• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Reasons the Niners lost this game

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Case and point: Romo played better than Alex with a broken rib and an inferior OL. And it's not like he had a running game either;

Too many times I see Alex miss a wide open player. That's inexcuseable.

His biggest play was when Walker had 7 yards on the nearest defenser. It's just clear the guy can't make very many throws. He's extremely limited. This isn't news, but the Niners had a great chance to win a huge game and he blew it.

I guess the Kyle Williams TD was thrown by another QB. That was a throw into a tight coverage

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 point lead we had! Good defenses don't let those go. I agree the offense and Alex didn't do anything to further that lead. But i expect more from the defense!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
10 point lead we had! Good defenses don't let those go.

The Cowboys' D did last week.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't have taken that sack. He should've seen that Ware was floating to the flat. Instead Smith turns his entire body away from the pass-rush and loses 8 yards on a ridiculously stupid play. Losing 8 yards in that situation is Unacceptable, and it put us in a near impossible 3rd and 16.

IDK... they got to him from the other side, so his blockers stop blocking or were beaten...

I didn't like that play call at all, despite being in hindsight.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I guess the Kyle Williams TD was thrown by another QB. That was a throw into a tight coverage

I will give Alex, the blind squirrell, full credit for finding a nut on that play. Perfect pass.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
10 point lead we had! Good defenses don't let those go.

The Cowboys' D did last week.

No they didn't. The Jets blocked that punt which is on the Cowboys special teams

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look im no smith apologist, but when the offense actually gives us 24 points and the Defense lets them drive down the field late in the 4th qtr and blows a huge coverage to a no named guy in OT then this is def on the defense.

A lot of the times we talk about our defense being the strong point, but they just cant seem to finish games. How do we let Miles Austin kill us like that over and over?

What about the INT that Smith threw immediately after the defense gets the ball back in our redzone? That INT led to Austin's second TD.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Our D was not good last week...our #1, #3, and at times our #2 CB's were out of the game.

My point is that just because the defense gave up a lead it doesn't mean they weren't good. They were on the field too long.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I will give Alex, the blind squirrell, full credit for finding a nut on that play. Perfect pass.

Can't even give the guy credit without taking another cheap shot? You got called for posting a totally BS fact and can't even admit it like a man

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK... they got to him from the other side, so his blockers stop blocking or were beaten...

I didn't like that play call at all, despite being in hindsight.

No, they got to him through the middle. I remember that play perfectly.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D was not good last week...our #1, #3, and at times our #2 CB's were out of the game.

My point is that just because the defense gave up a lead it doesn't mean they weren't good. They were on the field too long.

The D has to play too and win games as well.... They really didn't see too much time in the first half... our offense had acceptable drives eating clock and the defense themselves forced 3 n outs plenty of times or turnovers....

How much more rest did they need? They needed to make a stop, they didn't therefore stayed on the field.

No Pass rush with soft coverage hurted them and that's on them.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the INT that Smith threw immediately after the defense gets the ball back in our redzone? That INT led to Austin's second TD.

Horrible pass by smith i agree and thats on him no doubt.

Its like is smith the only QB that is not allowed to throw an INT?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 point lead we had! Good defenses don't let those go. I agree the offense and Alex didn't do anything to further that lead. But i expect more from the defense!

You're right, we had a 10 pt. lead - until Alex threw the INT that immediately led to Austin's second TD. C'mon people.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they got to him through the middle. I remember that play perfectly.

OK, so with Alex veering to his left, he pulled back on the throw to Gore then got hit from the middle. He probably had some time, but was there anyone open for it?

He didn't throw it away and got lost in his head.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can't even give the guy credit without taking another cheap shot?

I said it was a perfect pass. What do you want? The rest of his play was Chokey & limited.

You got called for posting a totally BS fact and can't even admit it like a man

I never said Alex didn't have ANY good plays? Did I? There's a reason the Niners don't throw the ball very often; Alex isn't good enough to make very many of them. I'd have to look, but I think his total yardage for 2 games is lower than Romo's for 1 game. It's probably close. NFL people know how to defend Alex because he's slow to get rid of the ball & isn't very accurate. And his arm is weak.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible pass by smith i agree and thats on him no doubt.

Its like is smith the only QB that is not allowed to throw an INT?

Don't say the defense should've held our 10 pt lead when Alex Smith gives them the ball in our own redzone. These apologies know no bounds.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this might be unfathomable to some people, but maybe it's because Alex Smith doesn't see open WRs?

:behindsofa:

lol that's a different topic... is there a way we can see that play from an overhead view, I like to know who was out there and what routes...