• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offenses he ran at Boise when he was OC (2006-2010) were supperior to Texas' in 2011 and 2012. He had better players plain and simple. I'm sorry bro but it's the truth. Those were damn good teams too. Here's where Boise finished in the polls when he was there (#6, NR, #11, #4, and #7).

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Boise, I understand some of what you are saying. Texas had a young QB, but a lack of talent wasn't their problem. It was all about coaching. Texas spent 10 years winning at least 10 games. Mack was the one who made the excuse this was a young team and 2013 would be their year. I am still not sold on that notion. He also stated that after losing to Bama in the NC game he let down his guard. Texas went from playing for a national championship to 5-7 in one year, while at the same time having top 5 recruiting classes each and every year. Lack of talent was never a problem, Harsin just tried to take what he knew and assume it would work at Texas. I don't doubt several years down the road he could have made Texas better, but Harsin is great at taking less talent and making them look better in a weaker conference or at least a beneficiary of Peterson's coaching.

Texas was in desperate need of a change at OC, and people were quick to blame Greg Davis, which given he only had three plays in his playbook and relied heavily on the QB to take his broke ass plays and make something out of them I totally agree with. But given the talent Texas had with the option and duel threat QB's why they would go back to a pro style offense with a coordinator that sucks, being Greg at the time, falls all on Macks shoulders. Maybe Mack wouldn't let Harsin use what worked in the past, or maybe Harsin assumed that his pro style would work in the Big 12, but clearly it didn't. He was incapable of making changes and utilizing what they had, not a good sign of a good OC. That said there was talk when Harsin was hired, that he wasn't really the master mind behind Boise's offense, that it was the head coach that made all the calls, his system and Harsin was just to beneficiary of Peterson's play calling.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offenses he ran at Boise when he was OC (2006-2010) were supperior to Texas' in 2011 and 2012. He had better players plain and simple. I'm sorry bro but it's the truth. Those were damn good teams too. Here's where Boise finished in the polls when he was there (#6, NR, #11, #4, and #7).

Boise played shit teams. You could take at least 15 teams those years, and if you gave them Boise's schedule they would have been undefeated and maybe played for a NC. Sure an OC can look really good with a system in place as long as they play against crap and get lucky once a year against a decent team.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsin's problem was he tried to install the full playbook, when all he needed was a few pages. He took a young team and tried to teach them calculus when they just figured out how to add and subtract. He should have known that he needed to start slow and then build it up but I think Harsin never planned on staying at Texas long. He used Texas just like most of the coordinators have in the past as a stepping stone to being a head coach. That said Mack kind of brings that problem to our team, which is why I think we have been so bad the past few years. Mack is great at recruiting, he is a great CEO, but like Jerry Jones, can't coach, so he relies heavily on our coordinators to coach the team.

When you see him on the sideline, he acts more like a man who made a bet with money to lose, and wonders which one of his coordinators will bail him out and less like a coach who knows when to take control and install his game plan.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise played shit teams. You could take at least 15 teams those years, and if you gave them Boise's schedule they would have been undefeated and maybe played for a NC. Sure an OC can look really good with a system in place as long as they play against crap and get lucky once a year against a decent team.

And when they didn't play shit teams when Harsin was there, they kicked their asses.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Texas' offense good last year? And that was with shitty QBs like Ash and McCoy leading the team. That was only his second year bro and they were improving. It was the defense that sucked cock last year, no? Am I tripping? "Miss remembering" like Roger Clemens? Imagine how much higher they would have finished in the polls if their defense was even halfway decent. They would have been right there.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Texas' offense good last year? And that was with shitty QBs like Ash and McCoy leading the team. That was only his second year bro and they were improving. It was the defense that sucked cock last year, no? Am I tripping? "Miss remembering" like Roger Clemens? Imagine how much higher they would have finished in the polls if their defense was even halfway decent. They would have been right there.

Okay you are wrong. You have been corrected. They had a good offense, yes, but when they played a close game or against decent teams their game plan never changed. Instead of using what worked in the past, they tried too many gimmick/trick plays which blew up in their faces more times than not. These were the same plays that Harsin copied off of Petersen's note pad, not knowing when and how to use them at the right time. Knowing they were a young team, they would have been better off utilizing their speed guys, like goodwin and a couple others, over the triple reverse, a classic Harsin move.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did they play again besides OU who at 3:30 still sucks?

Oh I don't know. Beating teams like EOY #11 Oklahoma, #21 Oregon State, #9 Oregon, #11 Oregon, #6 TCU, and #15 Virginia Tech while he was there come to mind. And every one of them would have finished ranked much higher had they not had the misfortune of scheduling and losing to Boise.

Oklahoma, Oregon, and Virginia Tech were all conference champions in those seasons too. Are those shit teams? In his five years Boise went undefeated twice and won two Fiesta Bowls. Their second worst season was when they finished 11th in 2008 when he was there. I don't care what anyone says Harsin coached some damn good players at Boise, a bunch of fucking studs actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just letting you know I actually think Harsin had he stayed at Texas might have had success. But I disagree with your claim Boise had more talent. Boise recruits players that can work well with the system at place, while Texas recruits the best of the best and sometimes that doesn't work well with the system the coaches have installed. I am a disgruntled Texas fan, who can see all the great things Mack has done with the program, but at the same time can see how he might be past his prime. He made Texas into a program that can recruit whoever it wants, but you can only do so much with raw talent. Some coaches work better at smaller schools while other coaches work better at bigger schools. Our problem is our head coach doesn't coach, he was once known as one of the best recruiter, but relied a lot on his coordinators and talent. What we need as a head coach is a coach, who can take the talent we recruit easily and turn them into pros. Harsin was just a bad fit. Gary Peterson might be our best option now that Saban is out of the mix.

I didn't mean to dog you, Harsin will probably be a good coach somewhere, but Texas was just not the ideal place for him.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You raise good points. One thing I do know is that most of the starters in Harsin's Boise offenses are now playing or played in the NFL. Not some, not half, most as in if you were a starter on those Boise offenses in those years you had a better than a 50% chance of making it into the league. He really had some great players to work with albeit against weaker competition. I agree with you on Mack though. Fabulous recruiter (although he's dipped a little lately) and not much of an actual coach.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't know. Beating teams like EOY #11 Oklahoma, #21 Oregon State, #9 Oregon, #11 Oregon, #6 TCU, and #15 Virginia Tech while he was there come to mind. And every one of them would have finished ranked much higher had they not had the misfortune of scheduling and losing to Boise.

Oklahoma, Oregon, and Virginia Tech were all conference champions in those seasons too. Are those shit teams? In his five years Boise went undefeated twice and won two Fiesta Bowls. Their second worst season was when they finished 11th in 2008 when he was there. I don't care what anyone says Harsin coached some damn good players at Boise, a bunch of fucking studs actually.

OU sucks, and it's 4:14, and I am referring to oklahomo. Bragging about beating Oregon State is like bragging about beating Texas Tech. Was Vick QB when you beat Vtech otherwise who gives a shit about v tech, and TCwhodidtheyplaythatyearbesidesyou? Give up.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You raise good points. One thing I do know is that most of the starters in Harsin's Boise offenses are now playing or played in the NFL. Not some, not half, most as in if you were a starter on those Boise offenses in those years you had a better than a 50% chance of making it into the league. He really had some great players to work with albeit against weaker competition. I agree with you on Mack though. Fabulous recruiter (although he's dipped a little lately) and not much of an actual coach.

Okay well you posted while I was making my last comment, so forget about what I said, OU sucks, Oregon was decent and the rest of the teams you listed I guess look good on paper.

Longhorn4Life

Hook'em
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise the last thing I will post in this drunken argument is Harsin has yet to prove himself. He was always under the umbrella of Petersen's play calling. It was Petersen's system, all Harsin did was take his playbook and try and install it at Texas which didn't work. Had Petersen been at our OC I doubt he would have tried to install the whole package right off the bat. Instead he probably would have used the talent we had and tried something different which is why he is a great head coach. Boise didn't win all of those games because of Harsin, they won them because Petersen was their coach.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got to see the stats on this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem Mookie.....Notre Dame fans did a lot of chirping also....LOL...I think we all know the SEC dominates the Big10 so I'm not so sure your "fix" is going to resonate with anyone. Urban is up there trying to make your boys look like the Gators....not gonna happen.

1 year and 1 undefeated one. I would say that is a hell of start, considering tOSU had their worst record ever the yr before.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work so far BSU fan!