• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Reasons the Niners lost this game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd string WRs, a 2nd rate OL and 2 and change yards per rush on the ground?

Romo was missing Dez, and that's a bigger loss than any WR on the Niners. Also his OL is worse than the Niners' OL and he had a broken rib; but he out-shined Alex. He was the anti-Romo today & won the game when it came dow to the wire.

The sinlge biggest problem the 49ers have is that they can't pass the ball. That's why they can't run the ball; it's not the other way around.

It's also why the defense got so tired in the 4th quarter.

I wouldn't agree with that after today's performance....

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2 reasons the niners lost this game: Less Talent.

It may be hard to admit, but the Niners have poor talent. Especially on the offense. Gore may be great but does it matter when they cannot block for him or the passing game is so weak no one cares about it?

Look at all the playmaker they had. Who did we have? Not one. When was the last time you saw a niner make a huge play like that at the end of a game to get a win? Memory fails me.

It is becoming crystal clear now why the offense has been so conservative and remains so. They are trying to cover up a serious lack of talent all over.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Smith was a top 10 qb he would have won the game, I'm not going to get on him for not being a top 10 qb. In my mind giving up huge pass plays; whether it's due to the pass rush, the dbs, or both, was the major factor on defense, and it would have helped a little with a 14 point lead, then a 10 point lead if our running game was more of a threat. 2 yards a carry won't often cut it in this league. If you can't run and you can't stop John Kitna for god's sake you're not going to win very many games no matter who your quarterback is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2 reasons the niners lost this game: Less Talent.

I'll co-sign that.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was Smith playing vs. the 49ers defense?

Dez has 1 100yd game in his career. He still had Miles Austin and probably the best possession TE in the NFL.
Like I already said Smith threw the most passes to Ted Ginn. He is not even an avg WR. There is a reason he had to take a cut to stick around.

His OL is NOT worse, probably better.

Smith and his 6.9 yards per attempt so far is average. Gore and the running 2.5 is GARBAGE.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dez has 1 100yd game in his career.

Dez is better than any WR on the Niners by far.

His OL is NOT worse, probably better.

I'll digress after saying I strongly disagree with that.

Smith and his 6.9 yards per attempt so far is average. Gore and the running 2.5 is GARBAGE.

Is Alex struggling because of Gore or is Gore struggling because of Alex?

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Funny about this thread: I thought that Alex Smith was the quarterback, not a DB who gave up numerous humongous and killing plays. When did he switch to defense?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting this one directly on Harbaugh for not taking a first down near the Cowboys 20 yard line.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting this one directly on Harbaugh for not taking a first down near the Cowboys 20 yard line.

That just seemed to be wayyyyy too cautious, and not a great vote for the offense. I wonder if he makes the same decision later in the season? Given how the defense gave up those big passes.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In 2009 Romo didn't have Dez. He had a great year.

The passing game is doing that little something as designed it appears.

The running game has been garbage. They are sticking with it and it isn't working. Our ratio is more Run than Pass. Uncommon in the NFL today. And its not like we were doing under Sing where it was 1st down runs 75% of the time. Nothing is working on the ground other than Smith scrambles or that Smith lead block counter pitch.

The recipe certainly calls for a sprinkling of more impact passes but it is being ruined before we can get to that point.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get over it! I don't agree with people all calling it Alex fault nor do i condone him for not being a problem. As tough as this loss it, lets move on!

PS did Braylon even play all that many snaps today? Or did i miss something, did he get hurt?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
PS did Braylon even play all that many snaps today? Or did i miss something, did he get hurt?

Yes, he got hurt.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he got hurt.

Thanks i must of missed it, watching a game at a bar is horrible. Especially with all the Dallas fans cheering every little play like they won the superbowl.

Roosh016

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed on that one. What about the TD pass to Williams? Alex Smith played one heck of a game. The OL fell apart in the second half and if you're blaming the DBs, then look at the film. The D blitzed way too much and Dallas kept countering it. Why not have more preventive plays on D, it was working in the first half and when Kitna was on the field?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was AS the only reason we lost? No. But I can't remember watching an NFL team play where they are basically at 2nd or 3rd and WAY long for the entire game. It seems like we are always facing 2nd and 18 or 3rd and 12. This team can't convert those plays, so our punter gets a lot of practice honing his craft.

Is that ALL on AS? No. But a good deal of it is. I can't remember watching an NFL team take so many "YOU CAN'T TAKE A SACK HERE!!!!!" sacks. It seems like AS doesn't realize that there are points in the game where you CAN'T take a sack or throw a pick.

Regardless of where the blame lays in this game, Smith continues to prove that he is NOT an NFL quarterback. If we go 15-1 this year (and we won't) he will be responsible for NONE of those wins. Let me rephrase that. How many games have the Patriots recorded as wins that would have been losses without Brady? Bad question because of the magic Cassell year. How many games have the Colts recorded as wins that would have been losses without Manning? How many games have the Chargers recorded as wins that would have been losses without Rivers?

In his entire career, the only games that come to mind that Smith won are the Seahawks game in November of 06, and Denver of the same season. But he has LOST a ton of games all by himself.

Regardless of whether or not Smith "lost" this game, I think it's safe to say the Smith experiment is a failure. We haven't had a legitimate passing game since Garcia was playing for Mooch. Which is absolutely affecting our run game and defense.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in another thread but I meant to put it here:
Ok heres a few things:

#1 felt like the front seven played pretty good

#2 Secondary sucks really wish Peterson was in a niners uniform

#3 I feel like we are better coached this year for sure but there were some very questionable decisions. The decision not to take that penalty and keep the points on the board (horrible) The play call in which Alex took the sack in OT (horrible) Serioulsy those of you that think Alex could of done something other than take the sack are blind. Look Im not a big Alex fan but he played decent.

#4 Speaking of Smith he did throw a horrible int which led to a cowboy score.

#5 We never take shots down the field until we have to. I know we might not have the best options down the field but you gotta at least try. You dont even have to always complete it downfield for those plays to be successful. The fact that the defense knows you might go big they have to cover it. But if you know a certain team wont really take chances you load up the box. You have to soften the defense especially when they are keying on Gore. Basically every teams plan is to stop Gore and make Alex beat them. Our run game will suck until Harbaugh decides to take some chances down the field.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
#2 Secondary sucks really wish Peterson was in a niners uniform

Who?