• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #15 Ole Miss Bears at #2 Alabama Crimson Tide, ESPN 9:15

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has won the battle on both lines in the second half. They've made mistakes, both in terms of turnovers and secondary, but those are mental mistakes, not physical domination. I'll place my long-term faith in physical domination.

I absolutely disagree. INTs from inexperienced QBs don't still count as 'beating yourself' or make them the better of the two teams. Miss threw a hat on the ball on one of the fumbles. That's not Bama beating themselves.

Ole Miss defensive front dominated the first half, and while they've clearly gotten tired, they by no means were noticeably outplayed.

Bama should have gone to Henry more, but they didn't. If it's poor coaching, poor execution, whatever, that doesn't give them a free pass. I have a feeling ESPN is going to spin this like Bama 'didn't execute' and 'beat themselves,' and they'll drop them 2 or 3 places in the polls.

Unfair to discount the way Ole Miss has played. I think they clearly won the first half, caught a couple breaks in the second, and made Bama pay for them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
told u bama was over rated. smoked.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to learn how to recruit qbs
... and a secondary.

But to post something indicating they'll never compete again is just ignorant ... and ironic, coming from a fan of a team that's always been a bride's maid and never a bride.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you know Kiffin is arguing with someone on that headset.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game only out of team loyalty now.

Bama should put in their second string; give them some good game experience.

Shut up, Herb. Ole Miss blew their wad tonight. They'll lose a couple of games down the line, likely to crap teams ... like they did last year.

It's what they do.
That's some big words coming from a fan that got beat at home.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and a secondary.

But to post something indicating they'll never compete again is just ignorant ... and ironic, coming from a fan of a team that's always been a bride's maid and never a bride.
Just let them worry about their pretty uniforms

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The penalty would have been a dead ball foul since it occurred after the whistle was blown on the play Bama recovered the ball and it would have been assessed on Bama's possession. It was discussed over and over after that game. The correct call was a dead ball foul after the official play was over. Sorry, but you are incorrect.
Well, I could have sworn during the time that the rule said it was a live-ball foul due to the play not being whistled dead before the foul occurred. But going through the rules I can't find anything to back it up. So I'll let you win this time. It may be the only win you get today

kelso_burn.gif