• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Free agency

The Duke

Free Born Man of the USA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Artrell Hawkins twitter Newman is signing with Oakland.

"Keeping our own" my ass.

I'd rather we keep Jones.

The guy I want us to bring in to talk to is Michael Huff. Could be a good starter at a not too exorbitant price.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather we keep Jones.

The guy I want us to bring in to talk to is Michael Huff. Could be a good starter at a not too exorbitant price.

I'd rather we keep both seeing as how we have 8 trillion dollars to spend.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pic from Denver's headquarters

mr+ed.jpg

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jennings is a Viking. Adrian Wilson is a Patriot...

I'm not posting this on a message board on a Friday Night because I have no life or anything.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is a Viking. Adrian Wilson is a Patriot...

I'm not posting this on a message board on a Friday Night because I have no life or anything.

I've heard we brought in Matt Spaeth and that talks with Rey are progressing well.

:suds:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spaeth left without a deal and signed with the Steelers.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Duke

Free Born Man of the USA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spaeth left without a deal and signed with the Steelers.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Matt Spaeth of the 49 career receptions in 6 years for 353 yards? Oh darn, we'll need to get a different third TE.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Spaeth of the 49 career receptions in 6 years for 353 yards? Oh darn, we'll need to get a different third TE.

Why did they bring him in if they weren't interested? I'm not saying he's worth a damn. The Bengals have brought in like 3 players and they all have left. That's a bit disconcerting, no?

Goodson came and went. Signed elsewhere. Same with Spaeth.

It's embarrassing.

The Duke

Free Born Man of the USA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they bring him in if they weren't interested? I'm not saying he's worth a damn. The Bengals have brought in like 3 players and they all have left. That's a bit disconcerting, no?

Goodson came and went. Signed elsewhere. Same with Spaeth.

It's embarrassing.

So they should overpay for marginal talent just so they look better? I don't care if a hundred guys come and go as long as they sign the right 2-3. You were deluded if you thought they were going to make a huge free agent splash, it's just not what they do, and when they try they usually do it poorly. Odds are they'll pluck a solid starter or two at a reasonable price in free agency, another 2-3 starters out of the draft, and use the rest of the draft for depth.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So they should overpay for marginal talent just so they look better? I don't care if a hundred guys come and go as long as they sign the right 2-3. You were deluded if you thought they were going to make a huge free agent splash, it's just not what they do, and when they try they usually do it poorly. Odds are they'll pluck a solid starter or two at a reasonable price in free agency, another 2-3 starters out of the draft, and use the rest of the draft for depth.

I hope you also realize the irony in your statement.

And LOL @ "solid" starter(s). They're going to be plucking the 3rd tier leftovers that are going to become the starters because we have no other choice.

Don't be such a homer. We already have enough of them on this board.

The Duke

Free Born Man of the USA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you also realize the irony in your statement.

And LOL @ "solid" starter(s). They're going to be plucking the 3rd tier leftovers that are going to become the starters because we have no other choice.

Don't be such a homer. We already have enough of them on this board.

Guys like Manny Lawson, Terrence Newman, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, etc... Solid starters. We're not signing stars in the first few days if free agency, and there was no indication they were going to do so before free agency started. Do you go into free agency every year expecting us to sign 3-4 all pros? I have realistic expectations, no more, no less.