• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Reasons the Niners lost this game

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh. So do I. As much as I like Aldon it would've been sweet to get Pat.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've been real nice to see Aldon out there where he actually had some sort of presence... Haralson is useless, why can't they see that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Would've been real nice to see Aldon out there where he actually had some sort of presence... Haralson is useless, why can't they see that.

It's only a matter of time. Maybe he hasn't picked up the defense yet. It looked like he busted through a double team to get a hit on the QB today in one of his few plays. Not 100% sure...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's only a matter of time. Maybe he hasn't picked up the defense yet. It looked like he busted through a double team to get a hit on the QB today in one of his few plays. Not 100% sure...

I can tell you, he was the only one I saw, maybe 3rd Q?, that as a pass rusher, he engage his blocker, shrugged/stepped over and got to Romo(Romo had to throw the ball sooner to an incompletion)

IDK if you saw the whole game though, but once engaged I did not see one Niner get to the QB. Aldon was the only one until Ray McDonald made a sack and that was in the 4th.

There were hits on the QB yes, but only one sack(2 at most) for the game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in another thread but I meant to put it here:
Ok heres a few things:

#1 felt like the front seven played pretty good

#2 Secondary sucks really wish Peterson was in a niners uniform

#3 I feel like we are better coached this year for sure but there were some very questionable decisions. The decision not to take that penalty and keep the points on the board (horrible) The play call in which Alex took the sack in OT (horrible) Serioulsy those of you that think Alex could of done something other than take the sack are blind. Look Im not a big Alex fan but he played decent.

#4 Speaking of Smith he did throw a horrible int which led to a cowboy score.

#5 We never take shots down the field until we have to. I know we might not have the best options down the field but you gotta at least try. You dont even have to always complete it downfield for those plays to be successful. The fact that the defense knows you might go big they have to cover it. But if you know a certain team wont really take chances you load up the box. You have to soften the defense especially when they are keying on Gore. Basically every teams plan is to stop Gore and make Alex beat them. Our run game will suck until Harbaugh decides to take some chances down the field.

We don't have a team that can compete passing the ball. This is a passing league, and this team used to be the premier passing team. What the fuck happened?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We don't have a team that can compete passing the ball. This is a passing league, and this team used to be the premier passing team. What the fuck happened?

I don't have the heart to post the video in youtube format, so click at your own risk...

Steve Young's Last play - YouTube

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have the heart to post the video in youtube format, so click at your own risk...

Steve Young's Last play - YouTube

Watched it live. I find it sickly poetic that the guy who whiffed on that block was drafted by the Rams.

Go figure. Never thought I'd be pining for the Garcia era. Yet here we are.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are (1) Alex and (2) Smith. Period. Don't blame the DBs, they were on the field practically the entire game.

The OL gave him enough time. The first Ware sack was Staley's fault IMO, but the others were either Alex running into the pass rusher or holding onto it for too long.

The front 7 played well and applied a decent amount of pressure. Rogers had a great game IMO. The CB play from the other guys wasn't great but...

Alex Smith is a loser. That's it! His top WRs were out, but Romo was missing Dez. That didn't stop him. He missed a WIDE open Delanie Walker for a potential 1st down that turned into a punt which turned into a Dallas score. Dallas losed the OL because there was no passing threat all game.

I like what Harbaugh did, I think I like what the OL did, I LOVE what the DL is doing... but Alex Smith lost this game.

smith didn't play great but the offensive line was horrible. every drive there's guys running through basically untouched.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We haven't had a legitimate passing game since Garcia was playing for Mooch. Which is absolutely affecting our run game and defense.

You make a better point there. It is a structure. Yes the QB is the key stone but the other pieces around the QB the past 7 years have been shoddy.
Smith is 1 player. It can be changed easily. It might be costly but it is easily doable. We have failed top to bottom most of the past 7 years.

In 2006 the Alex Smith experiment had what looked like an NFL QB. That is far from the goal but it was something. Needed to keep developing himself and a system somewhat molded to what he does well. We lost years and now were back to just a NFL QB trying to find it as we go.

Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Drew Brees

Teams know they are going to throw and they have, literally 2x as much as us. All have less sacks than us.
And we have played Sea who only hit Ben 3 out of 30 passes on Sunday and Ben likes to hold it in the pocket no matter the protection. The OL failure could just be getting going again this year.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real reason the niners lost is that Frank Gore is done. He run straight into people all the time and has no wiggle at all. He used to make people miss tackle and then truck people all the time. Now he goes down almost at the line of scrimmage. We saw he had that problem last season as well, but it was not this bad. His knees and his hips are all used up.

If Gore could run the niners could have used up the clock a lot more, instead it was almost always a 2 yard run.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys are nuts blaming Alex. Best two WR's couldn't play and the running game was non existent... There aren't many QB's that can win with that equation I'm sorry. Amazingly enough, he still managed the game fine. Alex made a lot of solid throws and they had a 10 point lead pretty late in the game. What more can you honestly ask for with a D that has been solid all game.

You guys are mad at Harbaugh for declining and keeping 3 points on the board. That call tells me that he has a lot of faith in the defense who let him down big time in the end. I said in the prediction thread that it's on the secondary and it's exactly what lost us the game. It's unacceptable really to get burned by someone who hasn't caught a pass in like 5 years.

The offensive line missing big time blocks late in the game and the defensive line just being irrelevant in the 4th quarter also played a pretty big factor. I think the DC not sending any pressure late hurt quite a bit too.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The real reason the niners lost is that Frank Gore is done. He run straight into people all the time and has no wiggle at all. He used to make people miss tackle and then truck people all the time. Now he goes down almost at the line of scrimmage. We saw he had that problem last season as well, but it was not this bad. His knees and his hips are all used up.

If Gore could run the niners could have used up the clock a lot more, instead it was almost always a 2 yard run.

There are holes that Frank is just not seeing. I'm surprised he's not seeing them. I don't know if it's rust, or perhaps you're right...he's done. His performance so far is the main reason I wanted them to wait and see before giving him the contract. He just doesn't look like Frank Gore right now.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to be mixing Hunter in there some more

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen, Hunter has so much more burst it's a fucking joke to watch him rot on the bench.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is a classic team loss and Alex was just part of the reason we lost. The big reasons we lost is:

1) Towards the end of the 2nd quarter the offsides penalty. If that didn't happen Cowboys punt the ball and we head into the locker room 14-0 with the ball back in the 2nd half with all the momentum. Instead the next play it's 14-7 and we give the Cowboys some life going into the half

2) Smith's terrible interception which lead to a TD for Dallas

3) This is very debatable but Harbaugh's decision to not take the penalty to extend the drive. Remember the cowboys basically weren't in FG position to tie the game till under a minute to go so if we take the penalty and extend the drive and still wind up with a 3 or better yet a TD the Cowboys likely don't have time to tie the game at the end. I say debatable because if Akers misses or their is a turnover it becomes a different reason we lost all together.

4) While Smith is taking some heat with a lot of it being justified the bigger problem on offense is the running game. Gore had 20 carries for 47 yards which is a 2.4 average with the longest run being 9 yards. So that's almost 20 wasted plays that didn't net a lot or put us in good positions on offense. Considering we're supposed to be a power running version WCO offense this is a big problem.

5) The defense wasn't stout enough to hold onto a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. I'll give some slack to the defense for being out on the field a lot later in the game but the TOP was almost a 30 30 split between the two teams so it wasn't THAT bad for them. Great defenses come up with big stops and snuff out rallys like that and we simply couldn't get off the field and gave up big plays.

In regards to Smith I'll say that the good he did washed out the bad and he didn't win the game for us but he didn't lose it either. I mean we did put 24 points on the board and most of that had to do with what he did and I don't think you can gloss over that but he could've played much better in the 2nd half and put even more points on the board and iced the game.