• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Phoenix Suns vs 7) LA Lakers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have kept Danny Green....Schroder was such a joke.

I said that to a friend the other day.

Their off season/in season moves looked good on paper,

But give me Rondo, Green and Dwight over Schroeder, Harrell, Drummond and Gasol all day every day.

Better chemistry, better fit.

That is a lot of change for a defending champ.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue i think is- they are under the cap. Why not just sign him outright? They dont need to do a SnT.

About 26M under, disregarding cap holds (the majority of which is Lowry anyway).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's lazy trolling. When you get called out on something dumb claim you were joking/sarcastic. Trump said that after telling us all to drink bleach. Doesn't work on me.

C'mon, we all know Dame and Steph aren't coming to LA.....yet. :thumb:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to know how good they could have been because they were never really healthy enough for long enough to get everyone on the same page. As someone else said, this could be a blessing in disguise because it gives Lebron and AD a 4 month break to get rested and healed.
I wouldnt call it a blessing in disguise per se- just because at 36 years old----- and of course will be 37 next year- you are on a clock with LeBron.

It will definitely be good for both of them to rest and be healthy- I agree on that- but at this point in his career every season for LeBron is title or bust if he hopes to try and catch MJ- which he clearly wanted to.

LeBron sustained the most serious injury of his career this year. 2 years ago he missed a lot of games because of injuries. Id guess he has missed more games in the 3 seasons with the Lakers than in the 15 or so years he played with the Cavs and Heat combined--- which of course is likely do to his age.

LeBron is a freak- and we dont know what the window is- and exactly how open it is- we dont know how fast that window is closing- but we do know its closing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not like the Suns are exactly world beaters.

If they got waxed by the Jazz or Clippers, or a healthy Denver id be more prone to agree with your sentiment.

3 years mileage and coming off a high ankle sprain.

He clearly isn’t right.

I definitely think 2018 LeBron would have won this series for the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 years old in December, with like 3 whole extra seasons worth of playoff games, Olympic games, etc......LeBron has so much mileage on his odometer its really incredible he is still as good as he is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But give me Rondo, Green and Dwight over Schroeder, Harrell, Drummond and Gasol all day every day.

the Harrell signing never made sense to me. They had Kuzma. Why pay 2 power forwards that basically do similar things.

Lakers better hope Harrell decides he can do be better than 10M guaranteed to play in LA and that he declines his option.

in this cap environment i would not be to sure on that one. Id call it 50/50.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dwight would likely have been back, but he panicked on day 1 of free agency, thinking he was a day 1 priority lol. Rondo turned down his player option and left for a sizable raise to Atlanta. Green was inconsistent last year, and with Rondo's exit the Lakers needed another playmaker. Drummond wasn't part of the plan, signed midseason due to AD's injury mostly (and the limitations of Gasol and Harrell). These weren't all part of a pre-conceived plan.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 years old in December, with like 3 whole extra seasons worth of playoff games, Olympic games, etc......LeBron has so much mileage on his odometer its really incredible he is still as good as he is.
No shit. Part of his co-GOAT resume.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight would likely have been back, but he panicked on day 1 of free agency, thinking he was a day 1 priority lol. Rondo turned down his player option and left for a sizable raise to Atlanta. Green was inconsistent last year, and with Rondo's exit the Lakers needed another playmaker. Drummond wasn't part of the plan, signed midseason due to AD's injury mostly (and the limitations of Gasol and Harrell). These weren't all part of a pre-conceived plan.

I don't think he panicked. I think the Lakers signed Gasol and Dwight reasonably thought that meant they were moving on from him especially as he thought he had a deal in place.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit. I’m pretty psyched that Morey snuck in there and pulled Dwight off. He’s been an asset for the Sixers for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Harrell signing never made sense to me. They had Kuzma. Why pay 2 power forwards that basically do similar things.

Lakers better hope Harrell decides he can do be better than 10M guaranteed to play in LA and that he declines his option.

in this cap environment i would not be to sure on that one. Id call it 50/50.

Harrell is a small ball center, something Kuzma can't do. He's more of a 3/4, with Harrell a 4/5. In the playoffs, McGee/Dwight got fewer and fewer minutes as the Lakers played small, so they added a small ball center who was 6th man of the year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. Part of his co-GOAT resume.
I never had him at #1 even in Cleveland.

Its still Jordan for me. 6-0.

Prime Wade and Prime Davis are easily better than anyone Jordan played with. Bosh is a hall of famer. Love might be a hall of famer (while you might react negatively to that- his numbers shooting/rebounding- are pretty historical). Kyrie will probably be a hall of famer and was awesome in the championship series they won.

I do have LeBron #2 though solidly.