• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Free agency

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we really don't know what the Bengals saw when they met with these players.

for all we know, all they did was put them up in a hotel room and let them drink.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Manny Lawson, Terrence Newman, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, etc... Solid starters. We're not signing stars in the first few days if free agency, and there was no indication they were going to do so before free agency started. Do you go into free agency every year expecting us to sign 3-4 all pros? I have realistic expectations, no more, no less.

Do you also have realistic expectations for our season? If so, you'll be happy when we are one and done again in the playoffs, because that is this squad's absolute ceiling.

Do you have realistic expectations for the club's future? That would mean maybe one playoff win over the next decade - That's being generous.

I get the whole realist thing -- But it doesn't mean it can't make you mad or point out the issues on a message board.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Newman signed with the Raiders and Lawson with the Bills.

course you said "guys like them", maybe we'll find someone "similar"

The Duke

Free Born Man of the USA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Newman signed with the Raiders and Lawson with the Bills.

course you said "guys like them", maybe we'll find someone "similar"

We find guys like them most years. The team philosophy is build through the draft and plug holes in FA. Has been for years. Not sure why people are surprised now.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We find guys like them most years. The team philosophy is build through the draft and plug holes in FA. Has been for years. Not sure why people are surprised now.

We're not surprised. We're not happy, either. This team is a goddamned joke. We're gonna say it.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this recipe has provided what over the last 25 years? Somewhere between losing and mediocrity. We're not surprised dude....we're pissed!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Irsay is saying on twitter that the Colts have a blockbuster deal lined up for a WR.

I know I'm alone on this but he's one of my favorite owners in sports.

wonder who they're adding?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is saying on twitter that the Colts have a blockbuster deal lined up for a WR.

Larry Fitzgerald or Vincent Jackson. Those are my guesses.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Arizona trades their only offensive weapon? I can't see it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guys like Manny Lawson, Terrence Newman, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, etc... Solid starters. We're not signing stars in the first few days if free agency, and there was no indication they were going to do so before free agency started. Do you go into free agency every year expecting us to sign 3-4 all pros? I have realistic expectations, no more, no less.

I'm not going to waste any more time other than to say signing a 34 year old CB that fell into the 3rd tier of CB's available was not a "solid" signing nor starter.

BJGE - another mediocre signing/starter. Lawson was solid for a year.

Your expectations aren't realistic. You've just been sold a bag of "goodies" by Mike/Marvin that you've been fooled into believing is good and haven't come to your senses yet.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Arizona trades their only offensive weapon? I can't see it.

That's just my idea of "blockbuster." I'm sure Larry would love to get the hell out of there and they are pretty much in full rebuild mode. So, it could happen.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's just my idea of "blockbuster." I'm sure Larry would love to get the hell out of there and they are pretty much in full rebuild mode. So, it could happen.

To be fair "blockbuster" was my word and not his. He's been hyping it on twitter and saying they've been working on the deal for 5 days. It has to be a somewhat big name player.

People are guessing Victor Cruz because he's a RFA.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair "blockbuster" was my word and not his. He's been hyping it on twitter and saying they've been working on the deal for 5 days. It has to be a somewhat big name player.

People are guessing Victor Cruz because he's a RFA.

Oh ok. That would make much more sense. The Colts are already leaps and bounds better than us. Sad.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

yep....love irsay

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Irsay has exaggerated other signings, so I don't expect a Larry Fitzgerald, but it could be a mid-tier guy, a solid #2.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Irsay has exaggerated other signings, so I don't expect a Larry Fitzgerald, but it could be a mid-tier guy, a solid #2.

The only other time he did this (that I know of) was Vonte Davis. Not a marquee name, but they gave up a 2nd rd pick for him so their FO must have considered it a substantial move..

I think it'll be a probowl caliber WR if a move is a made. (not a Fitzgerald, but a big name player nonetheless)

Last edited by a moderator:

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on Emmanuel Sanders -- They'll give him an offer that Pitt can't match.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3