• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Phoenix Suns vs 7) LA Lakers

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lakers, but it will take all 7

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "playoffs" haven't even started.....LOL.

Cmon man.

You think the play in game is more like a playoff game, or a regular season game?

This game tonight is like a game 7. Whether or not it is officially a playoff game is irrelevant. You lose your season is over.

I can guarantee you that LeBron and the Lakers viewed that Wednesday game as if it were a playoff game.

So yes, rotations from it are a lot more predictive than any regular season game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James violated health and safety protocols but won't be suspended.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James violated health and safety protocols but won't be suspended.
It’s pretty clear what has to happen. Will the NBA follow through on arguably their most important marketing tool? I doubt it. It’s not right but that’s what should happen. Schroeder missed games for a similar violation. The rules don’t apply to stars apparently if the NBA does nothing.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think LeBron is going to throw the series to the Suns!?
Never said that.

Said without James it would take the Lakers 7 games to beat the Suns, with James they'll beat the Suns in 5 games.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think LeBron is going to throw the series to the Suns!?

Never said that.

Said without James it would take the Lakers 7 games to beat the Suns, with James they'll beat the Suns in 5 games.
Please tell me you didn't actually take that seriously.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s pretty clear what has to happen. Will the NBA follow through on arguably their most important marketing tool? I doubt it. It’s not right but that’s what should happen. Schroeder missed games for a similar violation. The rules don’t apply to stars apparently if the NBA does nothing.

If I understand what I heard earlier to be correct...apparently it's okay if the player has been vaccinated. I think length of time a player was at whatever event is taken into consideration as well. From what I read it looks like he stopped by, but didn't stick around.

But yeah, whatever the case, the NBA isn't suspending him and they will likely try to make this go away asap by either releasing a statement that "explains" their decision or by just not discussing it anymore.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand what I heard earlier to be correct...apparently it's okay if the player has been vaccinated. I think length of time a player was at whatever event is taken into consideration as well. From what I read it looks like he stopped by, but didn't stick around.

But yeah, whatever the case, the NBA isn't suspending him and they will likely try to make this go away asap by either releasing a statement that "explains" their decision or by just not discussing it anymore.
The easiest way to clear it up would be for LeBron to publicly say he’s been vaccinated. That’s probably a strong civic minded decision as well because of his high profile persona. I just hope the league is consistent and doesn’t apply the rule to others so they miss playoff games. The most dangerous time in the pandemic has passed. No reason to push this further.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron's all about the playoffs. No way he would have put himself in a situation that would have resulted in missing any games during the most important part of the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easiest way to clear it up would be for LeBron to publicly say he’s been vaccinated. That’s probably a strong civic minded decision as well because of his high profile persona. I just hope the league is consistent and doesn’t apply the rule to others so they miss playoff games. The most dangerous time in the pandemic has passed. No reason to push this further.

Yeah, Schroder has actually come out and said that he's not vaccinated yet. I don't know as that Lebron has ever said one way or the other.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that.

Basically no chance of beating the Suns without LeBron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Schroder has actually come out and said that he's not vaccinated yet. I don't know as that Lebron has ever said one way or the other.

He violated league protocol yet didn't get in trouble for it. Which leads me to think not only has he been vaccinated, the league knew he was and that's why he won't be missing any games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that.

Not so sure about that. AD's a damn good player. But it's not in his make-up to put a team on his shoulders and carry them. Take the best player off any team in the playoffs and they aren't winning a series. Well with the exception of the Nets. KD could sit this round out and they would still beat the disappointing (to me) Celtics.