• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The QB class next year is going to be the most underrated class to come out. Most people here are underwhelmed with the talent level, but I am on the opposite side of things here. I like this upcoming QB class a whole lot. Glennon, Mettenberger will be first rounders as well when it is all said done with.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB class next year is going to be the most underrated class to come out. Most people here are underwhelmed with the talent level, but I am on the opposite side of things here. I like this upcoming QB class a whole lot. Glennon, Mettenberger will be first rounders as well when it is all said done with.

If reports are true about Barkley's arm strength, then i think he has the rest of the tools to be the number 1 pick next year. He's by far my favorite QB prospect to come out of USC in a long time (which i suppose isn't saying too much).

I still haven't made up my mind about Bray, but i really like Laundry Jones. Aaron Murray could also start moving up the ranks as well.

It seems like every year we are sitting here projecting next years QB class and about half of the top guys end up staying in school. It's just way too early to tell much right now unfortunately.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If reports are true about Barkley's arm strength

What reports are those? I haven't heard any Barkley updates this offseason.

Has Clay Matthews hooked him up with a supply of vitamin S?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What reports are those? I haven't heard any Barkley updates this offseason.

Has Clay Matthews hooked him up with a supply of vitamin S?

Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray impress at Manning Passing Academy - NFL.com

I've seen Barkley play live several times during his college career and I noticed one big difference last week: His arm has gotten much stronger. He was able to drive the ball with more authority than he has in the past three years. He has always had great footwork and touch as a passer, but there were concerns about his ability to squeeze the ball into tight windows down the field. I was pleasantly surprised to watch him crank up the velocity on the deep comebacks during the workout on Saturday.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like next year's QB class better than '12, but not better than '11. At least not yet. There are a lot of wild cards out there at this point that can go either way - Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Geno Smith, Derek Carr, etc.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like next year's QB class better than '12, but not better than '11. At least not yet. There are a lot of wild cards out there at this point that can go either way - Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Geno Smith, Derek Carr, etc.

How would you rank the top eligible guys right now?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you rank the top eligible guys right now?

Tyler Wilson is my top guy right now. It's pretty blurry after that at this point, but if I HAD to pick I'd go with Bray as #2.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Wilson is my top guy right now. It's pretty blurry after that at this point, but if I HAD to pick I'd go with Bray as #2.

Wow, i didn't realize you were so high on Wilson. I take it you aren't a fan of Barkley and Landry Jones then? I usually tend to agree with you on QB's, but i have a feeling this year is going to be different. To be fair you are usually spot on with your QB's.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wilson's potentially my #1 too, but I'm gonna have to see WAY more from him. If I had to pick right now I'd say Landry Jones will be the best QB from this class, but Barkley, Bray, Wilson & Jones are all pretty close IMO. There isn't one who really stands out right now.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkley is by far the best qb prospect for 2013. Anyone who states otherwise has a fixed false belief despite evidence to the contrary.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's potentially my #1 too, but I'm gonna have to see WAY more from him. If I had to pick right now I'd say Landry Jones will be the best QB from this class, but Barkley, Bray, Wilson & Jones are all pretty close IMO. There isn't one who really stands out right now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is high on Jones. It's a toss up between Barkley and Jones for me. Barkley has some of the best footwork I've seen from a college QB. If he can improve his mid-long range passing i don't really see what's holding him back as being the number 1 pick. I think he has Drew Brees like potential as his ceiling. Jones somewhat reminds me of Stafford. He's got to get better at leading his receiver in some situations, but i don't think it's a lack of arm strength.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, i didn't realize you were so high on Wilson. I take it you aren't a fan of Barkley and Landry Jones then? I usually tend to agree with you on QB's, but i have a feeling this year is going to be different. To be fair you are usually spot on with your QB's.

Yeah, Wilson right now is clearly #1 for me. It's really early though and a lot can change.

It's not that I'm not a "fan" of Barkley or Jones, but I'm just not convinced they're as good as people say they are. They definitely can change my mind this year though

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Wilson right now is clearly #1 for me. It's really early though and a lot can change.

It's not that I'm not a "fan" of Barkley or Jones, but I'm just not convinced they're as good as people say they are. They definitely can change my mind this year though

I'll admit i haven't watched Wilson nearly as much as Jones or Barkley. I'm looking forward to watching a lot of QB's this season, though.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 49ers target is T.J. McDonald. No need to pay Goldson, McDonald can bulk up to his size, he already hits like him. His game is more tailored for the NFL. With all the 3 and 4 wr sets, T.J. can cover any wr man to man. He's the perfect fit.

The only problem is that he might not be there at 32.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 49ers target is T.J. McDonald. No need to pay Goldson, McDonald can bulk up to his size, he already hits like him. His game is more tailored for the NFL. With all the 3 and 4 wr sets, T.J. can cover any wr man to man. He's the perfect fit.

The only problem is that he might not be there at 32.

I've never been a big fan of taking a Safety in the first round. Eric Berry and perhaps Earl Thomas are the only ones i would have considered in the first round. It's just easier to find a Safety in later rounds (like we did with Goldson).

However, If we do end up with the 32nd pick i would be very tempted to go after McDonald. He's one of my favorite Safety's to come out in recent years (all though i may be biased because of who his Dad is).

With tons of QB's potentially coming out in next years draft we have may able to either land a solid QB, or trade up to get one.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a big fan of taking a Safety in the first round. Eric Berry and perhaps Earl Thomas are the only ones i would have considered in the first round. It's just easier to find a Safety in later rounds (like we did with Goldson).

However, If we do end up with the 32nd pick i would be very tempted to go after McDonald. He's one of my favorite Safety's to come out in recent years (all though i may be biased because of who his Dad is).

With tons of QB's potentially coming out in next years draft we have may able to either land a solid QB, or trade up to get one.

I think Smith has turned a corner, plus I think CK will be better than him.