasn't finished 2 full seasons without a suspension and has only gone 9 months since his last questionable move that threatened a career. What a joke. Glad he's become a high priest of clean play.

OK, I never cared for Cooke either but let me ask you something. How long does he need to go without an incident before he is considered a player that turned it around and is the player that he said he wants to be? One year? five years? ten years? That's my point about someone that makes an honest effort to change and has a hard time convincing others that he/she has. It's ambiguous and up to the individual. I'm not saying he has totally changed because he could snap tomorrow but is there a time limit to say OK this guy has turned it around.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I never cared for Cooke either but let me ask you something. How long does he need to go without an incident before he is considered a player that turned it around and is the player that he said he wants to be? One year? five years? ten years? That's my point about someone that makes an honest effort to change and has a hard time convincing others that he/she has. It's ambiguous and up to the individual. I'm not saying he has totally changed because he could snap tomorrow but is there a time limit to say OK this guy has turned it around.

For me, I want to see 1/2 their career's worth to that point. Since he was at just under 900 reg and post season games, I'll want to see 400-500 before I consider him changed. Anything short of that is too short of a sample size. For Bertuzzi, after about 4 full seasons following his incident, I took him off my "detriment to the league" list.

It's not hard to change for a year or even 2 or three. We see players change for an offseason or consecutive offseasons only to go back to the same issues or strengths that they had before. We see it in weight (bad weight) and muscle for example. We see it in practice routines, goalie adjustments, etc. Until they can prove they can sustain the change for an extended period of time, I think it's the exception more than the norm.