• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Reasons the Niners lost this game

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has to play too and win games as well.... They really didn't see too much time in the first half... our offense had acceptable drives eating clock and the defense themselves forced 3 n outs plenty of times or turnovers....

How much more rest did they need? They needed to make a stop, they didn't therefore stayed on the field.

No Pass rush with soft coverage hurted them and that's on them.

Exactly!

We know our offense cant put away games all the times. The fact is the Defense couldn't stop them when it mattered. We never give our D a 2 plus possession lead and they failed to capitalize.

Overall the fact is we are not a complete team still on both sides of the ball. But my only grudge is that with a 10 point lead, the defense needs to come away with the stops. There was no pressure at all today. Did Fangio think only our DL was gonna get it done today or was he too scared of the Cowboys passing threat?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smith had 2 less attempts than Dallas had completions.

Don't give me that BS of Smith needs to somehow keep the offense on the field when the running game was getting 2.5 per rush. I'd like more but Ginn leading the way with 7 targets is not a good sign.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Case and point: Romo played better than Alex with a broken rib and an inferior OL. And it's not like he had a running game either;

Too many times I see Alex miss a wide open player. That's inexcuseable.

His biggest play was when Walker had 7 yards on the nearest defenser. It's just clear the guy can't make very many throws. He's extremely limited. This isn't news, but the Niners had a great chance to win a huge game and he blew it.

i agree

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two huge pass plays for a touchdown and to set up the winning field goal, 24 points on the board, no running game for whatever reason and Alex Smith is the reason we lost. Perfect, I see this board has the same IQ level as the ESPN board.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We only had one 10 pt lead the entire game, 24-14. Were you drunk?

No I am not... Check out the box scores --> here

Niners up 14-0 before the half the Cowboys scored. 3rd QTR Kitna got intercepted by Whitner. On the ensuing series, Smith got intercepted by Ball. Score 14-14. Smith TD pass to Walker. Score 21-14. Fourth QTR Akers FG. Score 24-14 Then Romo to Austin TD 24-21. 2 sec left in the game Dallas FG. Game tied 24-24.

Maybe you were drunk

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two huge pass plays for a touchdown and to set up the winning field goal, 24 points on the board, no running game for whatever reason and Alex Smith is the reason we lost. Perfect, I see this board has the same IQ level as the ESPN board.

+1 :brick:

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're lucky to be 1-1. We could've easily lost the Seattle game if it weren't for Ginn. I didn't expect us to come out of this game with a win. It was nice to see us get a lead and play great in the first half, and yea it definitely stings to lose a game like that. Hopefully Harbaugh will learn from this and doesn't take his foot off the gas after the first half next week. BTW we better learn how to cover somebody because we get AJ Green next week.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Your right. That interception that Smith threw and they way he moved the offense had nothing to do with the loss.
How many first downs did the 49ers get in the 4th and in overtime?

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if Calvin Johnson will beat out our team in receiving TDs this year.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 14 games left in the season, relax people.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We left the Win on the field... it was there... what else could we asked for?

Depleted DAL secondary
No Bryant
Young OL
Hurting Romo
Starting game off at 14-0

It was there... we choke it away..... we left it out there... teh Domino started with Harbs declining...

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your right. That interception that Smith threw and they way he moved the offense had nothing to do with the loss.
How many first downs did the 49ers get in the 4th and in overtime?

I think his point was that Alex wasn't the only reason we lost.

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming Alex alone for this loss is rediculous and ignorant. I thought we left that one sided mentality with the trolls on the other board? There were plenty of reasons. No run blocking, poor pass protection, declining a 15 yard penalty that would've burnt time off the clock and possibly put us up by 14 instead of 10, blowing a 10 point lead, stupid penalties, poor pass defending........the list goes on. Alex didn't lose this game, the team did.

Maybe Ginn lost the game for us because he didn't run back two scores for us huh? Hell, we would've lost last week if not for him and Seattle sucks!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, let me re-phrase it; the 49ers put Alex Smith in a position to win the game today, and I think about 26 out of 32 starting QBs would have won today in his shoes.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, let me re-phrase it; the 49ers put Alex Smith in a position to win the game today, and I think about 26 out of 32 starting QBs would have won today in his shoes.

2nd string WRs, a 2nd rate OL and 2 and change yards per rush on the ground?

Keep :hdn: that chicken.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the bold part. He didn't lose it, but he could have Won the game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2nd string WRs, a 2nd rate OL and 2 and change yards per rush on the ground?

Romo was missing Dez, and that's a bigger loss than any WR on the Niners. Also his OL is worse than the Niners' OL and he had a broken rib; but he out-shined Alex. He was the anti-Romo today & won the game when it came dow to the wire.

The sinlge biggest problem the 49ers have is that they can't pass the ball. That's why they can't run the ball; it's not the other way around.

It's also why the defense got so tired in the 4th quarter.