• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
oops, just remembered we have a few players on one year contracts. strike the part on RG, its a need but maybe not second biggest.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
oops, just remembered we have a few players on one year contracts. strike the part on RG, its a need but maybe not second biggest.

And most if not all of them with the exception of Edwards (at this time) is needing an extension - IMO.

Can you imagine what the Washington Redskins Fans were thinking, saying yelling, screaming when Rogers stepped in front of Wallace on one-on-one coverage to make a nice INT. Both he and Goldson have wayyyy exceeded my expectations.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And most if not all of them with the exception of Edwards (at this time) is needing an extension - IMO.

Can you imagine what the Washington Redskins Fans were thinking, saying yelling, screaming when Rogers stepped in front of Wallace on one-on-one coverage to make a nice INT. Both he and Goldson have wayyyy exceeded my expectations.

yep, there was a Redskin fan who made if clear Rogers can't catch ANYTHING. just wanted him to be solid cover guy, so the INT's are 'exceeding' for sure.

yeah, have to admit didn't think Goldson would perform this well. it seems like he gets 'on the scene' so much faster now? guess his experience is allowing him to play faster?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, there was a Redskin fan who made if clear Rogers can't catch ANYTHING. just wanted him to be solid cover guy, so the INT's are 'exceeding' for sure.

yeah, have to admit didn't think Goldson would perform this well. it seems like he gets 'on the scene' so much faster now? guess his experience is allowing him to play faster?

I would add winning as a huge reason we are seeing these elevated performance levels as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea and no more(less) stupid gambles or bites... he's playin like a hawk rather than another rhino in the defense

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we already drafted two guards in the 1st round....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we already drafted two guards in the 1st round....

still had high hopes for Davis before this season, but its looking poor now? he's still hanging in there as a starter, but felt he'd be a quality starter by now.

IF they don't feel he's a RT, then TRY him at LT before OG. 'try' meaning OTA's, training camp, and even pre-season if he's shown potential?

if no potential, then eventually he'll naturally move down the depth chart.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he can't play RT he'd get creamed at LT

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis has improved from last year to this year.

If he can't get it together as a pass blocker next year, then we think about making a move. For right now we're working through growing pains, and he still has the potential to turn into a good RT.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if he can't play RT he'd get creamed at LT

the odds are he will, but you might as well try? the odds are low but sometimes people are just 'left handed' vice 'right'. he was an LT all thru college so its not totally foreign?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember our backup tackle Barry Sims who was terrible filling in on the right side but came in and locked it down at LT when Staley went down?

It's safe to think Davis would get killed by speed rushers at LT, but you really never know for sure. Would be interesting to see how it would play out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember our backup tackle Barry Sims who was terrible filling in on the right side but came in and locked it down at LT when Staley went down?

It's safe to think Davis would get killed by speed rushers at LT, but you really never know for sure. Would be interesting to see how it would play out.

yeah, if he's moving out of RT, just TRY him at LT before OG, is all. they may find out early he's not an LT either, then try OG.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the odds are he will, but you might as well try? the odds are low but sometimes people are just 'left handed' vice 'right'. he was an LT all thru college so its not totally foreign?

in college i thought he projected as a guard. on draft day my thinking was...did we really just move up to draft 2 guards in the top half of the draft?

he might have to lose weight to become more nimble on his feet in order to play tackle. but then that's taking away from his greatest asset which is his strength. i'd rather utlilize that strength at RG and give our running game a big boost

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in college i thought he projected as a guard. on draft day my thinking was...did we really just move up to draft 2 guards in the top half of the draft?

he might have to lose weight to become more nimble on his feet in order to play tackle. but then that's taking away from his greatest asset which is his strength. i'd rather utlilize that strength at RG and give our running game a big boost

after the draft, recall Baalke saying he's more 'quick' than strong? even something like his ability to get out of his stance quickly?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This!! I played RT and NT/LDT my whole career, I tried like hell to play the other side but I couldnt do it, There really is a difference to certain players it is part of the game. On O line the left always felt un-natural and at RDT I always felt like my first step wasnt solid.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the draft, recall Baalke saying he's more 'quick' than strong? even something like his ability to get out of his stance quickly?

quick out of his stance maybe, but not quick moving laterally

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wierd... we're actually slotted at the bottom in the draft with our own pick..... wierd....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This!! I played RT and NT/LDT my whole career, I tried like hell to play the other side but I couldnt do it, There really is a difference to certain players it is part of the game. On O line the left always felt un-natural and at RDT I always felt like my first step wasnt solid.

ok good, someone with real life experience. again, its just trying it first, is all. not expecting A.D. will turn into a Pro Bowl LT.

btw - i got this thinking from surfing and skateboarding, most people just can't do it goofy footed.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we draft someone like brewster in say the 2nd. i think we could have at the least an average line next year in terms of pass blocking and the right side could dominate in the run game.

move davis to rg and play boone at rt. i dont think our line would get pushed back on the goal line running to the right side