• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While price is a dream. Greinke can be had
This offseason. But we do have the package to get Price also. I was hearing that the dbacks might trade trevor bauer. Hes projected to be a ace for the
Dbacks. I wonder what it would take to get upton and bauer?

Greinke shouldn't't be mentioned in the same sentence as Price.[/

They were mentioned in two different sentences. :yo:

J/k

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read exactly what you posted.

Again, reading comprehension. Work on it.

Also, I don't hate MY. He was obviously trying and he's do e great things for this team. He was still dragging the team down.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys, I've got some questions. Elvis is repesenred by Boras, I understand that. He is a top defensive shortstop with very little power and an average base stealer who gets on base and tends to rise to the occasion. A lot of teams will have an interest in him if he becomes a free agent in a couple of years. What is his value if he could be extended by Texas now?

Kins is probably one of the top 5 2nd baseman in the AL and with his contract has very little trade value. Is there not a run producing OF in the same situation on a team that coud use a 2nd baseman more than than that OF, creating a more or less straight across the board trade?

Napoli and Soto are what I would consider average defensive catchers at best. Napoli cost more than Soto and is very streaky. Soto is much more affordable and respecable behind the plate with much less production. Are there any catchers out there that could better fill the bill and yet be affordabe?

Moreland for the $$$ needs to be playing everyday, rather than going after a higher priced run producer for 1st base. We need to see what type of numbers he can put up knowing he will be the everyday 1st baseman.

Any thoughts?

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys, I've got some questions. Elvis is repesenred by Boras, I understand that. He is a top defensive shortstop with very little power and an average base stealer who gets on base and tends to rise to the occasion. A lot of teams will have an interest in him if he becomes a free agent in a couple of years. What is his value if he could be extended by Texas now?

Kins is probably one of the top 5 2nd baseman in the AL and with his contract has very little trade value. Is there not a run producing OF in the same situation on a team that coud use a 2nd baseman more than than that OF, creating a more or less straight across the board trade?

Napoli and Soto are what I would consider average defensive catchers at best. Napoli cost more than Soto and is very streaky. Soto is much more affordable and respecable behind the plate with much less production. Are there any catchers out there that could better fill the bill and yet be affordabe?

Moreland for the $$$ needs to be playing everyday, rather than going after a higher priced run producer for 1st base. We need to see what type of numbers he can put up knowing he will be the everyday 1st baseman.

Any thoughts?

thats an interesting thought of using Kinsler's value as a 2B to get a better valued player for the OF instead of just moving Kinsler to the OF which would extremely decrease his value and skill set. I have always liked the idea of trying to trade for Alex Gordon, KC is considerably weak at 2B so I think it could be a match for a trade, they could then bring up Myers without trying to find a way to get rid of Francoeur.....I was actually thinking of possibly sending Holland and a spec for Gordon as they really need pitching too, but I think Kinsler for Gordon makes a lot of sense too.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only makes sense to me that some team needs to strengthen up the middle but has excess in the OF. All I've been reading is due to his off year and contract that he has no trade value. There has to be someone out there that a more or less straight across the board could work.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't understand why people want to trade Kinsler. As you stated he's a top 5 2b. Elvis will be next to impossible to extend. Bet on that.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't understand why people want to trade Kinsler. As you stated he's a top 5 2b. Elvis will be next to impossible to extend. Bet on that.

My thoughts are that a Kins trade only works if we get something better than Murph, Cruz, Gentry, etc and Elvis can be extended. If all of that can't happen then Kins has got to stay and Elvis is then used as trade bait.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are that a Kins trade only works if we get something better than Murph, Cruz, Gentry, etc and Elvis can be extended. If all of that can't happen then Kins has got to stay and Elvis is then used as trade bait.

Profar may wind up making Elvis the one who is expendable. I just don't see Boras not taking Elvis through the FA process since they are sitting on a goldmine. The Rangers have already been down this road before when they signed Tex to a 2 year extension and let Adrian Gongalez go.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar may wind up making Elvis the one who is expendable. I just don't see Boras not taking Elvis through the FA process since they are sitting on a goldmine. The Rangers have already been down this road before when they signed Tex to a 2 year extension and let Adrian Gongalez go.

Elvis probably has the most trade value with roughly $11.5 m due over the next 2 yrs. A bargin for his position and talents. In 2 yrs we get nothing for him. I wouldn't mind seeing him used for pitching or production this winter and Profar taking over at SS. The real question then is how much of a learning curve do we expevt to have with Profar?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any thoughts?

there are no catchers available that would better fill the bill

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we are trading Andrus in a deal for Price, I just dont see how they can trade a proven all star SS who has yet to hit his prime and has gotten better each season for the past 3 years. How do you justify that? Just so you can make room for an unproven spec?....With Kinsler's down year and wanting to create room for Profar, I think there is more justification in trading Kinsler and putting Profar at 2B.....do I think any of that will happen? no, they have publicly stated Andrus will not be traded (whether that is true or not). They are discussing what Kinsler's role will be with the Rangers going forward so it seems like they will stick with him too. Gotta believe they want to add Profar into the mix so the only logical solution to keep all 3 is to move Kinsler to the OF which IMO is a horrible idea.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we are trading Andrus in a deal for Price, I just dont see how they can trade a proven all star SS who has yet to hit his prime and has gotten better each season for the past 3 years. How do you justify that? Just so you can make room for an unproven spec?....With Kinsler's down year and wanting to create room for Profar, I think there is more justification in trading Kinsler and putting Profar at 2B.....do I think any of that will happen? no, they have publicly stated Andrus will not be traded (whether that is true or not). They are discussing what Kinsler's role will be with the Rangers going forward so it seems like they will stick with him too. Gotta believe they want to add Profar into the mix so the only logical solution to keep all 3 is to move Kinsler to the OF which IMO is a horrible idea.

Kinsler is not going to be traded or moved to left field.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Due to Kins off year his value is down but I don't see him moving to the outfield. I believe that would lower his value further and weaken 2 positions rather just 1. Kins is one of the best 2nd basemen in the AL and by moving him to the outfield I think you weaken 2nd and weaken a spot in the outfield. If Elvis isn't moved, even though he is an all star SS, in 2 years you get nothing for him as a FA.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because we have Kinsler (a top 3 2b) locked up long term. The same is not true of Boras' client.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler is not going to be traded or moved to left field.

I believe he will be traded for an oufielder before he is moved to the outfield. If he stays a Ranger he will remain at 2nd and with his off year resulting in a loss of value there's probably not much chance of a trade.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler will have a rebound year next year.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to Kins off year his value is down but I don't see him moving to the outfield. I believe that would lower his value further and weaken 2 positions rather just 1. Kins is one of the best 2nd basemen in the AL and by moving him to the outfield I think you weaken 2nd and weaken a spot in the outfield. If Elvis isn't moved, even though he is an all star SS, in 2 years you get nothing for him as a FA.

The only reason Kinsler is considered a top 2B in the AL is because of his offensive production, he was one of the worst fielding 2B this year....how do you figure that 2 positions would be weakened? Profar is a MUCH better fielder than Kinsler and should take over the position nicely if Kinsler moves to the OF. Kinsler would prob not be a very good OF but he cant be any worse than Cruz.....one way or another Profar is getting in the lineup next year, I think extending Andrus wont be as difficult as many of you are making it sound. Players make their money from offensive production, he is not a big producer at the plate and therefore I dont think he will cost $15+ mil/year to extend. His type of game is very similar to Rafael Furcal and I dont think he ever made more than $13 mil in a season.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no catchers available that would better fill the bill

So in reality we could lose Napoli in FA, due to the fact that there isn't a supply of FA catchers, and his value could get to high even though he didn't have a good year. He does provide production! What then?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Kinsler is considered a top 2B in the AL is because of his offensive production, he was one of the worst fielding 2B this year....how do you figure that 2 positions would be weakened? Profar is a MUCH better fielder than Kinsler and should take over the position nicely if Kinsler moves to the OF. Kinsler would prob not be a very good OF but he cant be any worse than Cruz.....one way or another Profar is getting in the lineup next year, I think extending Andrus wont be as difficult as many of you are making it sound. Players make their money from offensive production, he is not a big producer at the plate and therefore I dont think he will cost $15+ mil/year to extend. His type of game is very similar to Rafael Furcal and I dont think he ever made more than $13 mil in a season.

Ok. Now I know you don't know what you're talking about.