• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
relative to the rest of the league...

Fucking hilarious!! Dude, that would be great if we were interested in comparing league scoring.

Comparing the 2012 49ers to the 2011 49ers we are down in points and up in yards - care to guess which of the two is most important?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
PPG is down .2

That is 1.6 total over 8 games.

If Akers had only missed 4 FG not 5 + the one that got blocked isn't counted. We are at 24.0 PPG not 23.6

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hilarious!! Dude, that would be great if we were interested in comparing league scoring.

Comparing the 2012 49ers to the 2011 49ers we are down in points and up in yards - care to guess which of the two is most important?

our red zone offense is doing better....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, THAT is retarded! This is where you and the other Alex Smith man whores go completely off the rails - Alex is MUCH closer to the same QB as he was when came into this league than he is different.

This is a perfect example of what I explained about you & others in my statistics post. You see statistics, you shove your head up your ass then pull out what ever made up story you want to fit the statistics and when statistics stop working you switch to excuses.

How about you actually learning the game then actually watching the games instead of just looking at statistics and making up stories and excuses. Perhaps if you watched the games with any measure of understanding of what was actually going on you might not make such idiotic statements as the one above.

As to Smith reverting back to 6.4 or not it doesn't matter - the point is that he is he will fall back. The type of offense he has been restricted to running dictates that. Again, if you watched and understood you would know this.

what the fuck?

look the numbers during his first three seasons. they are nothing compared to the past couple seasons, heck even the last 4 since he came back from injury. smith's play was night and day different before and after that near benching in the eagles game. no stats are even needed for that.

whether u think smith is ok or not, doesn't matter. saying smith is the same qb as his first couple seasons is just stupid. you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck?

look the numbers during his first three seasons. they are nothing compared to the past couple seasons, heck even the last 4 since he came back from injury. smith's play was night and day different before and after that near benching in the eagles game. no stats are even needed for that.

whether u think smith is ok or not, doesn't matter. saying smith is the same qb as his first couple seasons is just stupid. you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

That's your freakin' problem. It's like you're watching the stat sheet more than you're watching the game.

Four years ago what were Alex Smith's strengths/weaknesses? What are his strengths/weaknesses today?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are u watching the same games i am? smith is much better now than he was during his first 3seasons. this shouldn't even be a question...

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's your freakin' problem. It's like you're watching the stat sheet more than you're watching the game.

Four years ago what were Alex Smith's strengths/weaknesses? What are his strengths/weaknesses today?

I know where I stood and have told you. I saw drafting Mark Sanchez with the 10th pick with his strengths/weaknesses as a fine option. The #1 pick hopes had sailed and they never returned.

I am very doubtful you would of taken kindly to someone saying Alex Smith would be doing what he is now. They would of been tarred and feathered.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPG is down .2

That is 1.6 total over 8 games.

If Akers had only missed 4 FG not 5 + the one that got blocked isn't counted. We are at 24.0 PPG not 23.6

Listen-up ass clown - Through 8 games in 2011 we scored 206 points for an average of 25.8 PPG. This year we are at 189 points for an average of 23.6 PPG.

The difference is 2.2 PPG on a stat sheet - However, when you factor in our offensive improvements year over year the difference is even bigger. Do you get that?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't know you you were just using the 8 to start.

Ted Ginn returned a kick and a punt. 206-14=192=24.0 PPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our red zone offense is doing better....

Look at you scouring ESPN's stat page in desperate hope of finding at least SOMETHING to support you claims! LOL!!!

You and your alt (VV) are both too stupid to hate and too stupid to like so I guess I'll just laugh at the both of you. Yes, kid our RZO is doing a little better than last year. Congratulations! Your belief that Alex Smith is an elite NFL QB is confirmed!

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you didn't care you wouldn't type so much. And the venom spitting is a signal your argument is lacking.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at you scouring ESPN's stat page in desperate hope of finding at least SOMETHING to support you claims! LOL!!!

You and your alt (VV) are both too stupid to hate and too stupid to like so I guess I'll just laugh at the both of you. Yes, kid our RZO is doing a little better than last year. Congratulations! Your belief that Alex Smith is an elite NFL QB is confirmed!

i'm not trying to support my claims with anything. its based on my views of what i see during games. when sing was fired i was showing stats of before and after the eagles game and said smith was our best option going into last season.

that has proven to be 100% correct.

smith improved last year under harbaugh even though we had so many injuries on at wr. in hindsight we should have went hard after manning, but coming off neck surgery who knew he would regain his arm strength?

i've never once said smith is an elite qb, so don't start making stuff up.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not trying to support my claims with anything. its based on my views of what i see during games. when sing was fired i was showing stats of before and after the eagles game and said smith was our best option going into last season.

smith improved last year under harbaugh even though we had so many injuries on at wr. in hindsight we should have went hard after manning, but coming off neck surgery who knew he would regain his arm strength?

when sing was fired i was showing stats of before and after the eagles game and said smith was our best option going into last season.

Based on what comparison? That is tantamount to claiming you knew who would win a one-man race - Congratulations you're a fucking genius!

LMAO!!! Oh, so only you are allowed to make shit up?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: QBR

Not garbage but it has problems, when it was promo'd like mad you would see things that made it look in need of changes. I don't know if they have tried to do that or not. Haven't paid much attention to it.

I noticed how they aren't promoting it as much as they did last year. Obviously, that is mainly because new things are promoted more than old things, with the whole "Year of the QB" thing. (Aside: when is it not the year of the QB. The QB makes things go and we'll always talk about them more. What year is it this year? Year of the RB?) Part of it may be because of public reaction to it, perhaps. I don't know.

But I think the smart thing, if they want it to survive, is to do what they are doing - don't pimp it, just put it there in the box score, wait for a couple of years, with casual reference to it from time to time. Pretty soon, people will wrongly cite it as evidence why Barkley isn't as bad as it seems (or conversely how he's worse than hyped). (This is as opposed to forcing it down people's throats, hoping to gather enough supporters and sheeple to keep it rolling. Perhaps bigger short term (with opposers, too) but long term, a constant low profile may help establish it better, even though I don't support it.)

When the traditional QB rating came out, does anyone here know what was the reaction? And what do you guys think of college ratings versus the pros? (Not ratings and statistics in general, just in comparison to each other, pro and con.)

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad Hominem!

Strawman!

Tu quoque!

Reductio ad absurdum!

Onus probandi!

LOUD NOISES!

:bored:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad Hominem!

Strawman!

Tu quoque!

Reductio ad absurdum!

Onus probandi!

LOUD NOISES!

:bored:

So you're saying that everything anyone ever says is reductio ad absurdum?! You're just a hater of everybody. And what up with this claiming that we're all made of straw? Well, people made of straw cannot type on message boards so you are obviously wrong, here. We're real live people who have feelings and opinions and YES WE MAY DISCUSS THEM FROM TIME TO TIME BUT WE DON'T JUST MAKE LOUD NOISES! You couldn't possibly know what you're talking about with the avatar you have, asserting ad hominem indeed. I can use big words, too. Why should we listen to you? You come on here and accusing people of tu quoque and don't expect to be called out? How hypocritical of you, when you too have come on here and agreed with some of us on some things and now say we're just making LOUD NOISES! You have no proof to prove there's a problem with onus probandi in this thread; you just assert it, totally ignoring the burden of proof you hold if you want to accuse us of this. I need proof, examples!

Edit: I'm not sure if I have to explain this, but just in case, I was trying to use all the things you said to reply to your post. Don't seriously have anything against you or what you said. I threw in hyper-sensitive in there, too because I assume you'd agree with that?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that everything anyone ever says is reductio ad absurdum?! You're just a hater of everybody. And what up with this claiming that we're all made of straw? Well, people made of straw cannot type on message boards so you are obviously wrong, here. We're real live people who have feelings and opinions and YES WE MAY DISCUSS THEM FROM TIME TO TIME BUT WE DON'T JUST MAKE LOUD NOISES! You couldn't possibly know what you're talking about with the avatar you have, asserting ad hominem indeed. I can use big words, too. Why should we listen to you? You come on here and accusing people of tu quoque and don't expect to be called out? How hypocritical of you, when you too have come on here and agreed with some of us on some things and now say we're just making LOUD NOISES! You have no proof to prove there's a problem with onus probandi in this thread; you just assert it, totally ignoring the burden of proof you hold if you want to accuse us of this. I need proof, examples!

Edit: I'm not sure if I have to explain this, but just in case, I was trying to use all the things you said to reply to your post. Don't seriously have anything against you or what you said. I threw in hyper-sensitive in there, too because I assume you'd agree with that?

Well put. I wish you left out the Edit to let it stand on it's own, but I guess someone could have misread it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where I stood and have told you. I saw drafting Mark Sanchez with the 10th pick with his strengths/weaknesses as a fine option. The #1 pick hopes had sailed and they never returned.

I am very doubtful you would of taken kindly to someone saying Alex Smith would be doing what he is now. They would of been tarred and feathered.

Puhleaze. I would've been fine with someone claiming that Alex Smith would develop into a mediocre starter, and with help of the best defense and running game in the league, would QB us to the NFCCG. That's realistic. What's not realistic is saying that Alex Smith is a top-10 QB, and it has apparently become blood-libel to speak otherwise about him on this board.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:usa2:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put. I wish you left out the Edit to let it stand on it's own, but I guess someone could have misread it.

I'm too experienced, pessimistic, and paranoid not to clarify it. I've had people misinterpret emails where I thought the sarcasm was obvious and no matter how I try to explain post-reaction, it's rarely ever cleared up. People just assume the worst sometimes, so I put disclaimers in.

I've actually had someone tell me that Stephen Colbert is an idiot conservative, and I don't know if they were kidding (I know the person and how daft they can be). I responded sarcastically saying that the audience knows he's full of shit and is clearly laughing at him, to which he agreed. He said he only saw a segment and couldn't see why anyone would watch someone so extreme. I don't talk much to him, but you can't pick your coworkers, can you? (Unless you're the boss.)