• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bergeron is a badass and $6.5 for him is about right imo. Not many two way centers better than him. No way to an 8 year deal for Pavs, which is what Bergeron got. 4 years is good, 5 years max. $5.5 max for Pavs imo.

Korky - Yeah, I'd like a faster, stronger model that doesn't disappear every other round of playoffs, but Doug will no doubt give him a NTC of some sort and make him a Sharks lifer.

Agreed on all accounts, the thing that concerns me is Wilson used Bergeron as a comparison for Pavelski during his last contract talks.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I saw this on the NHL general board:

sharks-disses-espn2.jpg

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With this years crop of UFAs it was on life support to begin with.

I agree but i don't recall ever seeing an offseason die this quickly before, i mean usually even the spare parts are picking up contracts by now, im guessing Gomez will be lucky to get a try out at this rate

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree but i don't recall ever seeing an offseason die this quickly before, i mean usually even the spare parts are picking up contracts by now, im guessing Gomez will be lucky to get a try out at this rate

The cap reduction plays a part in that. If you look at most of what's remaining on the market i think GMs probably feel they can get similar results for a better price from young players already in their system.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jagr has a post up on twitter that makes it sound like he's signing with a team that wears a black sweater. Carolina, LA, San Jose, Boston, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay all have black home or 3rd sweaters they wear. We can probably rule out the Pens. Says everything should be final by Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have twitter, can you describe what he wrote that implies a black sweater? Jagr with Thornton would be amazing...5 years ago.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have twitter, can you describe what he wrote that implies a black sweater? Jagr with Thornton would be amazing...5 years ago.

“As for my next job here in the NHL, I have to say that I see a lot of black

Message via video. He did point at a pair of sunglasses during his video post. Possible sign he will play for a team that's in a warm weather climate.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Talking to a Czech friend he believes Jagr is referring to the outlook of him signing with an NHL team is black. Meaning he's retiring or heading back to the KHL.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to a Czech friend he believes Jagr is referring to the outlook of him signing with an NHL team is black. Meaning he's retiring or heading back to the KHL.

There was something about CAR a week or so ago. I wonder if that's his destination.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Howard Berger the mongloid is being shopped out of Toronto.

Source tells me speculation that #Leafs have discussed a trade involving captain Dion Phaneuf is accurate. And, with more than one team.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Pavelski's agent talks haven't been extensive and the two sides are far apart. He also adds he's confident they'll be able to work something out.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Pavelski's agent talks haven't been extensive and the two sides are far apart. He also adds he's confident they'll be able to work something out.

Are?or Arent? If its that far apart trade his ass, he's only going to get slower

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are?or Arent? If its that far apart trade his ass, he's only going to get slower

Are. He thinks they will be able to work something out.

Even though there hasn't been much in the way of negotiating it is a bit concerning that they'd be far apart at any point in the negotiating process.