• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ I see all of these as possibilities and picked Michigan

I was very close to picking Northwestern to upset Nebraska also.

Michigan State has to hold Nebraska to 2 TD's or less to win I think, Michigan State is very bad on offense right now.

Yes their offense was putrid last year.

If they can get a turnover in Nebraska's red zone, get a classic T-Mart pick six, have Nebraska stall drives with 100 yds in penalties. Not outta the question.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State will do just fine this season and after looking their schedule I can see them going at least 9-3. They will sweep their non-conference to start 4-0 then add wins vs Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, Minny and either Nebraska or Wisky. Having 8 of their 12 games at home will be a huge advantage for the Lions.

Don't be surprised if Bill O'Brien decides to go with highly recruited QB Christen Hackenberg under center. Him along with our other 5 star recruit at TE Adam Breneman, RBs Zack Zwinack and Bill Belton, TE Kyle Carter and WRs Allen Robinson and Brandon Moseby could be a very high octane offense. Even if BO'B decides to go with Tyler Ferguson at QB, his size and arm strength will be a great asset.

Defensively, we have a new DC this season but PSu will still have that bend but don't break D they had last season.

EDIT: Yes I have PSU winning vs UM...that could go either way. PSU will go between 8-4 and 10-2 this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State will do just fine this season and after looking their schedule I can see them going at least 9-3. They will sweep their non-conference to start 4-0 then add wins vs Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, Minny and either Nebraska or Wisky. Having 8 of their 12 games at home will be a huge advantage for the Lions.

Don't be surprised if Bill O'Brien decides to go with highly recruited QB Christen Hackenberg under center. Him along with our other 5 star recruit at TE Adam Breneman, RBs Zack Zwinack and Bill Belton, TE Kyle Carter and WRs Allen Robinson and Brandon Moseby could be a very high octane offense. Even if BO'B decides to go with Tyler Ferguson at QB, his size and arm strength will be a great asset.

Defensively, we have a new DC this season but PSu will still have that bend but don't break D they had last season.

EDIT: Yes I have PSU winning vs UM...that could go either way. PSU will go between 8-4 and 10-2 this season.

9-3 or 10-2 with a true freshman QB and Receiver? That's really pushing it.

I can see 9-3 with the QB they had last year.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-3 or 10-2 with a true freshman QB and Receiver? That's really pushing it.

I can see 9-3 with the QB they had last year.

Hackenberg and Ferguson have better mechanics then McGloin did. Also PSU not only has that 5 star TE but Kyle Carter and Matt Lehman. As proof last year, O'Brien loves using those big TEs. Having the best WR in the B1G doesnt hurt either. :rollseyes:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackenberg and Ferguson have better mechanics then McGloin did. Also PSU not only has that 5 star TE but Kyle Carter and Matt Lehman. As proof last year, O'Brien loves using those big TEs. Having the best WR in the B1G doesnt hurt either. :rollseyes:

It's just the true freshman QB thing. That's a lot of responsibility for a young kid in the big leagues.

Hackenberg looked like he's got a ways to go when I watched him in an all-star game last spring. The game was a lot faster than he was used to.

I know Penn St's still got JoePa talent on the books, but depth also comes into play.

Just an average 'mature' QB executing O'Brien's system properly and I could see the 9-3.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ummm no... I will say they are lucky to get to 7. I would give you an avi betting line of 7.5 wins if your game...

1 week, avi of the winners choice. But just know, I dont play around in my avi selections

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm no... I will say they are lucky to get to 7. I would give you an avi betting line of 7.5 wins if your game...

1 week, avi of the winners choice. But just know, I dont play around in my avi selections

Were you one of those people who said last year PSU would get 4-5 wins before they went 8-4? I bet you were.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next league

130225034543_acc_bar_logo.jpg

ATLANTIC

1. Clemson Tigers 9-3(7-1) - Clemson find themselves having a very talented offense this year, and their bowl win over LSU was huge, they are the favorites to win the ACC. For how I have them, week one is a tough test against Georgia, both teams have some of the best offenses in college football, but both with questionable defenses, Clemson's defense was improved last year though but still gave up a lot of points some games, while Georgia lost a lot of talent there. This game will be down to who can outscore who, for now I have Georgia winning. Clemson wins the next 3 games easily, but because they tend to drop a game they should they drop a random game on the road against Syracuse, they take out frustration on Boston College before beating Florida State in the game for the division, they get challenged a little in the next two road games but win them. They then beat Georgia Tech in a tough one, as Georgia Tech has traditionally given them trouble, before beating The Citadel because Clemson apparently thinks its in the SEC now, Clemson loses yet another to rival South Carolina, which won't make their fans happy, at least they still have a chance for a BCS bowl at this point.

2. Florida State Seminoles 9-3(6-2) - The Noles finally broke through and made a BCS bowl for the first time in a while, and even won it. They lose a lot of starters this year though, so a little step back should happen, not a big one though as they still have more talent than most of the ACC. Florida State wins the first 4, maybe Pitt and Nevada might give them some issue but not much. of course as Florida State tends to do, they lose a random game they shouldn't at home against Maryland. Florida State loses a battle for the division to Clemson after that. They win the next 4, and then get caught looking ahead to the Florida game against Idaho and only score 63 against them, Florida State loses the rivalry game against Florida though.

3. Maryland Terps 8-4(5-3) - Maryland is certainly a battle tested team after last year, when you start a linebacker at QB, you've gone through everything. They should have a surprisingly good year. They start with wins in the first 3, before losing to West Virginia. Maryland does have a big moment when they upset Florida State on the road after the bye. They beat Virginia, but lose to Wake Forest and Clemson in consecutive weeks. Following another bye they beat Syracuse, but lose to Virginia Tech then win the last two.

4. Wake Forest Demon Deacons 6-6(4-4)- Wake Forest struggled a little last year, but should be good enough for a bowl game this year, Wake Forest wins the first two games with not much issue, but loses to UL-Monroe who is due to surprise someone this year, Wake Forest wins at Army, but then loses to Clemson. They beat NC State then Maryland after the bye, it gets challenging as they lose the next 3, but beat Duke at home before finishing with a loss to Vanderbilt.

5. North Carolina State Wolfpack 7-5(3-5) - NC State was inconsistent last year, they had some excellent performances and some dreadful ones, they even were dominated for a half against Florida State before playing the best half of the season in the second to pull the upset. Dave Doeren is a good coach but will see challenges in his first year here. NC State does win the first two, suffers their first loss on a Thursday to Clemson, but that's expected. NC State wins the next one, loses to Wake, then beats Syracuse. NC State goes on the road to Florida State after the bye, where Florida State will likely receive revenge, NC State then loses to rival North Carolina at home, but makes up for it by winning their next 3, including one over ECU which leaves NC State as the only ACC team to go unbeaten in non-conference play, NC State loses the regular season finale at home against Maryland.

6. Syracuse Orange 5-7(3-5) - Syracuse had an excellent year last year, but with a new head coach, things might get tough, plus they enter a new conferences, teams in new conferences tend to struggle, Syracuse isn't helped by a tough non-conference schedule. Syracuse loses the first two to Big 10 teams before winning the next two games. After the bye week they pick up their season highlight by once again pulling off a huge home upset that no one expected by beating Clemson. They lose the next two after that. Syracuse beats Wake Forest and Boston College but loses the 3 games in between.

7. Boston College Eagles 3-9(0-9) - Boston College has really fallen apart the past few years, not long ago they had a streak of 12 consecutive bowl appearances, they haven't made a bowl since that ended though. Boston College has a lot of returning starters but they have a long ways to go to begin winning more games again. They start with a win over Villanova, but lose the next 3 before beating Army. They lose 3 more, before a game on the road against New Mexico State, they win that one but anyone that's aware of it spends more time thinking of just how random that game is, while most will never know it happened. BC loses 3 more to end the year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dadburnit these 14 team leagues are annoying, can't everyone go back to 10??

COASTAL

1. Virginia Tech Hokies 10-2(7-1)Va.Tech surprisingly struggled last year, as a whole lot went wrong. This year Logan Thomas should be a lot better, and so will the team. They start with a loss to Alabama but don't get blown out of the water like everyone expects. Virginia Tech should win the next 3. They go on the road against Georgia Tech with only 5 days to prepare for their triple option, Virginia Tech needed overtime to beat them last year with months to prepare so they lose this one in an upset. They beat North Carolina in a tough one and get revenge on Pitt for last year's loss. Virginia Tech wins the next 5 after that, Miami(fl) will provide the greatest challenge of those.
2. North Carolina Tar Heels 8-4(5-3)- North Carolina ended up having a pretty solid season last year, and their offense should be very good this year, they're a team who could exceed these expectations. They start with a road loss to South Carolina but that's expected, they win the next game, but lose to Georgia Tech, they couldn't find a way to stop their triple option last year. North Carolina beats ECU then loses a tough one to Virginia Tech. After the bye they pick up a big win over Miami(fl) on Thursday night, the momentum carries to 3 more wins, before losing a road game to Pitt, and then easily winning the next two.
3. Miami(fl) Hurricanes 8-4(5-3) - Miami(fl) surprised a few people and had a pretty solid year last year, now they might be eligible for a bowl(but you never know with the NCAA having its own issues) Miami has some good talent on the team. Miami starts off with a win over Florida Atlantic, they lose a close one to Florida, they then play Savannah State(really???) everyone knows how that will go, Miami does have some struggles with USF, but wins, Miami then beats Georgia Tech as they haven't lose to them since 2008. Miami loses to North Carolina in a Thursday night game, beats Wake, but loses two tough games against Florida State and Virginia Tech. Miami closes out winning the last 3.
4. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 7-5(5-3) - Georgia Tech should have one of their better teams under Paul Johnson, but they have a tough schedule and things might get difficult late in the year. Georgia Tech wins the first two with ease, and really gets off to a good start when their option offense gives both North Carolina and Virginia Tech troubles and they win both, Miami(fl) hands them their first loss in a tough stretch, Georgia Tech goes on the road to BYU the next weekend and loses that one. Georgia Tech recovers and beats Syracuse, but loses an upset to Virgnia, then recovers again beating Pitt. After a bye Georgia Tech loses to Clemson but puts up a fight, Georgia Tech also apparently thinks they're in the SEC and they beat Alabama A&M, they lose to rival Georgia in the finale.
5. Virginia Cavaliers 4-8(3-5) - Got to give Virginia credit they really scheduled tough non-conference this year, unfortunately the tough schedule will lead to missing out on a bowl, if Mike London isn't fired the tests from this year should lead to a good one next year. Virgina starts off with losses in difficult home games against BYU and Oregon, but could at least put up a decent fight in both. They win the next two, but lose a non-conf game that was much tougher than expected when it was scheduled against Ball State who has a really good team this year, Virginia loses on the road against Maryland, but beats Duke and Georgia Tech, it looks promising at this point until you look at the schedule, they end the season with 4 of the 5 best ACC teams, all are losses for Virginia.
6. Pittsburgh Panthers 5-7(3-5) - Paul Chryst is a good coach, but he inherited a mess with so many coaching changes at Pitt recently, Pitt also moves to a new league making things more difficult for them. Pitt loses to Florida State in the opener, they do beat New Mexico and Duke, but lose to Virginia and Virginia Tech. Pitt beats Old Dominion but loses to Navy and Georgia Tech, Pitt plays 3 triple option offenses this year. Pitt plays Notre Dame at home, they lost to them in triple overtime on the road last year, they could win that one but I won't pick it. Pitt ends strong by beating North Carolina and Syracuse, and gives Miami(fl) some fits in a loss.
7. Duke Blue Devils 3-9(0-9) - Duke had themselves a great year by their standards last year making a bowl , unfortunately they lose some good starters and Duke doesn't have great depth, since they're Duke. Duke does start 2-0, but their only win after that is against Troy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have made Georgia Tech pink like Iowa, that color is just difficult to see

this is a challenging league to pick for me, teams like Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State are teams that always lose random games they shouldn't, tough to pick out which game it will be

though now that I think of it, Clemson didn't last year

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have made Georgia Tech pink like Iowa, that color is just difficult to see

this is a challenging league to pick for me, teams like Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State are teams that always lose random games they shouldn't, tough to pick out which game it will be

though now that I think of it, Clemson didn't last year

:happyshake: Certainly a rare thing. Let's hope that trend continues!! GO TIGERS!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Pitt go 3-9. :evil:

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas will surprise a lot of people this year. Their D sucked last year but got better the last half of the season which was nice. However, I think their offense will be much improved and hopefully negates how bad their Defense might be.

As much as people want to bash Ash, he still made a huge jump from his Freshman to Sophomore year and most QB's make their largest leap Sophomore to Junior year, which I am hoping is the case with Ash. Go ahead and laugh now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a couple times next year his name isn't mentioned as a Heisman candidate. They lost their offensive coordinator, but still have Applewhite who now moves in from assistant to head offensive coordinator and his plan was to make the system more simple, which means getting rid of all those dumb trick plays and also speeding up the offense. You take that and the fact we have a duel threat QB as another option and it will make this team hard to beat.

Texas should be 10-2, with a win against OU. Anything less than that and Mack Brown better start packing his bags, because according to him, this has always been the year we break through.

OU will have 3 or 4 losses this year, Stoops will be on the hot seat as A&M is taking a lot of recruits away from him. They also have a problem with their QB.

A&M should have a decent season as long as Manziel stays healthy, 10-2, with a guaranteed loss against Bama and another against LSU or some other sec team. If Manziel gets injured this team is a complete joke, 4 or 5 losses depending on which game Manziel gets knocked the fuck out. Their schedule is a complete joke, with Bama and LSU as their only decent opponents. Their OOC is laughable. Sam Houston Who? C'mon man!!! It looks like they have accustomed well to the sec scheduling local powderpuff teams to scrimmage.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas will surprise a lot of people this year. Their D sucked last year but got better the last half of the season which was nice. However, I think their offense will be much improved and hopefully negates how bad their Defense might be.

As much as people want to bash Ash, he still made a huge jump from his Freshman to Sophomore year and most QB's make their largest leap Sophomore to Junior year, which I am hoping is the case with Ash. Go ahead and laugh now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a couple times next year his name isn't mentioned as a Heisman candidate. They lost their offensive coordinator, but still have Applewhite who now moves in from assistant to head offensive coordinator and his plan was to make the system more simple, which means getting rid of all those dumb trick plays and also speeding up the offense. You take that and the fact we have a duel threat QB as another option and it will make this team hard to beat.

Texas should be 10-2, with a win against OU. Anything less than that and Mack Brown better start packing his bags, because according to him, this has always been the year we break through.

OU will have 3 or 4 losses this year, Stoops will be on the hot seat as A&M is taking a lot of recruits away from him. They also have a problem with their QB.

A&M should have a decent season as long as Manziel stays healthy, 10-2, with a guaranteed loss against Bama and another against LSU or some other sec team. If Manziel gets injured this team is a complete joke, 4 or 5 losses depending on which game Manziel gets knocked the fuck out. Their schedule is a complete joke, with Bama and LSU as their only decent opponents. Their OOC is laughable. Sam Houston Who? C'mon man!!! It looks like they have accustomed well to the sec scheduling local powderpuff teams to scrimmage.

it wouldn't surprise me too much if Texas was finally really good again this year

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you guys know that Nebraska is going to win the national championship this year

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So glad to see Harsin leave. Those trick plays might work in a scrub mid major conference, but doesn't work in a big boy conference. I'm glad to see Mack is going back to the offense that helped win a BCS title and played for another one (I was pissed when he broke away and went to that run oriented offense). This is also the type of offense that Ash ran in high school, so it suits him. I too have a feeling Ash is going to surprise people this year b/c of the different offensive scheme and having Major running it. I totally agree about Mack not being able to use the "we have had the youngest team in CFB the last 2 years". That has ran its course. Conference title, whip OU (not just beat, but fucking CLOWNSTOMP those bastards from Norman) and play in a BCS bowl; this has to happen.

Agree about Aggy; they are a Manziel injury away from being irrelevant again. Still, I enjoyed watching that little shit last year. Dude is legit and fun to watch. I really wouldn't mind watching Aggy get back to relevancy, but fuck they make it tough to wish them luck with the way these morons have been acting after having their 1 good year in the last 16 years and finishing in the top 5 for the 1st time since the 50's. Has anybody told lil bro you don't get a crystal ball for winning the Cotton Bowl? I just don't have the heart to break it to him.....

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad to see Harsin leave. Those trick plays might work in a scrub mid major conference, but doesn't work in a big boy conference. I'm glad to see Mack is going back to the offense that helped win a BCS title and played for another one (I was pissed when he broke away and went to that run oriented offense). This is also the type of offense that Ash ran in high school, so it suits him. I too have a feeling Ash is going to surprise people this year b/c of the different offensive scheme and having Major running it. I totally agree about Mack not being able to use the "we have had the youngest team in CFB the last 2 years". That has ran its course. Conference title, whip OU (not just beat, but fucking CLOWNSTOMP those bastards from Norman) and play in a BCS bowl; this has to happen.

Agree about Aggy; they are a Manziel injury away from being irrelevant again. Still, I enjoyed watching that little shit last year. Dude is legit and fun to watch. I really wouldn't mind watching Aggy get back to relevancy, but fuck they make it tough to wish them luck with the way these morons have been acting after having their 1 good year in the last 16 years and finishing in the top 5 for the 1st time since the 50's. Has anybody told lil bro you don't get a crystal ball for winning the Cotton Bowl? I just don't have the heart to break it to him.....

This sounds crazy to say cuz it is Texas were talking about here, but in Harsin's defense he didn't have the level of talent at Texas on offense that he did when he was running Boise's offense with stars like Kellen Moore, Doug Martin, Titus Young, Austin Pettis, several future NFL offensive linemen, etc. The list goes on and on. The talent he had to work with was just ridiculous in those years. I agree that the step up in competition probably played a role in his supposed "struggles" too. The offense was improving. Shit he was only there two years and offense wasn't UT's problem last year. The problem was their shitty defense combined with their shitty DC Diaz. They need to get rid of that guy.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds crazy to say cuz it is Texas were talking about here, but in Harsin's defense he didn't have the level of talent at Texas on offense that he did when he was running Boise's offense with stars like Kellen Moore, Doug Martin, Titus Young, Austin Pettis, several future NFL offensive linemen, etc. The list goes on and on. The talent he had to work with was just ridiculous in those years. I agree that the step up in competition probably played a role in his supposed "struggles" too. The offense was improving. Shit he was only there two years and offense wasn't UT's problem last year. The problem was their shitty defense combined with their shitty DC Diaz. They need to get rid of that guy.

eb6.jpg