• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see us as having been seperated from LSU all that much.

I am interested in how LSU will be next year, I think that will be the big tell on how LSU is moving forward.

for whatever reason Bama and LSU play epic games damn near every time out. That is the best CFB matchup going in my book. But Bama as a whole is quite superior to LSU as a whole last season.

I think the most anticipated matchup is early in the season... aTm vs Bama. Cant wait. I have no idea what to expect. 1st time in how long Bama has played at Kyle Field... Will be awesome...

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see us as having been seperated from LSU all that much.

I am interested in how LSU will be next year, I think that will be the big tell on how LSU is moving forward.

They lost a ton to the NFL on defense (as you know). I'm sure there's some studs waiting in the wings to step up and fill those shoes though. There could be some early growing pains. The offense should be dare I say almost explosive(?). Possibly.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for whatever reason Bama and LSU play epic games damn near every time out. That is the best CFB matchup going in my book. But Bama as a whole is quite superior to LSU as a whole last season.

I think the most anticipated matchup is early in the season... aTm vs Bama. Cant wait. I have no idea what to expect. 1st time in how long Bama has played at Kyle Field... Will be awesome...

Les Miles practices voodoo.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost a ton to the NFL on defense (as you know). I'm sure there's some studs waiting in the wings to step up and fill those shoes though. There could be some early growing pains. The offense should be dare I say almost explosive(?). Possibly.

Their offense always seems to be explosive when they play us. Drives me crazy. They play like shit, they play like shit, here comes fucking Tom Brady.
:gaah:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I guess it's time for the next conference, Red Alert, predicted it earlier

big10_logo_detail.gif

LEADERS

1. Ohio State Buckeyes 12-0(8-0) - Ohio State had a fantastic year under Urban Meyer last year, they had some struggles but it seemed like no matter what they found a way to win, that's something that's important for national title contenders to have think 2010 Auburn, they struggled to so many mediocre opponents yet still won every game, and even came back from a huge deficit against Alabama that year. I think Ohio State carries that over this year and goes unbeaten in the regular season, they have minor struggles in the first 3 games, before winning about as easily as possible over Florida A&M(what???), their big challenges will come at the opening of conference play as they open with perhaps the two toughest teams in the Big 10, Wisconsin and then on the road against Northwestern, they win both in close ones, after the bye they get Iowa and should win that one without much issue, then it's Penn State who has some talent but they do have lost scholarships. Purdue gave Ohio State issues last year, though it's a road game I don't expect Ohio State to see much issue. They win the next two easily before going on the road against rival Michigan, Ohio State will win, but Rich Rod isn't at Michigan anymore so it won't be a cakewalk.

2. Wisconsin Badgers 10-2(7-1) - Wisconsin find themselves in an odd position with a coaching change but they got themselves a good coach in Gary Andersen, the guy led UTAH STATE to an 11 win season, not sure how many coaches in college football could do that. Wisconsin wins the first two games with ease, before going on the road against Arizona State, it's usually really difficult for Big 10 schools to go on the road against competitive Pac schools so I have Arizona State pulling the upset, Wisconsin rolls Purdue, but then loses to Ohio State, after that it gets pretty easy, only Northwestern and BYU would likely give them fits, Penn State might be a little competitive but Wisconsin gets them in the last week so Penn State could be suffering from lost depth then.

3. Penn State Nittany Lions 7-5(3-5) - Penn State has some talent, and Bill O'Brien has proven to be a great coach, it's going to be fun to see what he does once the sanctions are over, for this year it will be interesting to see how Penn State handles it, I feel like no matter what way I go I'll be completely wrong on this prediction LOL. Penn State is the least predictable team in this league. Penn State starts out strong they win over Syracuse but it's not an easy one, they win the next two easy and have minor issues with Kent State. They open conference play with a win over Indiana, the key game for their season is the home game against Michigan if they win the momentum could carry them to a 9-3 or 10-2 season, for now I have them losing, they then lose to Ohio State, get past Illinois at home then surprise people losing on the road to Minnesota, though Jerry Kill is doing an incredible job there(he got them to a bowl last year, that's good for Minnesota nowadays) Penn State beats Purdue, but loses the last two games. I see Penn State being a lot tougher at home then on the road, they have passionate fans who will fill the stands no matter what.
4. Indiana Hoosiers 6-6(3-5) - Kevin Wilson has surprisingly made some good progress with Indiana lately, I see it getting rewarded with a bowl bid this year. Indiana wins easy the first game, the game against Navy is a complete toss up, it's tough to tell how Indiana will defend the triple option, they lose to what turns out to be a good Bowling Green team, but recover to pull a big win of their own over Missouri. Indiana hits a tough 3 game stretch after the bye against Penn State, and the Michigan schools, I see them losing all 3. After the next bye they get some easier games, they beat Minnesota and Illinois, but then lose to Wisconsin and Ohio State by a lot, before beating rival Purdue to be bowl eligible.
5. Purdue Boilermakers 3-9(2-6) - Purdue hired a good head coach, but the schedule is really tough this year, going to be a rebuilding year. Purdue opens with a loss to Cincinnati, but wins the next one. 3 tough games against Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Northern Illinois all result in losses. They lose 3 more after that too, before finally notching a home win over Iowa, then losing to Penn State before winning another home game over Illinois to avoid last in the division, they lose to Indiana to end the year.
6. Illinois Fighting Illini 2-10(0-8) - Illinois really had a disaster of a season last year, and this year looks tough as well, as the schedule does them no favors, Illinois started 2011 6-0 and are an awful 2-17 since. Tim Beckman did a great job at Toledo it seemed, but after Matt Campbell's success there, you wonder if he was the brains behind the operation. Beckman hired a good offensive mind in Bill Cubit at offensive coordinator this year, which should help make Illinois at least competive, but other than games against Southern Illinois and Miami of Ohio I don't see them winning any others.

LEGENDS

1. Nebraska Cornhuskers 11-1(7-1) - Nebraska is easily the division favorite this year, but it will be interesting if they lose games they shouldn't be losing, last year they actually were doing pretty well until getting embarrassed by Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game. Nebraska starts off 4-0 while getting challenged by UCLA, but do not forget South Dakota State gave them a tough time 2 years ago, Nebraska wins their first 3 Big 10 games with ease, before a challenge against Northwestern which they win. Nebraska finally loses on the road against Michigan, and struggles but beats Michigan State and Penn State. Iowa has given Nebraska tougher challenges than expected but I see Nebraska winning it again this year.

2. Northwestern Wildcats 9-3(5-3) - Northwestern has themselves one of the best teams they have had in a long time, unfortunately for them they face a tough Big 10 schedule, as they face both Ohio State and Wisconsin, plus the game against Nebraska is on the road. Northwestern does start 4-0 but loses to Ohio State and Wisconsin in the next two games, they beat Minnesota, a road game against Iowa is usually tough but Northwestern has been a thorn in Iowa's side most of the time so they win that one, Northwestern then loses a tough one on the road to Nebraska. Northwestern returns from the bye to beat Michigan, and then score just enough to beat Michigan State. They insult rival Illinois on the road to end the regular season.

3. Michigan State Spartans 8-4(5-3) - Michigan State as usual will field a good defense, but their offense is very questionable with the loss of Le'Veon Bell, he pretty much was their offense last year, Michigan State wins the first 3 but then loses on the road against Notre Dame in what will probably be one of the worst offensive games of the season, Michigan State loses on the road to Iowa, finally gets on a roll and wins the next 4 including a win over rival Michigan who in these predictions is unbeaten entering the game, Michigan State's offensive issues really start to hit them later in the year as they lose to Nebraska, Northwestern and surprisingly Minnesota.
4. Michigan Wolverines 8-4(4-4) - Michigan ends up seeing this year start off strong but end with some struggles. Michigan starts out 7-0 with the only challenges coming from Notre Dame and Penn State, they suffer their first loss on the road against Michigan State, but retake the division lead by winning at home against Nebraska, but then lose it when they lose on the road to Northwestern, then they lose an upset to Iowa on the road as well, before ending the year with a loss to unbeaten Ohio State.
5. Minnesota Golden Gophers 6-6(3-5) - I wonder why we don't have the color gold as an option, anyways, Jerry Kill has done really good here, if he gets them to a bowl again this year, he should immediately search for a better job while his stock is high, it likely won't get much better here unfortunately(I kinda like Minnesota). These guys will annoy some Big 10 teams this year. They open up with some struggles against UNLV, then win the next two, before losing at home to a tough San Jose State team, despite Minnesota's Big 10 schedule David Fales is the best pro prospect they face. Minnesota wins at home over Iowa making it 3 in a row at home vs them, the tough part of the Big 10 schedule causes Minnesota to lose the next 4 before suddenly beating Penn State, they lose at home to Wisconsin but surprise people again with a random road win over Michigan State that gets them bowl eligible.
6. Iowa Hawkeyes 4-8(2-6) - I didn't want to use bright yellow, plus they do this to their opponents locker rooms LOL. Iowa has really had some disappointing seasons the past few years, Kirk Ferentz has really lost his touch, they haven't really had a good Offensive coordinator though, Greg Davis wasn't a very good hire. Iowa starts out with a loss to Northern Illinois, wins the next one, but loses to Iowa State again, they beat Western Michigan to be 2-2 non-conference, conference play doesn't go very well their best games turn out to be at home, where they upset the Michigan schools, unfortunately for Iowa fans that might keep Ferentz's job, maybe he'll take a job in the NFL or find a better offensive coordinator.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the B-one-G fills all of their bowl obligations this year? :yahoo:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to put Nebraska 10-2 at best though.

Year in and year out I've 'expected' them to finally solve their turnover and penalty issues. I've finally conceded that Pelini is not one to focus on fundamental discipline. He appears more determined on spending time teaching complicated X's & O's schemes that are difficult for busy college kids to fully comprehend.

Offensively Nebraska has at least one game where they can't seem to get out of their own way. (See penalties and turnovers)

Defensively there is at least one game where a little wrinkle throws Pelini's two gap into disarray. As evidenced by Ohio St and Wisconsin (in the CCG) last year. His defense is too complicated for the kids to make adjustments on the fly, frustration sets into them, and they give up.

Games I'm concerned with...

Southern Miss - Don't laugh. Yes that (0-12) team from last year. USM has good talent and their new coach Todd Monken (first year) is an offensive guy with decent credentials and pedigree. USM has been known to be giant killers and they could catch Nebraska looking ahead to UCLA the following week.

UCLA - Pelini was outcoached by Mora (1st year at UCLA) last year. UCLA has good talent and should be improved in year 2.

Northwestern - They upset Nebraska in Lincoln last time they played there. This is where the offense potentially forgets fundamentals. We call them bofarts.

@ Michigan - Road game in the Big House. This is where a wrinkle and the atmosphere gets to the defense. See Wisconsin & Michigan in 2011, and Ohio St in 2012.

Michigan St - Stout defense. If they could find an offensive wrinkle, capitalize on a couple turnovers, and keep Nebraska in the low 20's they could win this.

@ Penn St - See defensive let downs in big road games already mentioned. Penn St is also a team nobody knows what to expect from them. Will a year of transfers and sanctions rear their ugly head, or is O'Brien good enough to coach up what he's got? Add in a revenge factor for the perceived robbery on the end zone fumble in Lincoln last year and there's added motivation.

Iowa - Spoiler. Iowa's record against Nebraska is not pretty, but neither was Colorado's and they always gave Nebraska all they can handle.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone not thumbs upping the work BSF27 is putting in needs to....

Fantastic analysis man...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how poorly Penn St started out last year (0-2)? They lost to Ohio U and Virginia respectively.

They then reeled off 5 straight W's before losing to Ohio St and Nebraska (2 of their last 5). They closed the season with a win over Wisconsin and finished 2nd in the Leaders division.

I see Penn St going no worse than the 7-5 BSF has them, and more likely 8-4

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a VERY disappointing year for Michigan.

Yes it would. If they beat Nebraska in Ann Arbor (likely), I figure they end up 9-3 or even 10-2.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would. If they beat Nebraska in Ann Arbor (likely), I figure they end up 9-3 or even 10-2.

It sounds like they think they have a team that can run through the B1G and likely beat tOSU. Of course that is from Michigan people so yeah...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like they think they have a team that can run through the B1G and likely beat tOSU. Of course that is from Michigan people so yeah...

Yeah, I'ma have to say no to that. Maybe next year. 2015 is a definite possibility.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to put Nebraska 10-2 at best though.

Year in and year out I've 'expected' them to finally solve their turnover and penalty issues. I've finally conceded that Pelini is not one to focus on fundamental discipline. He appears more determined on spending time teaching complicated X's & O's schemes that are difficult for busy college kids to fully comprehend.

Offensively Nebraska has at least one game where they can't seem to get out of their own way. (See penalties and turnovers)

Defensively there is at least one game where a little wrinkle throws Pelini's two gap into disarray. As evidenced by Ohio St and Wisconsin (in the CCG) last year. His defense is too complicated for the kids to make adjustments on the fly, frustration sets into them, and they give up.

Games I'm concerned with...

Southern Miss - Don't laugh. Yes that (0-12) team from last year. USM has good talent and their new coach Todd Monken (first year) is an offensive guy with decent credentials and pedigree. USM has been known to be giant killers and they could catch Nebraska looking ahead to UCLA the following week.

UCLA - Pelini was outcoached by Mora (1st year at UCLA) last year. UCLA has good talent and should be improved in year 2.

Northwestern - They upset Nebraska in Lincoln last time they played there. This is where the offense potentially forgets fundamentals. We call them bofarts.

@ Michigan - Road game in the Big House. This is where a wrinkle and the atmosphere gets to the defense. See Wisconsin & Michigan in 2011, and Ohio St in 2012.

Michigan St - Stout defense. If they could find an offensive wrinkle, capitalize on a couple turnovers, and keep Nebraska in the low 20's they could win this.

@ Penn St - See defensive let downs in big road games already mentioned. Penn St is also a team nobody knows what to expect from them. Will a year of transfers and sanctions rear their ugly head, or is O'Brien good enough to coach up what he's got? Add in a revenge factor for the perceived robbery on the end zone fumble in Lincoln last year and there's added motivation.

Iowa - Spoiler. Iowa's record against Nebraska is not pretty, but neither was Colorado's and they always gave Nebraska all they can handle.

^^^ I see all of these as possibilities and picked Michigan

I was very close to picking Northwestern to upset Nebraska also.

Michigan State has to hold Nebraska to 2 TD's or less to win I think, Michigan State is very bad on offense right now.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan people tend to be a little delusional LOL