• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasn't just laughing at Galloway

My comment was directed at Galloway. Dude needs to shut his damn mouth. The cardinals were out of it going into september last year too....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what i'll say it also.....the angels are not going to catch us,hell the angels as of right now aren't even in the play-offs.......FUCK THE ANGELS!!!!

maybe next year they should spend some more money :D

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what i'll say it also.....the angels are not going to catch us,hell the angels as of right now aren't even in the play-offs.......FUCK THE ANGELS!!!!

maybe next year they should spend some more money :D

It'll be even better if they miss the playoffs and fail to re-sign Greinke in the offseason. Then they'll have given away prospects with nothing to show for it.

They are playing some terrible baseball right now, with a 5-13 August record that includes the worst Team ERA in the majors for the month at 6.76 (Cleveland is 29th with a 5.81 ERA). We have 41 games to play and they have 40. If we go 21 and 20 we'd finish at 92-70. To tie that, the Angels would have to go 30 and 10 to finish the season.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It'll be even better if they miss the playoffs and fail to re-sign Greinke in the offseason. Then they'll have given away prospects with nothing to show for it.

They are playing some terrible baseball right now, with a 5-13 August record that includes the worst Team ERA in the majors for the month at 6.76 (Cleveland is 29th with a 5.81 ERA). We have 41 games to play and they have 40. If we go 21 and 20 we'd finish at 92-70. To tie that, the Angels would have to go 30 and 10 to finish the season.

IMO Greinke wants no part of pitching back in the AL. For his career against AL teams he's only got a winning record against DET, OAK, and SEA w/losing record against 8 AL clubs (plus tie record vs 3). While W-L record isn't a great measure of pitching performance ... bet it plays on his hyper mind.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him run back to the NL Central.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Adrian Gonzalez placed on waivers this week. I'm sure there's no way it would get to Texas, but if it did do you bite and what do you offer? He would kill in our park.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adrian Gonzalez placed on waivers this week. I'm sure there's no way it would get to Texas, but if it did do you bite and what do you offer? He would kill in our park.

it would probably have to start with Moreland because he wouldn't have a job if the Rangers got Gonzalez

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

How about ... "for Billy Killian (minors), Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka." (JK)

Or how about ... Josh Hamilton? Gonzalez is signed through 2018 at ~$21mil/year. Would replace the millstone MY contract when it finally goes away ... and avoids all the hassle trying to renegotiate for Josh.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would probably have to start with Moreland because he wouldn't have a job if the Rangers got Gonzalez

Normally I would agree except at this stage he would have to clear waivers which he never would because he rally has been pretty good and he's super cheap.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about ... "for Billy Killian (minors), Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka." (JK)

Or how about ... Josh Hamilton? Gonzalez is signed through 2018 at ~$21mil/year. Would replace the millstone MY contract when it finally goes away ... and avoids all the hassle trying to renegotiate for Josh.

Do you ask Boston to eat any of his salary?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh would have to clear waivers.... no way he would get to Boston.

Hell, the freakin' Astros might put a claim on him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh would have to clear waivers.... no way he would get to Boston.

Hell, the freakin' Astros might put a claim on him.

Yeah. Not to mention what removing him from this team down the home stretch and heading into October might do.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah. Not to mention what removing him from this team down the home stretch and heading into October might do.

Note to self ... next time somebody posts something about this player or that player on waivers (in August) and makes comment:

"I'm sure there's no way it would get to Texas, but if it did do you bite and what do you offer? He would kill in our park."

... to ignore it.

Everyone is on waivers in August and if you want to trade for someone who is on waivers then the guy or guys you offer in exchange have to clear waivers or if in the minors can be a PTBNL. It is just not worth spending the time talking about it. I should have left well enough alone.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to self ... next time somebody posts something about this player or that player on waivers (in August) and makes comment:

"I'm sure there's no way it would get to Texas, but if it did do you bite and what do you offer? He would kill in our park."

... to ignore it.

Everyone is on waivers in August and if you want to trade for someone who is on waivers then the guy or guys you offer in exchange have to clear waivers or if in the minors can be a PTBNL. It is just not worth spending the time talking about it. I should have left well enough alone.

What's the matter old man? Someone piss in your cornflakes? Got more important things to do?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... to ignore it.

Not everyone is on waivers. Have not heard of any Rangers being put on it