• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Phoenix Suns vs 7) LA Lakers

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeEffort: :rolleyes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got to manage his energy. Do you see guys like Doncic or Jokic or Lillard managing their energy in an elimination game? A new era is starting. He had a ridiculous, historic run but it's over.

Depends on how you define over.

His window of being a dominant MVP candidate that can take over a series and carry a team might be over.

But he can still be an all star level contributor for the next few years. He is a freak and he has evolved his game enough so that he will be able to play effectively for a good bit.

Good off season moves and good health for the Lakers can put them right back among the top.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better the Lakers lost early and rest this off season than prolong the season without a real chance at winning a ring. AD's groin was never going to heal before the next round even if the Lakers got passed the Suns. Lebron probably came back too early from his injury too because his lateral movement was impaired, he could hardly keep any offensive players in front of him. I have never seen so many player blow passed him before.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Lakers continued to push after falling ahead early in this one. Booker was insane early and nearly put this game to bed, but the Lakers kept chipping away even with AD and Caruso shelved. I was a disappointed to see Lebron spend more time arguing then hustling late; would it have really hurt him to finish off the game? The rest of his team was playing hard.

Congrats to the Suns, they earned the series win regardless of AD's status (although I wish we could've seen a completely healthy series for both teams). If Chris Paul is fully healthy, does Payne have as much impact? Would AD keep the Lakers attached during these Suns runs? Maybe we'll get a rematch next year.

The Lakers really need to find more consistent perimeter shooting around Lebron and convince AD to play the 5 more. Can they find the shooters? I guess we wait and see who's willing to come. The longest offseason of Lebron's career should help get him back to his "99.9", or as close as reality will allow anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Lakers continued to push after falling ahead early in this one. Booker was insane early and nearly put this game to bed, but the Lakers kept chipping away even with AD and Caruso shelved. I was a disappointed to see Lebron spend more time arguing then hustling late; would it have really hurt him to finish off the game? The rest of his team was playing hard.

Congrats to the Suns, they earned the series win regardless of AD's status (although I wish we could've seen a completely healthy series for both teams). If Chris Paul is fully healthy, does Payne have as much impact? Would AD keep the Lakers attached during these Suns runs? Maybe we'll get a rematch next year.

The Lakers really need to find more consistent perimeter shooting around Lebron and convince AD to play the 5 more. Can they find the shooters? I guess we wait and see who's willing to come. The longest offseason of Lebron's career should help get him back to his "99.9", or as close as reality will allow anyway.

AD scored 68 points in the 2 Laker wins, and 19 points in the 4 Phoenix wins.

I believe the answer to the AD question is emphatically clear.

I don’t think the Laker chemistry was ever good enough to win the whole thing this year, but they would have beat the Suns with a healthy AD.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers killed the team that they were building when they signed LeBron. He is old and he sucks. They over paid for a washed up has been. I watched a total of 3 games this season after not missing any Lakers games since 1999. I probably wont watch many next season as well. Can't wait for this bum to get off the team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers killed the team that they were building when they signed LeBron. He is old and he sucks. They over paid for a washed up has been. I watched a total of 3 games this season after not missing any Lakers games since 1999. I probably wont watch many next season as well. Can't wait for this bum to get off the team.

Must suck to win a title after a good half decade of losing seasons

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rofl those poor Lakers fans. So fucking glad the Suns won.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rofl those poor Lakers fans. So fucking glad the Suns won.

If only the Lakers had Brandon Ingram, Jason Hart, and Lonzo. I mean just look at how amazing the Pels are with them plus a once every few years top pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Hysterical.

You won a title.

The Pelicans haven’t made the playoffs yet.

Had the Lakers kept that core together, they probably wouldn’t have either.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is on Vogel and the staff. For one, it was completely stupid and reckless to put Davis out there when he CLEARLY wasn't ready right from the get go. You're fucking up your game plan right from the start. He starts Gasol, but there's no adjustments from the previous game. They're playing the Suns the exact same way defensively they did with Drummond and they got cooked. Then guess what happened. After halftime, they start trapping the Suns PnRs, hard doubling Booker, and then playing 5 out sets on offense with Gasol or Morris and SURPRISE, they're way more effective. Almost clawed their way back into the game. I'd actually rather they would've been blown out because now I'm pissed off since I knew that's the way they should have played from the start. It worked in game 2. It worked at the end of game 4 when they almost came back to steal it after the Davis injury. Yet Vogel was so damn reluctant to play this way. Just shittyass coaching out of him this series (really since about Jan/Feb)
its cute how you think Vogel is the head coach

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at you.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you define over.

His window of being a dominant MVP candidate that can take over a series and carry a team might be over.

But he can still be an all star level contributor for the next few years. He is a freak and he has evolved his game enough so that he will be able to play effectively for a good bit.

Good off season moves and good health for the Lakers can put them right back among the top.
This.

Time for Pelinka to go to work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs and Heat had injuries to Wade/Bosh/Kyrie/Love in the earlier rounds on multiple occasions. They were able to overcome that in the earlier rounds because they were able to have 2 all stars play with LeBron. Getting that 3rd guy was key.

The Lakers were not able to get that third guy- so when one gets injured- they were just lost.