• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Free agency

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW -- It's really hard to judge Cruz's value. The guy puts up terrific numbers, but he is a slot receiver. I think a lot of his game is dependent upon the outside guys.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW -- It's really hard to judge Cruz's value. The guy puts up terrific numbers, but he is a slot receiver. I think a lot of his game is dependent upon the outside guys.

He plays the slot when they go three wide, but he's not Jordan Shipley or anything. He has a huge YPR number.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays the slot when they go three wide, but he's not Jordan Shipley or anything. He has a huge YPR number.

I'm not trying to say he isn't good enough to be a 'real' receiver or compare him to Jordan Shipley. Just saying that it's hard to gauge what his value is when his numbers suggest number 1 receiver, but his game suggests he might need help.

When I think of top earning receivers, I think of guys that would be good no matter who else lined up on the field. People like Fitz, Megatron, AJ, Jerome Simpson, and Brandon Marshal.

*Just kidding about Jerome - I just wanted to make sure you were awake.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not trying to say he isn't good enough to be a 'real' receiver or compare him to Jordan Shipley. Just saying that it's hard to gauge what his value is when his numbers suggest number 1 receiver, but his game suggests he might need help.

When I think of top earning receivers, I think of guys that would be good no matter who else lined up on the field. People like Fitz, Megatron, AJ, Jerome Simpson, and Brandon Marshal.

*Just kidding about Jerome - I just wanted to make sure you were awake.

He's benefited from playing with a good QB and opposite a good WR. that always helps out the stat sheet.

I agree that he's not a prototypical #1 WR, and if whoever is offering the him the contract is expecting that they'll be disappointed.

a first rd draft pick and a big money contract on a guy who's not a Megatron or Jerome Simpson is steep, but with how important the passing game is these days this might become a trend..

I know it'll never happen, but if it's not the Colts, the Bengals actually make a ton of sense.. late 1st rd pick, one playmaker away on offense, tons of caproom

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The aliens told me that Jerome Simpson had his own candy bar in one of the alternative universes... but his head was much smaller there.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's benefited from playing with a good QB and opposite a good WR. that always helps out the stat sheet.

I agree that he's not a prototypical #1 WR, and if whoever is offering the him the contract is expecting that they'll be disappointed.

a first rd draft pick and a big money contract on a guy who's not a Megatron or Jerome Simpson is steep, but with how important the passing game is these days this might become a trend..

I know it'll never happen, but if it's not the Colts, the Bengals actually make a ton of sense.. late 1st rd pick, one playmaker away on offense, tons of caproom

Yes, Cruz would make too much sense here. It's sad to think about. All that cap room leaves you a big chance to make a ballsy move.... And yet, we'll sign Ted Ginn Jr.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are rumors that Jeremy Maclin could be the player the Colts are trying to get.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he mentioned that Mohammed Sanu was "way ahead" of where Chad OchoCinco when you compare their second year.

This may be true, but Sanu did get hurt, and that might be a problem, other than that, his play was pretty good for a rookie WR and I hope he works out.

Chad had over 1100 yds as a second yr WR. also Marvin wasn't the coach at the time. Not sure what he's basing that assessment on..

Maybe Sanu is ahead of Chad on the mental aspect of the game as a young player, but Chad always played on athletic ability anyway..

The Duke

Free Born Man of the USA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad had over 1100 yds as a second yr WR. also Marvin wasn't the coach at the time. Not sure what he's basing that assessment on..

Maybe Sanu is ahead of Chad on the mental aspect of the game as a young player, but Chad always played on athletic ability anyway..

I like Sanu, but he is nowhere near the raw athlete Chad was. Sanu was probably ahead of Chad in the mental aspect of the game when he was a senior in high school. If he can get 60+ catches for 800+ yards this year, that will be a nice year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sanu, but he is nowhere near the raw athlete Chad was. Sanu was probably ahead of Chad in the mental aspect of the game when he was a senior in high school. If he can get 60+ catches for 800+ yards this year, that will be a nice year.

I'd like to win the lottery too.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sanu, but he is nowhere near the raw athlete Chad was. Sanu was probably ahead of Chad in the mental aspect of the game when he was a sperm. If he can get 60+ catches for 800+ yards this year, that will be a nice year.

FIFY

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

please post Sanu's 2nd year stats.

also, you know damn well what he's basing his opinion on, his opinion of Chad, and his opinion on Sanu.
we'll know if he's right, but it does seem like a pretty lofty claim, but the stats don't matter here.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. Rey M. is staying a Bengal!

ORDER THE RINGS! WHO DEY!?!?!?