• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Detroit Lions Ongoing Thread

K

kengel6

Well (and that's a deep subject), its a new season, hope runs eternal, and the Lions were 3-1 in PS. Sunday, the Lions will WIN and be SB bound.
Hell, only 4 teams have NEVER played in the SB, and 3 of them are expansion teams. Can anyone name the 4 above mentioned none participating teams?:L

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #50 (finally)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well (and that's a deep subject), its a new season, hope runs eternal, and the Lions were 3-1 in PS. Sunday, the Lions will WIN and be SB bound.
Hell, only 4 teams have NEVER played in the SB, and 3 of them are expansion teams. Can anyone name the 4 above mentioned none participating teams?:L

Dude, give me a break. Pre-season? Really?

The Lions were 4-0 in the Pre-Season in the year they went 0-16.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millenball from Lee Ehlers

You didn't know? This shit never gets old, I could watch this once a day for life!!!!

Guess what day it is!! Hump Day!!!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, give me a break. Pre-season? Really?

The Lions were 4-0 in the Pre-Season in the year they went 0-16.

You really don't take this trolling thing very seriously do you? One word to the admin (who you trash-talked on the Bears thread, not very smart) from whomever made that post you're making fun of and you're no longer a 'Hoop member.

So were getting pretty serious at this point when we say STOP TROLLING OUR BOARD. Contrary to everything you've said since being called out you are, in fact, a troll (based on posts like this one) and you're not winning us all back over like you keep insisting you can. So if you like the posting on your Bears board then you need to stop trolling here. This site has awesome admins, and they don't mess around with people trolling other team's boards. You've been warned a few times now, so I'd say it's past time to stop pressing your luck and just head back to your home board.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP, he would just be banned from our board, not SportsHoopla entirely, unless he kept coming back. However, for as much as he seems to love it here, he probably should take ur advice and leave for a bit.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im rather sick of thew Stafford experiment. He is still inaccurate and unreliable. 5-10 passes are either to high or off some way. Which is saying a lot when you think he is throwing to Johnson a lot. I dont think hes the guy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im rather sick of thew Stafford experiment. He is still inaccurate and unreliable. 5-10 passes are either to high or off some way. Which is saying a lot when you think he is throwing to Johnson a lot. I dont think hes the guy.

the stafford experiment? we didn't bring him in as an unsigned free agent. he was the #1 pick overall. i'm lost on how everyone is going after Stafford right now. He is basically throwing to practice squad WRs against NFL defenses. His WRs last game were Kris Durham, Patrick Edwards, Kevin Ogletree and Ryan Broyles. At best, he has a couple #3 WRs right now without Calvin Johnson.

Stafford still has 1500+ passing to go with 8 tds and only 3 ints thru 5 games, while completing 64% of his passes.

When you take Calvin Johnson out of the Lions offense -- it is a completely different offense. The Defense can blitz when they want, move the safeties up, stuff the run, take Reggie Bush out of the passing game, etc. because Detroit doesn't have another option at WR for the defense to worry about.

Maybe Lions fans need to go back and watch some video of the QBs we have had in the past, so you can appreciate watching Stafford. He is LIGHT YEARS better than anything we have had in a long, long time. You don't throw for 10,000 over the last two years and then call him an experiment.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positives I saw were the Lions played on the road without CJ, The D-line still looked decent and Martin had 6 punts with a avg. of 51 yards, that is a pretty nice leg the kid has.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stafford experiment? we didn't bring him in as an unsigned free agent. he was the #1 pick overall. i'm lost on how everyone is going after Stafford right now. He is basically throwing to practice squad WRs against NFL defenses. His WRs last game were Kris Durham, Patrick Edwards, Kevin Ogletree and Ryan Broyles. At best, he has a couple #3 WRs right now without Calvin Johnson.

Stafford still has 1500+ passing to go with 8 tds and only 3 ints thru 5 games, while completing 64% of his passes.

When you take Calvin Johnson out of the Lions offense -- it is a completely different offense. The Defense can blitz when they want, move the safeties up, stuff the run, take Reggie Bush out of the passing game, etc. because Detroit doesn't have another option at WR for the defense to worry about.

Maybe Lions fans need to go back and watch some video of the QBs we have had in the past, so you can appreciate watching Stafford. He is LIGHT YEARS better than anything we have had in a long, long time. You don't throw for 10,000 over the last two years and then call him an experiment.
Unless all you do is throw the ball.

K

kengel6

The only positives I saw were the Lions played on the road without CJ, The D-line still looked decent and Martin had 6 punts with a avg. of 51 yards, that is a pretty nice leg the kid has.
Yale Lary Jr.? Ray Guy II? What school did this kid attend? App State in Boone NC?????:wtf2:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things didn't work so well for Sonny Gray te second time around. Nice to see professional hitters be able to lay off his off speed/breaking stuff out of the StrikeZone.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions go for the sweep of the state of Ohio next week.
We got the bengals at HOME.

Bengals almost lost to the Bills. there defense helped to get that win.
IF Calvin plays a bigger part and we don't turn the ball over.
we sweep Ohio!! seems so natural to do that don't it???

Lions 27 bengals 21

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that TE from UCLA??? the kid gets in the end zone. Better than butter finger Pettigrew.
toms better..and the kid has got slick dance moves in the end zone....