• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is playing with the best supporting cast in the league.

its never smith is improving, its always others doing better or smith is holding everyone back...

i think smith is slightly improved over last year and i'm hoping for bigger improvements over the rest of the season. we'll see. smith's biggest improvements came under sing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course things aren't equal. Jay Cutler is playing behind the worst OL in the league. Alex Smith if playing behind the best. I'm still taking Cutler over Smith.

cutler is nothing special. there would be a few qb's between cutler and smith. soemone like rivers has shown that he can perform at a high lvl, something that cutler has never done and he played under shanahan.

seems like the same ppl telling me smith is no good are the same ones who said i was an idiot for wanting brees after his 3rd season. rumors were the chargers wanted a 3rd rounder for him. smith doesn't look likely to become an elite qb, but he's still relatively young and could establish himself as a top 10 qb in the league.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course things aren't equal. Jay Cutler is playing behind the worst OL in the league. Alex Smith if playing behind the best. I'm still taking Cutler over Smith.

I thought it was like mostly on the QB like you said with Smith?
Pointing out blitzes and changing protections at the line. And then if the rush still got through the ability to feel the pressure and ad-lib a play or something out of it?

Our OL looks "mediocre" because we have a QB who can't diagnoses defenses fast enough to make quick decisions, can't make pre-snap judgements on blocking schemes, and isn't efficient at maneuvering within the pocket.

Well I'll be damned...

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everything I've read has suggested that Rivers' OL has been playing pretty decent. Louis Vasquez has been outstanding. Michael Harris has really only been the disaster at LT but Jared Gaither has taken over for him and is playing passably decent. Hardwick is probably the next weakest link on that line but the right side (Vasquez and Clary) has earned high praise.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok u give them a pass, but smith sprains his finger plays hurt for two games yet u use that against him...

I see, I must not be following the rules. So, you are saying other QB's playing with injuries, whether real or imagined can't be used to defend their lack of performance the way you use those excuses to defend Smith?

Why?

Btw, Smith as a QB is more in the 23-25 range, as a game manager he is much better maybe even 10-15. The problem is, most knowledgeable fans would not want a game manager as their QB.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How limited is Alex at getting wins? Until he stops winning everyone pipe dreaming on Kap need to wait. Barring injury I don't see kap even an afterthought in the offense. In fact harbaugh wisened up and stopped the wildkaep because he knows it messes w/ Smiths rhythm.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Broncos be better off with Cutler/Marshall than what they are right now with Manning?

They could of had a receiving core of Marshall, Decker, and DT. Mcdaniels really screwed that team over (for the long term).

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a strong feeling all you hypersensitive pussies will be putting your tails behind your legs by seasons end.

Do you have any idea at all how ridiculous you've become?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see, I must not be following the rules. So, you are saying other QB's playing with injuries, whether real or imagined can't be used to defend their lack of performance the way you use those excuses to defend Smith?

Why?

Btw, Smith as a QB is more in the 23-25 range, as a game manager he is much better maybe even 10-15. The problem is, most knowledgeable fans would not want a game manager as their QB.

i'm not defending smith. my argument was if smith isn't 100% he damn well shouldn't be playing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Broncos be better off with Cutler/Marshall than what they are right now with Manning?

They could of had a receiving core of Marshall, Decker, and DT. Mcdaniels really screwed that team over (for the long term).

the broncos are much better off with manning

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not defending smith. my argument was if smith isn't 100% he damn well shouldn't be playing.

Ahh, Okay, so you are saying Alex is a QB of such mediocre skills that his health must be 100% perfect to perform at even an acceptable level. Well how about that, I agree. Alex does need EVERYTHING to be perfect in order for him to perform at even an acceptable level.

Thanks for clearing that up and coming to your senses - even if it is only for a moment. For a while you were posting much like Alex Smith plays with an imaginary injury - really stupid.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, Okay, so you are saying Alex is a QB of such mediocre skills that his health must be 100% perfect to perform at even an acceptable level. Well how about that, I agree. Alex does need EVERYTHING to be perfect in order for him to perform at even an acceptable level.

Thanks for clearing that up and coming to your senses - even if it is only for a moment. For a while you were posting much like Alex Smith plays with an imaginary injury - really stupid.

that's what i've been saying all along but u guys just jump all over me no matter what i say.

there was no imaginary injury. if u think that you're an idiot. is it coincidence that his throws looks horrible for a couple games after suffering a sprained finger? for two years he was throwing the ball much better than he had in those two games.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any idea at all how ridiculous you've become?

And here you are throwing in your usual one liners every two or three pages.

I've shouldn't have even gotten involved in this discussion in the first place. Absolutely no point.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Re: Clyde - You said Smith has the best supporting cast in the NFL; I think Matt Ryan does. I also think the Bears have the 2nd worst OL in the NFL, not the worst. Arizona's OL is really really really really bad.

Viper, yes you could say the same thing about Alex that I said about Rivers (the Alex of a few years ago). He had a historicaly bad supporting cast. However, he's had one of the best in the NFL the last year and a half.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Clyde - You said Smith has the best supporting cast in the NFL; I think Matt Ryan does. I also think the Bears have the 2nd worst OL in the NFL, not the worst. Arizona's OL is really really really really bad.

Viper, yes you could say the same thing about Alex that I said about Rivers (the Alex of a few years ago). He had a historicaly bad supporting cast. However, he's had one of the best in the NFL the last year and a half.

Matt Ryan has better WRs. Alex is playing behind a better OL (though Ryan's is good, too), better RBs and running game, and a better TE.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tony G. is different but just as good as Vernon. 34 First Downs on 59 targets is crazy.

Last years WR corps implosion voids being one of the best over the last year and half. There is a reason we got Moss, Manningham, and drafted A.J. Jenkins.

Rivers and Smith are the only 2 guys the past 2 years who have top 11 ratings while lacking a quality crew to throw to. We have definitely improved from where it ended last year. And Gates is healthy-ish I think compared to last year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so you are saying Alex is a QB of such mediocre skills that his health must be 100% perfect to perform at even an acceptable level.

that's what i've been saying all along.

Excellent! Just remember, all the amputated fingers and whiney ass excuses in the world doesn't change what you have been saying all along.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony G. is different but just as good as Vernon. 34 First Downs on 59 targets is crazy.

Last years WR corps implosion voids being one of the best over the last year and half. There is a reason we got Moss, Manningham, and drafted A.J. Jenkins.

Rivers and Smith are the only 2 guys the past 2 years who have top 11 ratings while lacking a quality crew to throw to. We have definitely improved from where it ended last year. And Gates is healthy-ish I think compared to last year.

See, this is the shit that pisses me off. Classic example of a pro-Alex Smith groupie downplaying the surrounding talent to make Alex look better. Tony G. is good, but he's not as good as Vernon Davis today. Vernon Davis is in his freakin' prime, Gonzalez is in his last year.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See, this is the shit that pisses me off. Classic example of a pro-Alex Smith groupie downplaying the surrounding talent to make Alex look better. Tony G. is good, but he's not as good as Vernon Davis today. Vernon Davis is in his freakin' prime, Gonzalez is in his last year.

Reasonable stuff you happen to not like isn't crap.

Jumpman Vernon Davis is great. But he has his strengths and weaknesses.

Tony's long is 25 and only 2 total 20+ over 46 catches
Vernon has 9 of his 25 20+

But Tony is still the guy 2nd only to Rice in catches.
And is still that 6-5 target in the endzone.

See you have very little credibility to call other people's posts with no numbers or links backing it. Your chips were pushed out onto the board long ago.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonable stuff you happen to not like isn't crap.

Jumpman Vernon Davis is great. But he has his strengths and weaknesses.

Tony's long is 25 and only 2 total 20+ over 46 catches
Vernon has 9 of his 25 20+

But Tony is still the guy 2nd only to Rice in catches.
And is still that 6-5 target in the endzone.

See you have very little credibility to call other people's posts with no numbers or links backing it. Your chips were pushed out onto the board long ago.

Tony is also almost 40 years old. He's still a reliable target, but if you think he's the mismatch that Vernon Davis is you're delusional.