• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 - 2015 NFL Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to promote my FB pick Larry Centers. Milk suggested I take a fast RB who I won't mention and it was a good idea but I feel I could play Emmitt Smith and Larry Centers at the same time. I couldn't or shouldn't start 2 RB's at the same time. Now what really makes Centers special is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. This added to my receivers and tight end makes him extremely dangerous. Centers is best receiving FB of all-time (IMO). Now meberts defense can load up and double team against my tall receivers but who is going to cover the fullback or Shockey. I might play a 3-3-5 defense to help double cover meberts receivers. I'll normally be in a 3-4 scheme but depending on how things go can easily switch to other schemes.
I don't think Emmitt works with a small back. He became the NFL all time leading rushers paired with a back named Moose

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Emmitt works with a small back. He became the NFL all time leading rushers paired with a back named Moose

I agree and that's why I took a FB not another RB. WLK mentioned the same thing that Emmitt did well when he had Moose blocking for him. To bad Moose was drafted 1 year later or would have paired those 2 together. Centers and Smith I feel are a great pairing and should do well on my offense.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Ritz's receivers i was not a fan of smith in the first place. Ground and pound runners need volume. So I think a team up with a speed back would strengthen the overall team because he will ultimately turn smith into a short yardage back and have the speed back as the big play guy. Thought that ritzy' offense would be better with one more playmaker.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and that's why I took a FB not another RB. WLK mentioned the same thing that Emmitt did well when he had Moose blocking for him. To bad Moose was drafted 1 year later or would have paired those 2 together. Centers and Smith I feel are a great pairing and should do well on my offense.
Emmitt us an I back tailback 100%, Centers I'd more of an offset FB. On a side note, I went to school with Larry for a while, good guy and crazy hard worker

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt us an I back tailback 100%, Centers I'd more of an offset FB. On a side note, I went to school with Larry for a while, good guy and crazy hard worker

I new that and that's why I took him in hopes of persuading you :suds:

On a side note my dad's freshman roommate for a couple of months at Penn State was Franco Harris. He said he was just so nice to everyone.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ritz's receivers i was not a fan of smith in the first place. Ground and pound runners need volume. So I think a team up with a speed back would strengthen the overall team because he will ultimately turn smith into a short yardage back and have the speed back as the big play guy. Thought that ritzy' offense would be better with one more playmaker.
I think Emmitt would be great in his offense, if he went with a blocking FB. Dallas didn't have 4 great receivers, they had one great one and a good TE, and it played well off Emmitt. My problem is, against these defenses, its tough to project guys doing things that weren't their strengths

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Emmitt would be great in his offense, if he went with a blocking FB. Dallas didn't have 4 great receivers, they had one great one and a good TE, and it played well off Emmitt. My problem is, against these defenses, its tough to project guys doing things that weren't their strengths

Emmitt is now surrounded by better players which is hard to believe because they had some great teams. Now I don't think the secondaries are outstanding in this draft because of the year restrictions. It's going to be tough for any team in this draft defend the great offenses everyone has created. I'm so glad I took Champ Bailey in the second round.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday's game between Redskins vs Cowboys should be the ugliest game to watch. Neither team will be trying to win. Skins should have their 3rd string/practice squad team playing and what's the motivation for Cowboys to win? If they win they could lose a few draft spots. I'll take the under on that game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Emmitt, if you need 4 yards he gets you 4 yards, if you need 20 yards he gets you 4 yards. He also gets you 4 yards on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday's game between Redskins vs Cowboys should be the ugliest game to watch. Neither team will be trying to win. Skins should have their 3rd string/practice squad team playing and what's the motivation for Cowboys to win? If they win they could lose a few draft spots. I'll take the under on that game.
I'd bet Dez doesn't play again. If the Redskins had to have this game, the Cowboys would go all out to knock them out. With the Redskins already in, the only thing a win does for Dallas is knock them from 2-3 down to 7-8. I don't think the corner I want from Florida will be there at 8....

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet Dez doesn't play again. If the Redskins had to have this game, the Cowboys would go all out to knock them out. With the Redskins already in, the only thing a win does for Dallas is knock them from 2-3 down to 7-8. I don't think the corner I want from Florida will be there at 8....

And that's why it's going to be a ugly game.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But how much does a power back even need a FB?? they just run straight into the hole, there is not much dancing or anything... and FBs are also power backs, so doesn't it make the running game one dimensional... even if you want to pass to the full back, they don't have the speed to make the BIG plays...

How was Smith's QB protection?? was it bad enough to take him off the field on passing downs?? that is basically what he is doing...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how much does a power back even need a FB?? they just run straight into the hole, there is not much dancing or anything... and FBs are also power backs, so doesn't it make the running game one dimensional... even if you want to pass to the full back, they don't have the speed to make the BIG plays...

How was Smith's QB protection?? was it bad enough to take him off the field on passing downs?? that is basically what he is doing...
Emmitt was a try hard pass blocker. Some backs, like AP and ED don't need a FB, and maybe Emmitt didn't, but Emmitt was a great RB not because of speed or power, but because of his excellent vision, and he would play a lot of his cuts off the FB blocks, as he was a downhill back

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt was a try hard pass blocker. Some backs, like AP and ED don't need a FB, and maybe Emmitt didn't, but Emmitt was a great RB not because of speed or power, but because of his excellent vision, and he would play a lot of his cuts off the FB blocks, as he was a downhill back

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying a full back is bad for Emmit... But in real life the cowboys were more of a run team... In this mock look at Ritz's WRs there is no way he wants to give Smith the volume he needs... That's why I think the FB is the wrong move, maximizing a player who needs volume is not the way to go, you need to have another play maker IMO...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying a full back is bad for Emmit... But in real life the cowboys were more of a run team... In this mock look at Ritz's WRs there is no way he wants to give Smith the volume he needs... That's why I think the FB is the wrong move, maximizing a player who needs volume is not the way to go, you need to have another play maker IMO...
There's more than one way to skin a cat. If it were my squad, ad Emmitt were your lead guy, I'd give him a FB and high volume carries, force the D to stay in base and bring a safety down because of the FB, and then let those great receivers kill them in play action

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Emmitt, if you need 4 yards he gets you 4 yards, if you need 20 yards he gets you 4 yards. He also gets you 4 yards on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down.

You mean 3...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more than one way to skin a cat. If it were my squad, ad Emmitt were your lead guy, I'd give him a FB and high volume carries, force the D to stay in base and bring a safety down because of the FB, and then let those great receivers kill them in play action

true, so it really depends on how ritzy wants his offense... I still think with those receivers I would rather be a receiving team since his receivers are BETTER than Emmit smith... But I do agree with you, if Ritz wants to be a high volume running team then have the FB... But if he wants to be a pass first team, then I strongly recommend Chris Johnson, maybe even Darren sproles...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you may know I'm not shy about stating my opinions, however I usually keep politics and religion out of here because I really enjoy this space, and you guys... I don't want something to get this place away from what it is, which is a great place with great guys to shoot the shit about sports a few personal things and winning vbucks lol... But since you asked, this may be long lol...

This year Walker is 10 and in the 5th grade... This year my wife and I spent a (I should really take all the blame but I'll share:-) rediculous amount of money on Christmas... Walker got the iPhone 6 Dash and Reid got iPads, Walker and Dash got a PS4... Those are some of the highlights... My wife and talked about it afterwards and she wasn't all that happy about spending all that money, and honestly I gotta say I regret it somewhat... There are a handful of financial obligations that could have been handled had we even cut it in half... But I told her this... When I was the exact same age Walker is now, we used a little Christmas Tree that my older brother made in class as our tree... I got a tshirt that said "Hawaii 85" and it was 1987, and my mom was able to get us signed up to get a free lunch and a $50 gift card at Kmart a few days before Christmas... While most of them were pretty disappointing, that one stood out the most...

That story brings me to the point which is, opportunity... This country allows me to go from that Christmas to this Christmas... While I didn't make it to the pros, and I left so much on the table in terms of dedication... Playing a silly game got me to college, going to college allowed me to meet my wife and here we are today... I assume this could happen in Europe, but the experiences I've had in this country has shaped me... The hope that this country was built on excites me for not only my own but my sons futures... I know things can be even better because they have for me...

I come from a home of 7 children, 5 of whom never graduated high school, one who's got 15 months left of a 16year sentence for bank robbery... Most of my years growing up we were on welfare... That's where we need to do better... Poverty kills opportunity, it kills hope... Many on the Political Forum and Politics in general seem to forget the poor... They start to use them as scapegoat for all that is wrong with America... I agree, people must be held accountable... I agree that certain communities aren't as far as they should be... But it isn't the race that is the problem, poverty is... And until we can figure out how to fix that we will never be as great as we could be IMO... Sorry for the long post but that's not any easy answer to give without getting deeper than I like hamburgers... :noidea:

I appreciate your story but other countries offer opportunity to those who work for it, that's not something that's only possible in America.

I have many times had conversations with people in regards to racial issues in this country and the one constant I talk about is it's not really about race it's about class and most people who are racist aren't racist against color but rather culture.

I think you nailed it when you said it kills hope, without hope what do you have? Without hope you live for the moment and don't think or care about the future which results in bad decision making.

PS... Wheres my iPad?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Rings, correct...

Yes 3 rings and 3 yards per carry, after age 26 he averaged less than 4 yards per carry and never was over 4.2, really nothing special about that. He was real good when the team around him was real good otherwise eh, not so much. He was tough and played a long time, I know I rip Emmitt but I do like him and appreciate how good he was when the Cowboys were on top but I also understand that aside from longevity and heart he really wasn't that great.