• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couture's new deal should set the standard for other Sharks. Couture getting $6 per year. Pavs should be $1 to 500K under that. My guess is the length of the contract has the two sides squabbling.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow Sam Gagner wants 5.5 mil next season, thats not good for Dwill and PooVelski

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
......:doh: so no LTIR?

Not sure yet but I still see him missing the start of the season. Enough to have him at least start on the LTIR.

The Google translation was horrible but what I got from the article was: the procedure was not as extensive as first expected, he's skating but still very restricted, wants to get back to playing as soon as possible in hopes to make the Olympic team, feels he has a lot to prove to the Sharks, and had it not been for his injury that a buy out of his contract was a real possibility.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jagr has a post up on twitter that makes it sound like he's signing with a team that wears a black sweater. Carolina, LA, San Jose, Boston, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay all have black home or 3rd sweaters they wear. We can probably rule out the Pens. Says everything should be final by Wednesday.

New rumor has him Jersey bound

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow 4.8 mil per season for gagner for 3 years, pavelskis contract just got that much more expensive

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure yet but I still see him missing the start of the season. Enough to have him at least start on the LTIR.

The Google translation was horrible but what I got from the article was: the procedure was not as extensive as first expected, he's skating but still very restricted, wants to get back to playing as soon as possible in hopes to make the Olympic team, feels he has a lot to prove to the Sharks, and had it not been for his injury that a buy out of his contract was a real possibility.

He's possibly right on the buy out possibility. I'd be thrilled if he came back for the last half of the season and playoffs completely healthy.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's possibly right on the buy out possibility. I'd be thrilled if he came back for the last half of the season and playoffs completely healthy.

Agreed. It'd be like picking up a top 6 forward at the TDL. Of course, how long will he remain healthy after returning? That is the question.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Finally got someone to translate the article for me. Only thing to add is Havlat says he'd like to be ready for the start of the season and believes he's on schedule for that. Adds that he's not going to rush to make that timetable.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Finally got someone to translate the article for me. Only thing to add is Havlat says he'd like to be ready for the start of the season and believes he's on schedule for that. Adds that he's not going to rush to make that timetable.

His literally been injured for 3 years running now, he hasn't been healthy since he's been here. I kind of wonder if that was an issue prior to the trade and what lead to his hamstring explosion? He hasnt looked strong on his skates at all and his stride and stance look very new born deer on ice. The guy should really do the selanne and take year off and let his body heal

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His literally been injured for 3 years running now, he hasn't been healthy since he's been here. I kind of wonder if that was an issue prior to the trade and what lead to his hamstring explosion? He hasnt looked strong on his skates at all and his stride and stance look very new born deer on ice. The guy should really do the selanne and take year off and let his body heal

Agreed

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the sharks should give Tim Thomas a try out

I'm really interested to see what Stalock can do. If he's good to go, trade Nemo for something nice after the 13-14 season. He'll still have one year left on his contract. It's about time the Sharks actually used the goalies they've drafted.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really interested to see what Stalock can do. If he's good to go, trade Nemo for something nice after the 13-14 season. He'll still have one year left on his contract. It's about time the Sharks actually used the goalies they've drafted.

I'm really I interested to see what stalock can do, reminds me a lot of Marty brouduer when it comes to save selection And having a great glove hand. Problem is The Tadd is horrible and managing his goalies time which will hurt stalock

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really I interested to see what stalock can do, reminds me a lot of Marty brouduer when it comes to save selection And having a great glove hand. Problem is The Tadd is horrible and managing his goalies time which will hurt stalock

Who's the goalie coach? Maybe we can lure Kipper in for that position???