• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next conference is

Mountain+West+logo+2011.png

WEST

1. Fresno State Bulldogs 10-2(6-2) - Fresno State made a lot of progress last year, and with Derek Carr returning they should be even better, some have them in the top 25 preseason. I have them starting 3-0, Rutgers will be tough and Colorado can't possibly be much easier to beat than they were last year. Fresno State does lose at home to Boise State, some want to pick them to win, but they have lost every game to Boise State since 2005, and most haven't even been close. Fresno State wins a road game over Hawai'i before a significantly easier road game against Idaho, which no one knows why they're playing there. After the bye Fresno State beats UNLV, but then loses an upset to San Diego State, Fresno State finishes up winning the last 4.
2. Nevada Wolfpack 6-6(5-3) - I was doom and gloom on Nevada for a while, I took time to really look at their team though and they should be pretty good, and with a very difficult non-conference schedule paired with tough conference road games, they better be really good just to make a bowl. Nevada could give UCLA fits on the road for the opener, but chances are they lose, Nevada wins the next one easy but then goes on the road again, to play Florida State, Nevada once again might give them fits, but lose. Nevada beats Hawai'i easily, before a home game against Air Force, Nevada did not have an answer for Air Force's option offense last year, I'm not sure if that will change, so I have them losing that one, Nevada does recover and surprises San Diego State on the road. After the bye is yet another difficult road game, this time against Boise State, they lose that one, they beat rival UNLV in tougher fashion than usual. Nevada then has yet another tough road game against Fresno State, they lose that one too. Nevada does beat Colorado State on the road, Colorado State is another that will be tough, Nevada then plays San Jose State at home and wins, before getting BYU at home in the finale, they lose that. Nevada plays possibly 5 top 25 teams this year, if they upset one, it will be a good year.
3. UNLV Runnin Rebels 6-6(4-4) - UNLV has been having some bad years for a while now, last year they were a few plays from starting out 4-0, and we're a few more from 7 wins. This year with an incredible 18 returning starts and a good coach in Bobby Hauck, UNLV should hit a breakthrough. UNLV starts out with two tough losses vs Minnesota and Arizona, both will be close games, and I can see UNLV winning both. UNLV wins the next 4 games to really get rolling though. Tough road games against Fresno State and Nevada result in losses, but UNLV picks up a big win over San Jose State, they lose to Utah State and Air Force though, UNLV does end the regular season by beating San Diego State and becoming bowl eligible.
4. San Jose State Spartans 7-5(4-4) - San Jose State had arguably their best year ever last year, but MacIntyre is gone now, San Jose State still has a top draft prospect in QB David Fales so while they won't hit 11 wins again, they should still be really good, but the MWC is a much tougher league than the Wac was, so the schedule is significantly better. San Jose State wins the opener before traveling to play Stanford, they gave Stanford all they could handle last year, but lost by 3, San Jose State will give them a challenge again this year, but won't come as close to winning. After the bye San Jose State does notch a quality win over Minnesota, and really goes on a roll beating Utah State the following week, and then winning the two games after that, it starts to get more difficult as they lose at home to an improved Wyoming team, then on the road to UNLV. They do pick up a win over San Diego State at home, then lose on the road to Nevada. They play Navy after that, last year they shut them out, so they know how to stop the triple option very well, so they win that one, they finish with a loss to Fresno State though.
5. San Diego State Aztecs 6-6(4-4) - San Diego State had a really good year last year highlighted by a road win over Boise State. This year the schedule is more difficult with quality additions to the MWC, and Ohio State instead of Washington, and Oregon State instead of Army non-conference. They did get hot late last year, but it's tough to see a great year from them as the passing game will be an issue this year. San Diego State will start with an easy win, before playing on the road against Ohio State, it's tough to see them succeed running against Ohio State's talented defensive front, and San Diego State doesn't stand a chance passing the ball, they might rip off a big run early for a lead, but that will be the highlight. After the bye they get a home game against Oregon State, unfortunately Oregon State is another team with a tough defensive front once again it will be tough to run and passing won't work. San Diego State wins the next one but loses on the road to Nevada, before beating Air Force on the road. San Diego State pulls off the strongest game of the year against Fresno State at home and wins, they lose to San Jose State the next week, but beat Hawai'i before losing the last two to Boise State and UNLV.
6. Hawai'i Warriors 2-10(1-7) - With so many other good teams in the MWC and non conference games against USC, Oregon State and Navy, this won't be a good year for Hawai'i. Hawai'i starts off 0-6 they don't really get close to winning any of those, they do take advantage of Colorado State's first trip to the island and pick up their lone MWC win, before losing their next 4, but they pick up a home win over Army in the season finale.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate splitting these into two parts

MOUNTAIN

1. Boise State Broncos 10-2(8-0) - We only return 9 starters this year, but we do return some good ones, we play a very difficult schedule this year, especially on the road, almost every team we play on the road makes a bowl in these predictions, as many as 3 of them could be in the top 25 by season's end. This year the offense should be better, but I'm worried about our secondary on defense. For the opener against Washington it's going to be a tough one, both of us are expecting a win in this one, it will go down to the wire, I trust Petersen to cook something up to win this one. The next game is a joke we win it, after that we play Air Force on a Friday, this game concerns me because we struggle against the triple option, last year New Mexico scored the most points against us, and they of course run the triple option, it's a big weakeness for our defense, this will be the 3rd year in a row we've played a team like that so we can't be much worse, I say we pull off the win, the next week we go on the road against Fresno State, we have beaten them every year since 2005, and I see us continuing that, but they will challenge us more than they have since that year. We then beat Southern Miss but they're going to be a lot better than last year, we then play a road game against Utah State, they worry me a lot, I have us losing this one, as their defense gives us fits and Chuckie Keeton manages to expose some weaknesses in the secondary. We win at home against Nevada to recover, but then go on the road against a tough BYU team that we couldn't score an offensive TD against last year, it will be another low scoring one and that has me worried so I have us losing this one too. We win on the road against Colorado State, and after the bye beat Wyoming. After that we win on the road against San Diego State, Petersen isn't going to let us lose 2 in a row, plus their bad passing offense won't be able to exploit our secondary. We finish at home against New Mexico, hopefully we stop their option offense better this year.
2. Utah State Aggies 7-5(5-3) - Utah State had one of their best years ever last year, finishing with 11 wins, this year they move into a new conference play a tougher schedule and have a new head coach. So they won't have 11 wins again this year but will still be very good. Utah State opens on the road against Utah and gives them all they can handle in that one but loses. Utah then goes on the road against Air Force, they don't really have any experience against the triple option so I see that posing troubles for them in a loss. They win the next one easy, then pull off a major upset over USC, after several Kiffin follies and turnovers help Utah State win that one, Utah State has a hangover from that one and loses to San Jose State thanks to a short week, they get BYU at home but lose in a very low scoring game. They pull another major upset, this time at home against Boise State, their season really takes off as the schedule is significantly easier after that tough opening stretch, Utah State wins those last 5.
3. Wyoming Cowboys 8-4(5-3) - Wyoming is on this back and forth trend of good years then bad years, this year is in line to be a good year, so I see them improving. Wyoming starts out against Nebraska on the road, they put up a fight but lose by double digits. Wyoming wins the next two easily, then play Air Force on the road, after what happened last year Christiansen will put all his efforts in winning this game so I have them winning it. Wyoming wins the next 4 easily, then picks up a big road win over San Jose State. Wyoming has a great record at this point but they face a tough stretch with 3 of their last 4 being against Fresno State, Boise State and Utah State, they lose the 3 to those but beat Hawai'i.
4. Air Force Falcons 6-6(4-4) - Air Force faces a tough slate this year and they don't return a lot of starters, but Troy Calhoun is a great coach and should bring them to another bowl. Air Force starts with a win over Colgate, I'm not entirely sure who that is. They take advantage of Utah State's inexperience vs the option and win that one. They give Boise State a fight on the road but lose, before losing to a determined Wyoming team. Air Force beats Nevada on the road as Nevada doesn't really know how to stop the option. They then play a tough road game against Navy, it's a close one every year but this year Navy has more weapons and beats Air Force. They lose after a short week to San Diego State and have a bye before playing Notre Dame, but they're not going to win that one. Air Force wins the next 3 before losing the finale to Colorado State.
5. Colorado State Rams 6-7(2-6) - Colorado State had it rough last year yet McElwain found a way to win 4 games last year, Colorado State's schedule doesn't do them many favors this year, but they might find a way to a bowl. Colorado State opens with a win over rival Colorado, and then beats a solid Tulsa team, and wins the next one to start 3-0. The unbeaten record won't last unfortunately because they play Alabama on the road in a game they scheduled as their 13th game. Colorado State wins at home against UTEP. After that the MWC schedule comes into play they lose the next 5, Hawai'i is the worst opponent in those but it's on the island. Colorado State finally picks up a conference win over New Mexico, before losing on the road to Utah State but then beating Air Force. Unfortunately in this scenario, picking up the 13th game against Alabama for money keeps them from a bowl.
6. New Mexico Lobos 3-9(0-8) - New Mexico got off to a great start last year, really surprising people unfortunately they faded and lost their last 6. This year they're still finding pieces but they have some good talent at running back and the offensive line, so they could exceed these expectations. New Mexico wins the first 2, but loses on the road to Pitt. They lose to UNLV, then beat New Mexico State unfortunately they don't win one after that, but you never know.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed UNLV's record

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really big drop offs after the top team on each side.

I'd have thought SDSU would have held momentum longer than they did. They seemed really committed to get to and maintaining a level when they brought in Hoke.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSF27 - Solid analysis, but I've gotta ask - How in the world can you have the Big 12 listed as being a better conference than the B1G? You project 25% of the B1G to have a better record than the Big 12 conference champ, and we saw your Big 12 champ just get beaten by a below-average B1G team last year. Ohio State is far better than anything the Big 12 has to offer, that's for sure. It just seems like the Big 12 is full of some above average teams, a couple of average teams, and then a couple of terrible teams. You said they are the deepest conference because 80% of the teams are bowl eligible, yet 75% of the B1G is, and we are exponentially better at the top.

Not being an ass, I just want to hear you compare the 2.

EDIT: BTW - I think you need to tweak the in-conference records for the Big 12. I counted the overall record as being 44-46.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to see the stats on this.

Gladly. I'm not going to do all five seasons though. I don't have time for that. I'll do the offensive players that played for Harsin in his first and final years there (2006 and 2010). I won't include guys like Jared Zabransky at QB or guys Jerard Rabb and Jeremy Childs at WR who were on NFL practice squads but never made the official 53 man roster. You'll see the names of NINE offensive players who are or were on NFL rosters:

1. Ryan Clady (LT) - maybe you've heard of him, referred to my many as the best O-lineman in the entire NFL
2. Legedu Naanee (WR)
3. Drisan James (WR)
4. Julian Hawkins (WR)
5. Ritchie Brockel (TE)
6. Tommy Gallarda (TE)
7. Derek Schouman (TE)
8. Brad Lau (FB)
9. Ian Johnson (RB)

Wait until I post the 2010 team. You want to talk about some ballers. As I said before, Harsin coached a bunch of fucking studs at Boise. And no one coaches them up and develops them like Petersen. He must have felt like a kid in a candy store when he was there with all those weapons.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to see the stats on this.

Here some more for you bud. Again, these aren't practice squad players, these are guys on the official 53 man NFL roster. And since he left following the 2010 season, there are several other players that are now juniors and seniors that he coached that will eventually be on NFL rosters, guys like Charles Leno and Matt Paradis on the offensive lines and others too. But for now I'll show you the offensive players that he had that made rosters, every one but Titus Young are currently on NFL teams. Again there is NINE of them. Nine bro and that list will grow when the juniors and seniors leave. God only knows what the number will be then, but for now here is what it is:

1. Titus Young (WR)
2. Austin Pettis (WR)
3. D.J. Harper (RB)
4. Kellen Moore (QB)
5. Doug Martin (RB)
6. Nate Potter (OT)
7. Kyle Efaw (TE)
8. Tommy Gallarda (TE)
9. Tyler Shoemaker (WR)

Look at that list of players. Are you kidding me? He had talent coming out of his ears. So when I say most of his starters made NFL rosters, I mean it. Shit, several of his back ups made it too. You what to compare the actual talent that he had at Texas in 2011 and 2012 to what he had at Boise when he was there from 2006-2010, there is no fucking comparison whatsoever. I don't care how well Texas recruits. I stand by my comments earlier. Ask Harsin who had the more talented players to work with on offense. It's a no-brainer. It's not close.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSF27 - Solid analysis, but I've gotta ask - How in the world can you have the Big 12 listed as being a better conference than the B1G? You project 25% of the B1G to have a better record than the Big 12 conference champ, and we saw your Big 12 champ just get beaten by a below-average B1G team last year. Ohio State is far better than anything the Big 12 has to offer, that's for sure. It just seems like the Big 12 is full of some above average teams, a couple of average teams, and then a couple of terrible teams. You said they are the deepest conference because 80% of the teams are bowl eligible, yet 75% of the B1G is, and we are exponentially better at the top.

EDIT: BTW - I think you need to tweak the in-conference records for the Big 12. I counted the overall record as being 44-46.

The Big 12, has a lot of good teams, but they will all beat each other us is what I'm saying

I personally think Ohio State is better than all of them, but the top 6 Big 12 games would win head to head matchups against the rest of the big 10, Wisconsin and Nebraska may beat one or two of those but that's it.

the top 4 conferences are much higher than the ACC though

also look at the Big 12 non-conf records, I believe TCU losing to LSU is the Big 12s only loss

I'm going to check how that didn't add up though

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12, has a lot of good teams, but they will all beat each other us is what I'm saying

I personally think Ohio State is better than all of them, but the top 6 Big 12 games would win head to head matchups against the rest of the big 10, Wisconsin and Nebraska may beat one or two of those but that's it.

also look at the Big 12 non-conf records, I believe TCU losing to LSU is the Big 12s only loss

Just look at Ohio States schedule line by line next to Oklahomas. The difference is glaring. Oklahoma will have a much tougher path.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gladly. I'm not going to do all five seasons though. I don't have time for that. I'll do the offensive players that played for Harsin in his first and final years there (2006 and 2010). I won't include guys like Jared Zabransky at QB or guys Jerard Rabb and Jeremy Childs at WR who were on NFL practice squads but never made the official 53 man roster. You'll see the names of NINE offensive players who are or were on NFL rosters:

1. Ryan Clady (LT) - maybe you've heard of him, referred to my many as the best O-lineman in the entire NFL
2. Legedu Naanee (WR)
3. Drisan James (WR)
4. Julian Hawkins (WR)
5. Ritchie Brockel (TE)
6. Tommy Gallarda (TE)
7. Derek Schouman (TE)
8. Brad Lau (FB)
9. Ian Johnson (RB)

Wait until I post the 2010 team. You want to talk about some ballers. As I said before, Harsin coached a bunch of fucking studs at Boise. And no one coaches them up and develops them like Petersen. He must have felt like a kid in a candy store when he was there with all those weapons.

Alright, by "playing or played", I assumed you meant had actually played. Only 4 of those 9 have ever actually seen game experience. Also, I already looked at 2010. Martin is definitely a stud. Otherwise, there's nothing spectacular. Austin Pettis seems to be moving further down the depth chart in St. Louis, Kellen Moore is fighting to be the 3rd stringer in Detroit, and Titus Young while talented, accomplished little before now being basically kicked out of the league.

Not trying to take away from Boise, you guys have put out an amazing product on the field for what you have available, but I'm not sure I'd be calling any of those teams amazing in terms of talent on an individual basis. That's also a huge kudos to Petersen.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be foolish. There is no comparison between the Big 12 and Big 10. The gap is wide. Of the big five, the Big 10 clearly comes in at fourth best (second worst I suppose?). It's actually a borderline shitty conference, especially for an AQ. The PAC and Big 12 are simply way better. I don't need to get into the SEC which is obviously head and shoulders better than all of them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a 45-45 total record for the Big 12

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at Ohio States schedule line by line next to Oklahomas. The difference is glaring. Oklahoma will have a much tougher path.

:agree: Again, no comparison between the two conferences as in not close.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't say I agree with that. I think Ohio State, Wisconsin and Nebraska would beat any team in the Big 12 (except Nebraska vs. Texas, which just doesn't happen :L), and I think Michigan and Northwestern would probably go 4-2 at worst against the Big 12 top 6. TCU is good but far from great, and you have them as the Big 12's best. Texas still has Mack Brown, which is bad enough. Oklahoma State, IMO, is the cream of the Big 12, and I think they would beat all in the B1G outside of OSU, Wisconsin and Michigan this year. I guess I just don't see the "depth" you speak of. I'll do a seperate post on this as to not clutter things up with a quoted post.

I see 2 tough road games in ND and Oklahoma State. ND is a good team, but they are going to struggle a bit this year. Also, you can't sit there and act like OU playing them is a notch in the Big 12's belt when 3 B1G teams also play them.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be foolish. There is no comparison between the Big 12 and Big 10. The gap is wide. Of the big five, the Big 10 clearly comes in at fourth best (second worst I suppose?). It's actually a borderline shitty conference, especially for an AQ. The PAC and Big 12 are simply way better. I don't need to get into the SEC which is obviously head and shoulders better than all of them.

... care to use any actual facts to back that up? I see plenty of early polls that have the B1G with as many or more ranked teams than either the Pac or Big 12. I wouldn't say we're better than the Pac this year, but we are certainly better than the Big 12. There are heavy personnel losses for most of their top teams from last year with many of them replacing their starting QB.

TEXAS - Brings back the most starters, but they still are greatly hindered by a bad coaching staff and they also have had trouble establishing a true leader on their offense a la VY or Colt as they have in the past when they've been truly great. The offense now can REALLY struggle and go through some inconsistent lulls that leave you scratching your head. They have plenty of defensive talent, but they've had a rough go of showing it recently. Manny Diaz has lost a lot of steam as one of the top assistant's in the nation.

TCU - This was a decent team last year but hardly great. They bring back Pachall, but after being out for a year, how good will he be?

OK STATE - This is my choice for conference champ, as they seem to be the most complete. However, they have to replace Joseph Randle, who was a huge part of the offense, as well as the interior 3 starting offensive linemen, which is never an easy thing.

OKLAHOMA - As if replacing Landry Jones isn't bad enough, their defense is a wreck. They have 0 pass rush, had the 80th ranked rush defense, and are basically completely rebuilding. This is not going to be an elite team.

BAYLOR - They could surprise some, but they are not going to be as fortunate replacing last year's starting QB as they were replacing RG3. Nick Florence already had experience going into last season. The same can't be said this season. Their likely starter, Bryce Petty, has all of 14 pass attempts to his name. Plus, don't forget which defense we're talking about. They will lean heavily on Seastrunk, and should anything happen to him, they are in major, major trouble.

If I'm missing something, tell me. I just don't see how they are so much better than the B1G this year.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Code:
... care to use any actual facts to back that up? I see plenty of early polls that have the B1G with as many or more ranked teams than either the Pac or Big 12. I wouldn't say we're better than the Pac this year, but we are certainly better than the Big 12. There are heavy personnel losses for most of their top teams from last year with many of them replacing their starting QB.

TEXAS - Brings back the most starters, but they still are greatly hindered by a bad coaching staff and they also have had trouble establishing a true leader on their offense a la VY or Colt as they have in the past when they've been truly great. The offense now can REALLY struggle and go through some inconsistent lulls that leave you scratching your head. They have plenty of defensive talent, but they've had a rough go of showing it recently. Manny Diaz has lost a lot of steam as one of the top assistant's in the nation.

TCU - This was a decent team last year but hardly great. They bring back Pachall, but after being out for a year, how good will he be?

OK STATE - This is my choice for conference champ, as they seem to be the most complete. However, they have to replace Joseph Randle, who was a huge part of the offense, as well as the interior 3 starting offensive linemen, which is never an easy thing.

OKLAHOMA - As if replacing Landry Jones isn't bad enough, their defense is a wreck. They have 0 pass rush, had the 80th ranked rush defense, and are basically completely rebuilding. This is not going to be an elite team.

BAYLOR - They could surprise some, but they are not going to be as fortunate replacing last year's starting QB as they were replacing RG3. Nick Florence already had experience going into last season. The same can't be said this season. Their likely starter, Bryce Petty, has all of 14 pass attempts to his name. Plus, don't forget which defense we're talking about. They will lean heavily on Seastrunk, and should anything happen to him, they are in major, major trouble.

If I'm missing something, tell me. I just don't see how they are so much better than the B1G this year.

In the post you responded to I was comparing Oklahomas schedule to tOSUs. You identified 4 teams you thought were the toughest in the Big 12. While you can stack the ladder any way you want, I just don't see it making a big difference. Starting with the top 4 here is my side by side...

Big 12 first then B1G

Oklahoma State v. Wisconsin
Notre Dame v. Michigan
Texas v. Northwestern
TCU v. Penn State

All 4 tough matchups, but do you really see this more than a wash? Personally give a 3-1 edge to the Big 12. Now the rest...

Kansas State v. Iowa
Baylor v. Cal
West virginia v. Illinois
Texas Tech v. SDSU
Iowa State v. Purdue
Tulsa v. Indiana
ULM v. Florida A&M
Kansas v. Buffalo

Am I crazy or is this an Oklahoma landslide? You asked.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
Big 12 probably will not be as good this yr. A lot of new QBs starting this yr. Texas SHOULD be the class of the Big 12, but nobody is ready to sign off on that one.

TCU- I was realy high on them, but Devonte Fields suspension has tempered my expectations. LSU game went to a real battle to a loss. 2 yrs in a row that the best player went off the rails.

OSU- very good. Some NFL talent on defense. I still think they are step below in overalll talent from the elite, but can beat anyone on a given day.

OU- this should be a weak OU team. Saving grace is they have the best OL in the Big 12. Defense was gutted. Colvin is a stud, maybe the best cover CB in nation. Will be interesting to see what the offense runs.

KSU- great coach, but expectations are too high. Lost everything. If they are over .500 in the conference I would be shocked.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Code:

In the post you responded to I was comparing Oklahomas schedule to tOSUs. You identified 4 teams you thought were the toughest in the Big 12. While you can stack the ladder any way you want, I just don't see it making a big difference. Starting with the top 4 here is my side by side...

Big 12 first then B1G

Oklahoma State v. Wisconsin
Notre Dame v. Michigan
Texas v. Northwestern
TCU v. Penn State

All 4 tough matchups, but do you really see this more than a wash? Personally give a 3-1 edge to the Big 12. Now the rest...

Kansas State v. Iowa
Baylor v. Cal
West virginia v. Illinois
Texas Tech v. SDSU
Iowa State v. Purdue
Tulsa v. Indiana
ULM v. Florida A&M
Kansas v. Buffalo

Am I crazy or is this an Oklahoma landslide? You asked.

First off, I would put SDSU higher on the list, they are a borderline ranked team this year, and I'd take them over Kansas State. When you're comparing the bottom 6 games against horrible teams, what's the point? With those top 4, all of those games would be toss-ups IMO. Landslide? Hardly. Also, why are you comparing a team who is projected to finish 4th in the conference vs. one who is projected to finish 1st? I also didn't ask about Oklahoma's schedule per se, I moreso asked why you thought the Big 12 was tougher.