• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i put smith around 12-13 area, so really we're not too far apart. but i still think he can improve. or maybe thats just me being optimistic.

but, if he doesn't, we have this freak of nature sitting and learning.

Not interjecting to get involved, because I really don't care at this point...

Both Mannings
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
Cutler
Ryan
Flacco
Dalton
Schaub
Rivers (despite the last two years)
Luck
RGIII
Stafford
Probably Romo, though my hatred for the Cowboys makes me cringe at typing this.

At best, I'd put him at 16th. If he is contributing. I think Newton, Ponder, Tannehill, Bradford, Fitzgerald and maybe Sanchez could all do what Smith is doing on this team.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not lying and you didn't have to call me out. I didn't know it was comparing only games 1-8.

Your point then was correct and iguana was wrong. Now why were we on the points discussion in the first place?

Because points on the board is the point of the offense.
So looking at the offense and the end product you want; How it is going compared to last year?
Production is up some but points aren't.

Why? Some of it is this...

Through 8 games in 2011 we had 2 Ginn Returns and Akers was on fire. + A Rodgers TD
Through 8 games in 2012 we had 0 Ginn Returns and Akers not on fire + A Rodgers TD

That is about 3 bonus TDs worth of points we got that hasn't happened in 2012. So the offense is nearly the same at getting points at this point in 2012.

The offense needs to score more points. Hoping for Ginn and Akers to light it up on special teams is not good idea.

It certainly looks like things are on a better track. We got 8 more games before the playoffs and need to be more consistent on offense and get into the endzone more.

Okay, so you are still not willing (or perhaps able) to own YOUR posts and have now resorted to blaming your alter ego. Dude, in case you didn't notice, those were YOUR posts - not iguana's

Look, you and I both know what you tried to do with Ginn's points and it is a sad testimony that you are not man enough to own it - 'nuff said.

As for our offense, our rushing offense is on pace with expectations - our passing offense is not even close.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both Mannings
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
Cutler
Ryan
Flacco
Dalton
Schaub
Luck
RGIII
Stafford

At best, I'd put him at 16th. If he is contributing. I think Newton, Ponder, Tannehill, Bradford, Fitzgerald and maybe Sanchez could all do what Smith is doing on this team.

This 100%!!

It bears to be noted that ranking Smith 16th, is not ranking him 16th out of 32 as I completely agree that, at 16 he is tied with several other QB's

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Both Mannings
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
Cutler
Ryan
Flacco
Dalton
Schaub
Luck
RGIII
Stafford

I also agree with this...

And so would most GM's I thnk...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word.

I also like seashells. We can discuss those if warm IPA is no longer exciting.

Seashells are alright with me, but don't buy them from that chick from the seashore, unless they're the ones covering her boobs. She marks the price up incredibly high, considering that you can get them free if you just look around the damn seashore. I hear though that if you try to tell anyone what she does for a living, that witch twists your tongue.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Look, you and I both know what you tried to do with Ginn's points and it is a sad testimony that you are not man enough to own it - 'nuff said.

It is sad that I wanted to dig deeper and add context to the point totals?

What the heck am I supposed to own?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with this...

And so would most GM's I thnk...

WartyOne, Check.
Bemular, Check.
AC, Check.
Most GMs, Check.
Clyde Carbon, Check. (I assume)

Just taking roll. ;)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine we chased Manning because Smith is a few spots behind him on overall QB rankings. These are the feelings of the coaching staff/front office, not some fans who want Alex to fail to prove some nonsense point on a message board to fans who want Alex to succeed to prove some nonsense point on a message board.

If Smith is the guy, then he needs to start proving it (five years ago as far as I'm concerned) by sustaining drives, converting third downs, hitting WR's in stride, not settling for FG's, not taking "can't take those" sacks, and not relying on the defense/ST's/running game to win games.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seashells are alright with me, but don't buy them from that chick from the seashore, unless they're the ones covering her boobs. She marks the price up incredibly high, considering that you can get them free if you just look around the damn seashore. I hear though that if you try to tell anyone what she does for a living, that witch twists your tongue.

She's got a sharp knife, too.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WartyOne, Check.
Bemular, Check.
AC, Check.
Most GMs, Check.
Clyde Carbon, Check. (I assume)

Just taking roll. ;)

I count as two people just because I'm so freaking sexy.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sad that I wanted to dig deeper and add context to the point totals?

What the heck am I supposed to own?

LMAO!!! it was just a few posts ago you didn't know the difference between PPG and OPPG and honestly thought it was intelligent to compare a 16 game average with an 8 game average and now you want us to believe you were "digging deeper" to add context??!!??

Well, considering "where" you were likely "digging deeper", I'll have to agree with you on this one.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course I knew what PPG and the OPPG.
There is no reason to not compare the whole 16 with the whole 8.
Explain how only first 8 games on 2011 is more accurate description of last years team than all 16.
If you are comparing height of men and women. You don't even the sample sizes for no reason.
You are right that points scored could use a boost. I wish it could be in the 30s but not gonna happen. But I'd like it closer to 30 than 20.

But looking back on it now I don't see you even confining the argument to 8 games until after I posted.

"Our PPG are DOWN from last season and our yards are up appx 57 yards per game. How is that a "big Jump" in both?"
No sign you are talking about games 1-8

and
"Comparing the 2012 49ers to the 2011 49ers we are down in points and up in yards - care to guess which of the two is most important?"

Then you lash out and I thought I missed something about how it was just the 1st half of both seasons but that was never stipulated.
"Listen-up ass clown - Through 8 games in 2011 we scored 206 points for an average of 25.8 PPG. This year we are at 189 points for an average of 23.6 PPG.

The difference is 2.2 PPG on a stat sheet - However, when you factor in our offensive improvements year over year the difference is even bigger. Do you get that?"

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread sucks. I'm adding nothing to it!

Smith is the qb we are 6-2. We are a complete solid team. The end!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I knew what PPG and the OPPG.
There is no reason to not compare the whole 16 with the whole 8.
Explain how only first 8 games on 2011 is more accurate description of last years team than all 16.
If you are comparing height of men and women. You don't even the sample sizes for no reason.
You are right that points scored could use a boost. I wish it could be in the 30s but not gonna happen. But I'd like it closer to 30 than 20.

But looking back on it now I don't see you even confining the argument to 8 games until after I posted.

"Our PPG are DOWN from last season and our yards are up appx 57 yards per game. How is that a "big Jump" in both?"

and
"Comparing the 2012 49ers to the 2011 49ers we are down in points and up in yards - care to guess which of the two is most important?"

Then you lash out and I thought I missed something about how it was just the 1st half of both seasons but that was never stipulated.
"Listen-up ass clown - Through 8 games in 2011 we scored 206 points for an average of 25.8 PPG. This year we are at 189 points for an average of 23.6 PPG.

The difference is 2.2 PPG on a stat sheet - However, when you factor in our offensive improvements year over year the difference is even bigger. Do you get that?"

Now we are on to measuring the heights of men & women?? As hilarious as your desperation has become, I'm going to go ahead and let you desperately "dig deep" all by yourself from this point forward. If you get stuck, just ask your mom for help.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread sucks. I'm adding nothing to it!

Smith is the qb we are 6-2. We are a complete solid team. The end!

Alex Smith will win the Presidential election.:hippie:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ppl always think the grass is greener.