• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone is on waivers. Have not heard of any Rangers being put on it

Just b/c they arent mentioned....doesnt mean they havent been put on it.

Like Winding said, most MLB players are placed on waivers in August. Its a way for teams to gauge interest in who wants who and what not.

Per Newberg: Just about every player will go through this purportedly confidential process this month. Even players with full or partial no-trade clauses, including those with 10/5 rights, can be run through waivers. If the prevailing claim is made by a club to which the player cannot be traded contractually (or by virtue of 10/5), he can be traded only if the player waives his veto rights and consents to the trade.

That means a team on a player’s no-trade list (which is every team if it’s a full no-trade or 10/5 situation) can “block” by putting in a claim, with the only risk being that it makes the prevailing claim and the player’s existing club decides to stick that team with the player and the player agrees to waive his veto rights and consents to join the new team and the new team didn’t want him in the first place.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX and NYY each have 38 games to go ... TEX with the 1 game lead over NYY ... gonna be close who gets HFA assuming they both win their divisions ... but maybe TEX has other advantages due to the schedules.

TEX has 19 home and 19 road games remaining and if their win rates remain the same as they have they will finish with 22.42 more wins rounded to 22 wins down the stretch or 95 wins for the regular season.

NYY has 18 home and 20 road games remaining and if their win rates remain the same as they have they will finish with 21.96 more wins rounded to 22 wins down the stretch or 94 wins for the regular season.

Against Contenders: TEX has 13 games ... and NYY has 16 games remaining against WC contenders. TEX has 6 against TBR (3/3) ... and 7 against OAK (4/3). NYY has 6 against TBR (3/3) ... 3 against OAK (3/0) ... and 7 against BAL (3/4). Advantage TEX.

Against Bottom AL: TEX has 13 games ... and NYY has 6 games remaining against the bottom 3 AL teams. TEX has 4 against KCR (4/0) ... 6 against CLE (3/3) ... and 3 against MIN (3/0). NYY has 3 against CLE (0/3) and 3 against MIN (0/3). Advantage TEX.

Gonna be close ... TBR might actually ace out NYY for the ALE lead ... but TEX has schedule advantage over NYY the rest of the way.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's the matter old man? Someone piss in your cornflakes? Got more important things to do?

You were the one who posted the link that started it. I fault myself for throwing out a HSO equally illogical as the idea that Adrian Gonzalez waiver might make it to TEX. Then you critique the HSO. Worrying about how TEX would do with Hamilton gone.

It was a joke bucky.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one who posted the link that started it. I fault myself for throwing out a HSO equally illogical as the idea that Adrian Gonzalez waiver might make it to TEX. Then you critique the HSO. Worrying about how TEX would do with Hamilton gone.

It was a joke bucky.

Mea culpa.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off Topic here, but when I click on someone's name I can't view their profile. I get a vBulletin Message about not having permission to access this page. I can't start threads, either. Are these things a moderator has to give me rights to do?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off Topic here, but when I click on someone's name I can't view their profile. I get a vBulletin Message about not having permission to access this page. I can't start threads, either. Are these things a moderator has to give me rights to do?

May need more posts.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May need more posts.

Yeah, that was my other thought. It's a matter of rep or post total. That would make sense for starting a threat but I'd think anyone should be able to view a profile. Anyone know for sure?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you should have enough rep now.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, that was my other thought. It's a matter of rep or post total. That would make sense for starting a threat but I'd think anyone should be able to view a profile. Anyone know for sure?

Suggest sending a note to Kenny to have the mods check it out. Number of posts should have no bearing on starting a thread. We all started out with zero.

Scroll to the bottom of the page at the "Texas Rangers" page and the mod links are there. You shouldn't be having that problem. What are you using as your browser?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suggest sending a note to Kenny to have the mods check it out. Number of posts should have no bearing on starting a thread. We all started out with zero.

Scroll to the bottom of the page at the "Texas Rangers" page and the mod links are there. You shouldn't be having that problem. What are you using as your browser?

I think they made a change regarding post count and being able to start threads not long ago.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never even considered my browser having any affect on it. I tried with my phone and I can start threads and view profiles. I use google chrome at home. I'll try a different browser from home next time and see how that does. Thanks for the input Watch.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Chrome.

Must be in my settings, then. Maybe i'm not accepting cookies or something like that. I'll have to tinker with it some.

Edit: Now it's working in Chrome, too. Maybe one of the mods changed my rights and just didn't take any credit for it. Whatever it was, it's all working now, so thanks anonymous mod or strange message board deity.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have claimed a number of players this month, including Justin Upton according to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. The club is looking for a number of ways to improve prior to August 31st.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were one of several teams to claim him. Chances are close to bill anything gets done for Texas. My guess is this may start talks between Texas and Arizona this winter.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were one of several teams to claim him. Chances are close to bill anything gets done for Texas. My guess is this may start talks between Texas and Arizona this winter.

could be but i think they are more likely to go after CarGo in the off-season

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be but i think they are more likely to go after CarGo in the off-season

I'm pretty sure they have a plan in mind since they passed on Gonzalez. With the way Mitch has played since coming off the DL I can understand I suppose.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors have Elvis headlining the deal for Upton in the offseason.

Not sure I like where that is headed...