• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 - 2015 NFL Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your story but other countries offer opportunity to those who work for it, that's not something that's only possible in America.

I have many times had conversations with people in regards to racial issues in this country and the one constant I talk about is it's not really about race it's about class and most people who are racist aren't racist against color but rather culture.

I think you nailed it when you said it kills hope, without hope what do you have? Without hope you live for the moment and don't think or care about the future which results in bad decision making.

PS... Wheres my iPad?
I couldn't agree more. The main reason a person is a racist is because they aren't happy with the person in the mirror and putting down another group of people makes them feel elevated in a pathetic way

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 3 rings and 3 yards per carry, after age 26 he averaged less than 4 yards per carry and never was over 4.2, really nothing special about that. He was real good when the team around him was real good otherwise eh, not so much. He was tough and played a long time, I know I rip Emmitt but I do like him and appreciate how good he was when the Cowboys were on top but I also understand that aside from longevity and heart he really wasn't that great.
John Madden begs to differ...
I would say, other than longevity and heart, your favorite RB ever wasn't top 10 either. Luckily for Emmitt and Sweetness, those traits count

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll text 500 to see if he has a drop.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Madden begs to differ...
I would say, other than longevity and heart, your favorite RB ever wasn't top 10 either. Luckily for Emmitt and Sweetness, those traits count

John Madden loved the Cowboys he's word really means nothing, I swear he touched himself when talking about Nate Newtons sweaty ass. Walter did everything great, look at what he did with the offenses he had around him, seriously go look at the QB's the Bears had during his prime years, if Emmitt played on those teams you wouldn't know his name.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Madden loved the Cowboys he's word really means nothing, I swear he touched himself when talking about Nate Newtons sweaty ass. Walter did everything great, look at what he did with the offenses he had around him, seriously go look at the QB's the Bears had during his prime years, if Emmitt played on those teams you wouldn't know his name.
That's BS. Emmitt is the one who made the Cowboys great, not the other way around. The Cowboys had won 2 rings by the time Larry Allen got there. We had a great tackle in Erik Williams, but what did Newton ever do before coming to Dallas? How did Gogan do when he left? What had Tuinei done?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 has no drops, I did text WLK to see if he does.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's BS. Emmitt is the one who made the Cowboys great, not the other way around. The Cowboys had won 2 rings by the time Larry Allen got there. We had a great tackle in Erik Williams, but what did Newton ever do before coming to Dallas? How did Gogan do when he left? What had Tuinei done?

So your saying without Emmitt the boys aren't winning those Championships? I have the opinion you could have plugged in just about any good RB and had the same results, but again that's just my opinion.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Smith is like a lot of backs that produced, but not a lot of explosion. The most important thing he did was stay healthy, that is a big deal for RB's and not a lot do it. Curtis Martin and Corey Dillon are similar types. They never make the wow play, but at the end of their careers they are usually winning and have racked up a ton of yards.

I am not a huge fan of Smith, but the stability he brought to the Cowboys was critical, they never had to worry about him, never had to change up the game plan. Let smith grind you down, then kill em with Irvin.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying without Emmitt the boys aren't winning those Championships? I have the opinion you could have plugged in just about any good RB and had the same results, but again that's just my opinion.
Not a prayer in the world. The year Emmitt held out for two games? Lost both of them. Lost one more the entire season while winning the Super Bowl. Look at the other players. Irvin was HOF great. Novacek was great in Dallas...after being cut by Arizona. Alvin Harper left for big money after being a great deep threat in Dallas...total bust. Aikman was a very good QB, but you never hear him mentioned with Brady or Montana, who won 3+ Rings. I would compare Emmitt to Barry Sanders. Emmitt ran into 8-9 man stacked fronts, he was the focus of every defense, and couldn't be stopped. You want to go to YPC? Imagine how many more YPC Emmitt averages if he isn't the short yardage and goal line back for 15 years, the guy making the 1 yard run against stacked goal line fronts. How many more long runs could he have had if he danced around like Barry did, which did get him a lot of 80 yard runs and also put those sorry Lions QB's in 2nd and 13, 3rd and 15 several times a game. That 2nd and 6, 3rd and 3 is te difference between winning and losing.
What swung me around on my opinion of Bill Russell last draft is the same thing I've always known about Emmitt...why was he so dominant in college....in HS... I remember saying the same things you did about Russell, but when we did the college draft.....how did Russell win two Championships in College? He wasn't surrounded by HOFers there

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that oh the Boys lost 2 games and Emmitt came back and saved them, who cares its not like the back in those 2 games was Earl Campbell, of course teams are gonna be better with their starter. Emmitt was better than Derrick Lassic, who knew! The team had 194 yards rushing in the two games Emmitt sat out and 218 in the first two games when he returned, wow what an incredible improvement.

Emmitt had a low average yards per carry because he had all those goal line carries? Maybe if he scored on the first carry and not the 3rd that wouldn't have been an issue. Almost all the top backs were also the teams short yardage back, not just Emmitt. I think you are romanticizing Emmitt a little bit and to be honest so would I if I was a Cowboys fan... I only wish as a Vikings fan I could look back and remember the good ol' years...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that oh the Boys lost 2 games and Emmitt came back and saved them, who cares its not like the back in those 2 games was Earl Campbell, of course teams are gonna be better with their starter. Emmitt was better than Derrick Lassic, who knew! The team had 194 yards rushing in the two games Emmitt sat out and 218 in the first two games when he returned, wow what an incredible improvement.

Emmitt had a low average yards per carry because he had all those goal line carries? Maybe if he scored on the first carry and not the 3rd that wouldn't have been an issue. Almost all the top backs were also the teams short yardage back, not just Emmitt. I think you are romanticizing Emmitt a little bit and to be honest so would I if I was a Cowboys fan... I only wish as a Vikings fan I could look back and remember the good ol' years...
Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt sacrificed for wins. They'll take the Rings and let the haters hate

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt sacrificed for wins. They'll take the Rings and let the haters hate

Ive said many times I don't hate Emmitt or Aikman.

No drops for WLK.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text EHB for drops...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your story but other countries offer opportunity to those who work for it, that's not something that's only possible in America.

I have many times had conversations with people in regards to racial issues in this country and the one constant I talk about is it's not really about race it's about class and most people who are racist aren't racist against color but rather culture.

I think you nailed it when you said it kills hope, without hope what do you have? Without hope you live for the moment and don't think or care about the future which results in bad decision making.

PS... Wheres my iPad?

Completely agree with this post... The living for the moment part is why I feel some regret... I mean our bills are covered but some old stuff could have been taken care of... Growing up financially illiterate makes you do dumb things with money... So I'll be shipping your iPad off next day delivery of course! :yahoo:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I beat Mebert I bet you will dislike Emmitt. :D

Centers was a blocking back for Stephen Davis right...? I think his dual threat running/catching and ability to block makes him special... I know blocking isn't his strength but what he brings to the table he would be the guy I grabbed had Neal not been available... :noidea:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in for both, I am also going to do my own 3rd draft. It will be draft beers, it will start off like I am winning, but in the end there will be no winners.

I'm in for this.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in for this.

I would win this, I don't have a super high tolerance for alcohol, but by Utah state law the beer has a alcohol content of 3.2%, can't be higher.

I only ever went to a bar here once, the drinks are metered, so you can't build a good rapport over the years with a bartender and get stronger drinks because he knows you tip well and don't cause issues. All drinks have the same meter, and it is weak. You also can't order a second drink before you have finished your current one.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would win this, I don't have a super high tolerance for alcohol, but by Utah state law the beer has a alcohol content of 3.2%, can't be higher.

I only ever went to a bar here once, the drinks are metered, so you can't build a good rapport over the years with a bartender and get stronger drinks because he knows you tip well and don't cause issues. All drinks have the same meter, and it is weak. You also can't order a second drink before you have finished your current one.

Commie bastards! It's your right as an American to get drunk off yer ass and make bad decisions! WTH, lolzzzz

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise, but I am in for both drafts... But I do think we need to talk about how to make the golf one work before starting it...

I would love to thow in a 3 man best ball tournament into the golf draft...